Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Submit a review for Contura Cosmetic ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I underwent Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) three months back at Contura clinic by Dr Seekar Harinatha. At the outset, he was easy to talk to and seemed genuine and knowledgable. The clinic is also nice and near my home. The procedure itself was smoother than I had expected. So I have no doubt in suggesting him for procedures after seeing the results. Thank you
The experience and procedure was good. Thanks
Hi I want to know about rhinoplasty bu I have parts in my qus 1.is it safe? 2.what is the cost of operation 3.how much will it cost pre op and post op on meds 4.after this when can I join my work 5.are there any other methods to fix the shape of your nose?
It is the process in which the unwanted and undesirable hair are removed through pulse of light that are highly intense and powerful. During laser hair removal, a pulse beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which hinders its future hair growth. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
Why is it done?
Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it's possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area, except the eyelid or surrounding area.
Hair color and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advancement in technology has made laser hair removal an option for people who have darker skin as well.
Laser hair removal isn't generally effective for white, gray, red or blond hair because the laser can't "see" the lighter hair. However, treatment options for lighter hair continue to be investigated.
What are the advantages of hair removal surgery?
- More precise: Selective target makes it more precise leaving the surrounding hair undamaged.
More speedy and quicker: High speed and highly intensified pulse takes only a fraction of second to treat many hair at the same time. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
More predictable: It is so because repeated therapies of hair removal may result in permanent loss of hair among several patients.
What are the risks associated with it?
This treatment does not guarantee complete hair removal the hair can grow after having undergone hair removal surgery, but however, the grown hair are more light in color and weight.
What can you expect?
Before laser hair removal, the hair in the treatment area might be trimmed with a pair of scissors. You'll also be given special goggles to protect your eyes from the laser beam. The doctor might apply a topical anesthetic to your skin to reduce any discomfort during treatment.
To reduce any discomfort, apply ice to the treated area. If you have a skin reaction immediately after laser hair removal, the doctor might apply a steroid cream to the affected area. After laser hair removal, avoid sun exposure, both natural sunlight and tanning beds. When your skin has healed, use sunscreen whenever you're in the sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
Having a cosmetic surgery is quite a big deal. It is an expensive surgery, which causes alteration of your body features. Although cosmetic surgeries are usually effective and provide satisfactory results, you should keep several things in mind before a cosmetic surgery. You should know all important facts about cosmetic surgeries, their procedure and results before undertaking one.
Here are the things you should consider and keep in mind:
- Cosmetic surgeries are permanent: You would like the idea of perfecting several features of your body using a cosmetic surgery. However, you must keep in mind that such a surgery is permanent and your features would be altered forever. You should not undergo a cosmetic surgery half-heartedly and must think over and over before finalizing.
- You should know why you are having a surgery: You need to have proper reasons why you want to undergo a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the exact reason why you feel that a cosmetic surgery is required. There are several physical and emotional changes which occur after a surgery and you should be prepared for the same.
- You should know the results you want: Before having a cosmetic surgery, you should know exactly how the results would appear. Having a rough idea will not do and you should know beforehand how you are going to look post-surgery. You must make the doctor understand your requirements and desired results perfectly so that he or she can give the best results. You may use pictures and illustrations to explain your objectives to the surgeon.
- You should know about the outcomes: Knowing about all the possible outcomes of the cosmetic surgery, which you have opted for is very important. For this, you need to surf the internet and do some research. Read from trustworthy medical care websites and also consult people who have had a cosmetic surgery before. You should also keep in mind the consequences which may arise if you do not like the results of a cosmetic surgery and be prepared mentally, in case some complications occur.
- You should choose the best surgeon: Choosing a capable and efficient surgeon is an important thing to do, before thinking of having a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the location, experience and approach, while choosing the right surgeon. You should also make sure that the surgeon is qualified and registered to practice.
A cosmetic surgery is a serious surgery, which will change the way you look in certain ways, depending upon the type of cosmetic surgery you have chosen. Before deciding on having a cosmetic surgery, you should consider the above-mentioned factors and then only go for it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic plastic surgeon.
What exactly is the role of liposuction?
