Doctor in Columbia Asia Referal Hospital-Yeshwantpur
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Columbia Asia Referal Hospital-YeshwantpurYour feedback matters!
Some do's and don'ts to boost immunity
In layman language immunity means body's resistance to fight diseases or its ability to defend itself from foreign bodies. We can boost our immunity by following some simple do's and don'ts.
1) drink enough water - to get rid of the toxins and boost the metabolism.
2) get enough sleep- at least 7-8 hours but avoid oversleeping.
3) get ample sunlight-to boost vitamin d which is crucial for fending off diseases.
4) eat lots of vegetables- as well as fruits 6-7 servings in a day to boost antioxidants which fight free radicals.
5) eat some herbs and spice - like turmeric, garlic, ginger, indian gooseberry, ginseng.
6) stretch daily-at least 30 minutes daily for building strength and enhancing blood circulation.
1) avoid processed foods- as it cannot be digested and may create some gastrointestinal problem.
2) limit refined sugar - specially in beverages as they are immune depressant.
3) avoid cold foods- as cold foods and cold drinks reduce the digestive fire.
4) do not smoke and drink - as it can wane off all the energy you have.
5) limit allopathic medicines - especially life time medicines, rather try to modify your lifestyle to get rid of the problem.
6) do not overthink - as it can effect power of mind and surround you with negativity which can further effect your immunity and leave you lethargic!
Snoring can frustrate the people who share your home and it likely leaves you feeling tired in the morning.
Snoring is when you sleep, the muscles of your throat relax, your tongue falls backward, and your throat becomes narrow and "floppy." As you breathe, the walls of the throat begin to vibrate - generally when you breathe in, but also, to a lesser extent, when you breathe out. These vibrations lead to the characteristic sound of snoring.
Causes of snoring: age, being overweight or obese, drinking too much alcohol, blocked nasal passage, etc.
It’s not a condition to ignore. Reasons to take snoring seriously:
· Leads to poor night sleep.
· You may not realize how disruptive your snoring is, but it may have a serious impact on your spouse.
· Snoring can also cause you to have a dry mouth or sore or irritated throat when you wake up.
· Snoring leads to feeling of tiredness all the time, less focused, etc.
Tips you can follow which will help you to prevent it:
- Change Your Sleep Position. Lying on your back at night causes your tongue and soft palate to collapse back into your airways causing you to snore. Hence, try to sleep on your side rather than your back.
- Go to bed at the same time every night and get plenty of sleep. Regular sleep patterns help you sleep better, and more restful sleep may reduce snoring.
- Elevate your head with pillows to improve airflow through your nasal passages and to help you breathe easier.
- Keep your nose clear, so that you breathe in through your nose rather than your mouth.
- Sinus can be one of the causes for snoring so including Vitamin C in diet for immune system. E.g.papaya, bell peppers, broccoli, pineapple, etc.
- If overweight or obese then reduce your weight.
- Drink plenty of water. Stay well hydrated.
- Eat healthy like complex carbs (whole grains,oats, etc), lean protein (lean chicken, fish, etc) and healthy fats like Omega-3 (fish, flax seeds, olive oil, etc).
- Exercise daily. Yes it helps to reduce snoring.
- Avoid eating heavy meals just before bedtime.
- Avoid saturated fats in diet like red met, mayonnaise,etc.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as they relax the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing.
- Quite smoking.
- Talk to your doctor about your problem.
Why Do I Have a Red Penis, and How Can I Treat It?
A red penis doesn't necessarily point to an infection and is a very common problem for men. If the red skin accompanies rough, dry or chafing and sore penis skin, it can be uncomfortable and create obstacles to your sexual health and happiness. Skin redness can have causes that aren't due to an underlying disease, some of which you can find below. Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to treat a red and sore penis. Read the list below to determine whether or not your red and sore penis is just irritated or if you need to seek medical treatment.
1) Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes redness on the skin that can be painful to the touch. Dry skin builds up to create patchy and sometimes flaky patches of red skin. It is common to find psoriasis on the penis skin. Although psoriasis is a chronic disease, it can remain dormant for periods of time until it emerges.
2) Balanitis is inflammation of the foreskin and head of the penis. While this is most common in uncircumcised men, it can appear in circumcised men too. Improper hygiene can contribute to skin irritation, including both lack of cleansing and too much cleansing. This penis disorder can lead to a red and sore penis with tenderness, itching or swelling.
The HIV virus must infect living cells to reproduce. HIV takes over certain immune system cell that are supposed to defend the body.
