Doctor in Dietitian Ayesha Rehman clinic
Submit a review for Dietitian Ayesha Rehman clinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Prem Singh Airi
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Ayesha Rehman to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and inspiring. THANK YOU MADAM FOR UR HELPFUL ADVISE"
Dt. Ayesha Rehman provides answers that are knowledgeable. This is correct. I agree with doctor answer She knows best about it
What you eat has a direct effect on your skin; eat healthy and your skin looks healthy, eat unhealthy food and your skin looks dull. Eating right can even fight signs of aging thus, negating the need for procedures like Botox. Not only does it cost less, but healthy food boosts your overall health as well.
Here are 6 such foods that can help you fight signs of aging and give you a flawless complexion.
Turmeric: Turmeric is well known for its yellow colour and anti-inflammatory properties. Many home remedies suggest the use of turmeric for a number of health ailments including skin conditions. Turmeric can fight signs of aging by reducing inflammation and oxidation. This, in turn, helps the skin heal faster. This spice can be added to your food or mixed with warm milk to benefit from it.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich sources of vitamin C and lycopene. Vitamin C helps stimulate the production of collagen and hence keeps the skin firm while lycopene protects the skin against harmful UV radiation. As a general rule of thumb, the deeper red the tomato is, the better it is.
Berries: Berries such as blueberries and raspberries are excellent sources of Vitamin E and antioxidants that fight against the effects of pollution and rids the body of free radicals and other toxins that cause premature aging. These berries also have anthocyanins that boost the effects of vitamin C
Honey: Honey can be eaten or applied topically on the skin to benefit from it. Honey helps keep the body hydrated by absorbing moisture and preventing the skin from drying out. It also has antibacterial properties that prevent acne and other breakouts. Ideally, honey should be used and consumed in its raw, unprocessed form.
Nuts: Nuts are a great snack that keeps your skin looking young and fresh. Almonds are excellent sources of vitamin E that help fight acne, psoriasis and eczema among other skin ailments. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that keep the skin soft and supple. Brazil nuts are also rich sources of vitamin E. However, keep in mind the high calorific value of these nuts and do not overindulge in them.
Avocados: Avocados are filled with essential fatty acids that moisturize and nourish skin. They are also rich in Vitamin B, C and E. While vitamin C boosts collagen production, vitamin E maintains the elasticity of skin and prevents sagging. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
The following dietary tips can be helpful with the condition:
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods in their natural, uncooked form should be consumed fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the glucose circulation by insulin.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for women with PCOS because they have a high amount of oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion process and remove toxins.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream, coconut oil and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How much weight can we loose by burning 300-350 calories a day? I am on a diet plan. My weight is 88 kg. My target is 75. Hope you will respond.
I need to reduce my weight. Please suggest some good tips. Also some good home made ayurveda medicine.
I would like to gain body weight, I have tried more times bt con not able to gain ,what should I have to take as my meal to gain weight ,plz please ,kindly advise me ,I will be thankful.
My weight is 84 kg I am want to loss it pl. See any ways so I can loss my weight. Actual I was try to loss weight but not affected.
I am very much skinny and underweight. Till now I have consulted a number of doctors. They would recommend me to take protein shakes or take more calories but nothing has helped so far. Being skinny makes me look older than age. Now is there any hope for me to gain weight?
I want to loss eight now I am 101 kg and I am doing gym also but I am pure veg how to weight loss can you tell me And what should eat leaving panner.
Hi mam/sir can I use dexona and ciplactin tablets for weight gain. Also, today I am start my first dost in the morning. After reading the side effect I want to overcome out. i.e is my this first dose. May I leave this tablets. I never use this. But yesterday my friend give it to me and I take it only in morning.
Do you know that eating just 1.5 ounces of nuts a day can reduce your chance of getting heart disease? Almonds and peanuts can both protect your heart and do much more for you to live healthy for a long life.
But, which one is better for you- almonds or peanuts? Let’s explore, shall we?
Vitamins and minerals: Both almonds and peanuts are storehouses of healthy vitamins and minerals and they both contain equal quantities of micronutrients. One ounce serving of dry roasted almonds has 170 calories, 6 gm of protein and 3 gm of fibre. The same amount of peanuts contains 166 calories, about 7 gm of protein and 2 gm of fibre. But, it’s also known that peanuts have more B vitamins, but almonds are a better choice for vitamin E and minerals in general.
Healthy fats: Peanuts and almonds content equal amounts of fats -Almonds have 15 gm and peanuts contain 14 gm of total fat in a one-ounce serving. This fat is mostly the heart healthy unsaturated fats which lower your risk of cardiovascular disease by reducing cholesterol levels in your blood and fighting inflammation. Experts suggest that you should have 20 - 35 percent of your daily calories from fats, with as much as possible coming from unsaturated fat for a healthy heart.
Which nut is better?
- Almonds and peanuts contain the same vitamins like B and E, but in different amounts. You should eat more almonds if you need to boost your intake of antioxidant vitamin E as they have 45 percent of your recommended daily allowance in just a one-ounce serving.
- On the other hand, peanuts are better sources of the B vitamins like folate and niacin.
- Just one ounce serving of peanuts can give you 10 percent of your recommended daily allowance of folate and about 24 percent of the RDA of niacin. Almonds have less of these healthy vitamins.
- Magnesium content in both is there in good amount, but almonds contain marginally more magnesium.
- Almonds have two times more iron and five times more calcium than peanuts, though they both have the same amount of zinc.
So, the verdict is in favour of almonds, as they are better nutritionally than peanuts as they contain more iron, calcium, magnesium and healthy fats. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.