While liposuction is not a replacement for a healthy lifestyle, it can make you look and feel better. During the procedure, your surgeon uses a specially-designed surgical instrument known as a cannula to break up and remove excess pockets of fat. The procedure requires only small incisions and, with modern techniques, swelling and bruising during the recovery period can be minimized.
It is important for plastic surgery patients to remember that this procedure is meant for body contouring and is not a treatment for obesity. You need to be close to your ideal body weight to be an ideal candidate. Beyond your weight, it is critical to have the right goals – contouring and reshaping rather than seeing a smaller number on the weighing machine.
What are the types of liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction: a local anesthetic is used to numb the area of your body where the tube will be inserted. Next, a large amount of an anesthetic solution containing lidocaine and epinephrine is injected into the fatty tissue before traditional liposuction is done. Tumescent liposuction may require general anesthesia (which makes you sleep through the procedure) if a large area is being treated.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: this technique uses ultrasound to liquify the fat, which makes it easier to remove. This technique may be particularly helpful in removing fat from the upper abdomen, sides, and back.
Power-assisted liposuction: this technique uses mechanically moving cannulas to hasten the procedure.
What to expect after liposuction?
After the procedure, the area of the body that was treated is firmly wrapped to help reduce swelling, bruising, and pain. Elastic bandages and tape or another type of firm-fitting garment may be used, depending on which part of the body was treated. You may have to wear the compression garment or wrap for 3 to 4 weeks. Expect bruising and swelling for at least the first 7 to 10 days.
Fluid may drain from the incision sites for several days. You may be given antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
Most people are able to get up and move around as soon as the treatment is finished and after the effects of the anesthesia and any sedation have worn off. You can return to your normal activities as soon as you feel comfortable, although this may take several days. Most people can return to work within a few days. Recovery may take longer if large areas were treated.
How effective is liposuction?
Liposuction is usually very effective at removing fat deposits in most areas. But if you regain weight after having liposuction, the fatty bulges that were removed are likely to appear in a different place.
Some improvement in body contour is usually noticeable right after surgery. And improvement may continue for several weeks or even months as the swelling goes away. The full effects of having liposuction may not be visible for several months. After fat has been removed, the skin around the area may be somewhat loose. It may take up to 2 months for the skin to tighten around the treated area. Some people's skin is very elastic and retracts more quickly than other people's skin. Younger skin tends to have greater elasticity than older skin.
What are the risks of liposuction?
Liposuction done by an experienced doctor in a properly equipped facility is usually safe. Having more than one area treated, or having a very large area treated, may increase the risk of complications during or after the procedure.
Common side effects of liposuction include:
Temporary swelling, bruising, soreness, and numbness in and around the treated areas.
Irritation and minor scarring around the incision sites where the cannulas were inserted.
Baggy or rippling skin. The skin will usually tighten and retract after a few months. But in some people the skin may remain somewhat loose.
If you gain weight after having liposuction, your body may store the new fat in a different place than where you had fat cells removed.
Who is the right candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction should be done only by a doctor who has special training in liposuction and plastic surgery and knows how to respond to complications during surgery.
If you are trying to lose weight, liposuction is not a substitute for exercise and a balanced diet. In fact, most cosmetic surgeons agree that the best candidates for liposuction are healthy people who are at or close to a healthy weight but who have stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to exercise.
I have white spot on my hip & my thigh and I should use the cream and medicine from one year I should not satisfied from them what should I do?
Here are top 3 benefits of getting a beauty sleep-
1) Curbs wear and tear: Your skin, and your whole body, retire into recovery or repair mode while you are asleep. Your skin renews itself. New skin cells grow and replace older cells. It is more like restoring and rebalancing.
2) Does balancing act: Sleep time is also the time when all kinds of hormonal and metabolic changes happen in the body, including your skin. As you snooze, your body churns out human growth hormone — a crucial ingredient for collagen production, which keeps your skin supple. A lack of sleep can disrupt those processes and result in skin breakout like acne.
3) It's recovery time: When you're tired, blood doesn't flow efficiently. The good thing about the skin is that it recovers quickly. Get a good night's sleep tonight and tomorrow you will look refreshed. 7-9 hours of beauty rest nightly should do the trick.
So, don't compromise on your sleep and start taking adequate rest in the night.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.