Itchy Penis Prevention: Keeping Thrush at Bay
An itchy penis can strike a guy at any time and any place - and can be caused by any number of things. One of the more irritating causes is commonly called thrush - a yeast infection, the proper name of which is candidiasis. Practicing proper penis care can help decrease the chance of infection, which is certainly advisable.
Yeast infections are much more common in women than in men, but men sometimes do acquire them as well. And while thrush often occurs on the penis and surrounding areas and can be transmitted from one partner to another, it is not classified as a sexually transmitted infection. That's essentially because there are other ways for men to contract candidiasis.
It also isn't always found on the genitals. Thrush can show up in other places, including the mouth.
Candidiasis is caused by a yeast fungus called candida. This is a commonly-occurring fungus that all bodies have. It's only when the quantity of the fungus gets out of hand that it causes an itchy penis or other issues.
Thrush can be passed on from one partner to the other through sexual contact, although this doesn't happen as often as might be expected. Other common causes of thrush include:
- Use of antibiotics. Antibiotics help to keep infection under control by killing bacteria, but they kill both good and bad bacteria. When the good bacteria are decreased, candida may take advantage of the opportunity to thrive and grow.
- Immune system issues. Similarly, when the immune system is negatively impacted, the conditions become better for candida to gain in numbers.
- Diabetes. High blood sugar helps candida to breed, so uncontrolled diabetes can be a factor.
- Improper hygiene. A penis that is not kept properly washed is much more likely to accommodate thrush. That means both those that are not kept clean as well as those that are cleaned with harsh soaps or cleansers are more susceptible. In the latter case, the improper cleanser causes irritated skin, which is a better environment for fungal infections.
There are numerous simple steps that a man can take to make his tool less likely to develop candidiasis. For example:
- Use a condom. When thrush is sexually transmitted, it is usually when a man has been engaging in sex without a condom. The rubber helps to prevent the transfer of yeast to the man's member.
- Watch the blood sugar. Maintaining blood sugar at an appropriate level makes the infection less likely to occur.
- Keep the immune system up. Eating healthily, exercising regularly and getting sufficient sleep can help strengthen the immune system, making one less susceptible to thrush.
- Don't get too rough. Irritated penis skin is a target for thrush. Sometimes guys get a little too rough when masturbating, and that excess friction can cause irritation. Keep the strokes steady and exciting but don't lose all control.
- Practice proper hygiene. As mentioned above, a clean tool is less likely to attract thrush and the subsequent itchy penis. Guys should wash their members after having sex, even if they wear a condom, just to be safe. (This is in addition to regular washing, of course.) As mentioned above, it's crucial that the cleanser used is not too harsh and does not contain chemicals or perfumes that are likely to irritate the skin. Don't stop there, however. Keeping the equipment healthy can be accomplished by regular use of a quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil). Look for one that includes a combination of a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (vitamin E is good), which can help to smooth and alleviate common skin irritation as well as itchiness. The crème should also contain vitamin B5, which aids in life sustenance and healthy penile cell metabolism. Used regularly, the right crème can do wonders for the itchy penis problem caused by thrush.
6 causes of impotency in men
Impotence in men is also known as erectile dysfunction (or ed) and occurs when a male is unable to achieve or maintain an erection or ejaculate, which leads to lack of sexual satisfaction for both partners. Even though men are more likely to be prone to impotence as they get older, this condition affects many young men as well and deals a great blow to their self-esteem and emotional wellbeing.
Impotence is caused by various factors that can be physical, mental, emotional, or a combination of multiple factors that give rise to a medical disorder. It usually varies from case to case and hence, diagnosis is highly subjective and individual.
Some of the most commonly occurring factors that cause impotence in men are as follows:
- hormonal dysfunction
Hormones play a very important role in contributing to sexual disorders. Fluctuations in hormone levels in the body, especially of testosterone, and endocrine diseases are known to cause impotence.
- cardiac conditions
Disorders of the cardiovascular system inhibit the flow of blood to the penis and lead to erectile dysfunction.
- emotional issues
In many cases, emotional issues such as stress and anxiety disorders, depression, fatigue, childhood sexual abuse and feelings of inadequacy can hamper a man's sexual prowess and cause impotence.
- medical side effects
There are certain prescription drugs and medicines that interfere with sexual function and cause erectile dysfunction. Examples of these are sedatives, diuretics, antihistamines, stimulants, synthetic hormones, cancer chemotherapy medicines, etc.
- substance abuse
Excess intake of certain substances like tobacco and alcohol can lead to impotency. Narcotics like cocaine, heroin and amphetamines also have the same effect on sexual functioning.
- neurological defects
Disorders of the nervous system are known to inhibit communication between the brain and the genital organs and contribute to impotency. Some such neurological disorders include Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cerebral palsy, nervous strokes, brain and spinal tumors, etc.
I am sanilkishore I have a son who is studying in 10 class He is having severe headache at the back of the head and forehead doctors told that he is having migraine he Takes medicine also but no effect when the pain comes the pain is only reduced when he Take Naxdom-500 and densaid QA.
I want to know. What can I do for long sex. I was continuously masturbating till last 3-4 years. Now I cums soon. I think this will affect my marriage life. Pls suggest some ways to solve this.
H1N1 infection, more commonly known as Swine Flu, has gripped Maharashtra badly and has so far accounted for over 70 deaths in the state. More than 700 people have been hospitalised and the number is increasing rapidly.
The infection, which has worst affected cities like Pune and Nashik, has brought a bunch of viral diseases including dengue.
What is H1N1 infection?
It is a respiratory disease which is caused by influenza viruses that infect the respiratory tract of pigs and eventually result in a barking cough, nasal secretions, decreased appetite and listless behaviour. It quickly gets transmitted to humans and turns into a pandemic.
How does it prevail?
It spreads its wings in a very similar manner as seasonal flu. When people sneeze or cough, they release tiny drops of virus into the air. Whenever another person comes in contact with these drops, he/she also gets infected by the virus. It can also spread by using or touching the things touched by the infected person.
The symptoms of the disease are also very much similar to the seasonal flu. They include:
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Running nose
- Breath shortness
- Frequent vomiting
- Pain in the belly region
Swine flu can lead to more serious problems that include pneumonia, a lung infection and other breathing problems. In ailments like diabetes and asthma, it can make the situation even worst.
How is H1N1 infection diagnosed?
As there are many similarities in the symptoms of seasonal flu and swine flu, the doctor runs a swab up inside your nose around the back of your throat. The method, however, is not used on everyone but only on those who are at risk of life threatening problems because of swine flu.
How To Treat H1N1 Infection?
Some of the anti-viral drugs used to cure seasonal flu are used to treat swine flu also. Oseltamivir (Tamiflu), peramivir (Rapivab) and zanamivir (Relenza) are some of the best kinds of drugs that fetch best results.
Taking antibiotics will do no benefit as swine flu is caused by virus, not bacteria.
Can vaccination keep swine flu at bay?
The flu vaccine which keeps away seasonal flu also protects against N1H1 infection.
How to prevent H1N1 infection?
Apart from vaccinations, there are some other ways also to keep yourself healthy:
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Use alcohol-based hand-sanitizer
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth or nose
- Try to maintain safe distance from infected people
Prevention is always better than cure! At the time when the pandemic is quickly spreading across the country, people should be more cautious about their health. If you also have the symptoms of the disease, you should immediately visit a doctor to diagnose it and start with the treatment.
Multimodal pain management has become an important part of the perioperative care of patients undergoing total joint replacement. The principle of multimodal therapy is to use interventions that target several different steps of the pain pathway, allowing more effective pain control with fewer side effects. Many different protocols have shown clinical benefit. The goal of this review is to provide a concise overview of the principles and results of multimodal pain management regimens as a practical guide for the management of joint arthroplasty patients.
Multimodal denotes administering two or more than two types of medications that work with different mechanisms. The following are the techniques used:
Pre-operative Femoral Nerve Block: Prior to the surgery, a catheter is placed beside the femoral nerve for blocking it. This nerve is located in the upper thigh. Medication is delivered through the catheter for the nerve to be numbed for 24 hours. Thus, pain signals to the brain are blocked. This method reduces the use of narcotics and the consequent side effects.
Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA): This method is also known as ‘Pain Pump’. An intravenous pump is used to administer pain relief medications, such as oxymorphone or morphine, after the surgery. The control button of the machine could be pressed, by the patient for 6 to 10 times per hour. The machine is used for two post-operative days.
Oral Medications: The oral medications include Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs or NSAID; such as Celebrex which is similar to aspirin, structurally. Alternatively, acetaminophen, such as Tylenol or its equivalent composition, can also be used.
Acetaminophen: It acts on the Central Prostaglandin Synthesis and relieves the patient of pain through multiple mechanisms.
Epidural Analgesia: It produces lower pain scores and involves less time for achieving physical therapy goals. However, this is subject to side effects such as dizziness, urinary retention and itchiness.
The objective of multimodal treatments is to provide quick relief to the patient and immediately so. Earlier the rehabilitation, more successful will be the knee replacement surgery.