Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Anand PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
My Daughter don't want to go school. She weeping daily Early morning before going to school and vomit mostly. She refuses taking tiffen with her and don't eat food at school. This is happening since last one month after Summer vacation lasts 1 and half month. She weeps while comb on hair and says her body aches top to bottom. Please guide us. She has one little brother. I live out of home and family lives in Amritsar.
My daughter get birth on 21st march 2017 According to doctor they give vaccine to her like Oral polio Bcg Hepatitis b 1&2 dose DTP Oral polio Ipv Hib 1st and 2nd and 3rd dose And I ask doctor for rota virus vaccine He told me that it is not important for your child So I want to know that is it right Is rota virus vaccine is important or not please suggest My child after c section delivery report is NAD - CHEST NAD Abdomen soft Obstical history Para 1 + 0 lch 11/2 months LSCS please provide me a satisfactory answer.
My baby girl is 1 year 3 month old. Her weight is 7.7 kg. She takes very little amount of food. I made delicious items even she does not want to eat much. Please give me a solution how to increase her food uptake and how to increase her weight. She stands up but unable to walk. With the help of us only she try to walk.
Hello doctors My baby weight is 8.300 he is not eating any fruits or else. He is 9 month old please suggest me any food chart that gain his weight or any medicine.
After vaccination of DTap-IPV/Hib my kid had little fever doctor suggested p-125 0.5 ml but without knowingly I gave flu cold drops of0. 5 ml but there was not much fever. My kid is as usual now without any difference. Will this affect him? I'm very upset kindly tell me. He usually have his breast milk and sleep for an longer time. He is just 75 days old baby.
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
My son is 3 years 5 months old. He hits himself and becomes aggressive and behaves violently he hits his head on the wall, he hits his throat stomach and so. So we consulted a pediatrician and through EEG we came to know that he is having abnormal epilepsy activity. He is taking EPTOIN, piracetam and VALPARIN syrup from july but it continues the same and it is becoming really worse. He started hitting his head and biting others at the age of 2.we thought as he is kid he will change when he grown up. But if we dint give anything he wants or if we talk to him politely not to hit his head on the wall or something else also he starts hitting himself. And the attack continues till half an hour. If we tries to stop him he become more aggressive. My wife was admitted 25 days in hospital for second baby delivery he dint see his mom for 20 days and one day he came with us to the hospital after seeing my wife is having a baby on her lap he started behaving more aggressive than the before for the past two months .when he become aggressive he hits the baby as well. He is not sleeping deeply at night he starts crying and hitting himself at the midnight time. He is not even eating properly. If we say anything he repeats the same to us. And he says the same sentence again and again. It is very difficult to capture a video of him as he hits his throat and stomach we will be stopping him. He is taking EPTOIN - 5 ml, piracetam SYRUP (NOOTROPIL)-5 ml, VALPARIN-5 ml at the night time an EPTOIN - 5 ml, VALPARIN-5 ml during morning. Please help me and suggest us what to do to stop this?
Please provide 7 month feeding plan of baby boy. Also how much water should we give to baby of 7 month.
My baby who is 17 days old, when doctor checking his health, he checked his naval on no. 9 days by pressing his naval, after that always some blood coming from his naval, again we had taken him to doctor & he prescribed moxikind CV drops, after that also some blood coming ,we are tensed, what should we do?
I have no enough milk supply. Which milk I can give for feed to my daughter. please suggest. Take medicine for increase milk supply but no milk .my daughter feeling hungry after breast feed .what to do. Which milk I feed.
Growth is the most important aspect of childhood, one that distinguishes children from adults. Growth is affected by a number of diseases and growth failure is often the first sign of a serious disease. Unfortunately children with growth failure present very late when no help is possible.
Why to worry?
Growth is the best marker of health and growth failure may be caused by a seious disease. Moreover children with short stature have lower self esteem.
When to worry?
Plot the height of your child in the growth chart and if it is below the lower limit visit a doctor. Alternatively if your child's height is less than the formula (Height = Age in years x 6 + 77 cm) it may be a cause of concern. Growth stops at the age of 14 years in girls and 16 years in boys. Hence the child should be reviewed latest by 10 years for girls and 12 years for boys.
What causes growth failure?
Growth failure can be due to a number of causes including poor nutrition, lack of physical activities and low genetic potential with parents being short. Short stature can also be caused by a number of diseases like thyroid problems, growth hormone deifiency and celiac disease (wheat allergy).
How can I improve my child's growth?
Please encourage your child to play for atleast 1 hour a day. It is important to restrict screen time including television, computer, tablets and mobiles to less than an hour. Increased protein and calcium intake with more milk, pulses and vegetables also helps in improving growth. Growth hormone is produced during sleep. Sleeping for at least eight hours a day is therefore essential for a child to achieve good growth.
What can be done if my child is very short?
Please consut a doctor to identify the cause of short stature. Most conditions are readily treatable. Children with growth hormone deficiency respond dramatically to growth hormone. Growth hormone is also being used now in children with turner syndrome, familial short staure, small size at birth and kidney disease.
Time is important- act now if your child is short.
The habit of thumb sucking is very common in many toddlers and babies, but often disturbs the parents to a great extent. Before dealing with this habit, it is very imperative for parents to understand the cause of this behavior. The tendency of thumb sucking is quite normal for the babies as it makes them feel comforting.
Problems that occur with thumb sucking
There are certain problems that occur if the baby develops the habit of prolonged thumb sucking. The problem that occurs mainly on sucking the thumb for longer time is with the teeth of the toddlers which may result in speech problems. Some babies get over this habit of thumb sucking on their own without any adverse after affects. However, sometimes prolonged thumb sucking may result in irritation on the skin or lead to peeling off of the skin, causing discomfort and pain to the child. There are chances that even the nails on the fingers grow in a crooked manner because of infection caused by thumb sucking.
How to get your child to leave thumb sucking habit?
- Parents must in any case not force their toddlers to stop this habit or get upset with them, as it can cause the toddler to develop this habit all the more.
- A child mainly sucks his thumb for comfort, and the habit can be stopped by diverting their mind and offering the child a soft toy or giving them a special blanket.
- It is better to give the toddler something to hold which makes him feel secure and comfortable.
- It is very important to assess whether it is a problem before stopping the habit of thumb sucking. But if the habit continues, it may affect the alignment of the teeth.
- It is always better to make use of ways like positive reinforcement and encouraging behavior change in your child. Parents must set up a reward system and take a note of the days the child does not suck his thumb. It is important that parents praise their child verbally and give them some reward at the end of the month.
- The best and simple way to quit the habit of thumb sucking is to cover the thumb with a thumb guard or mittens.
- The best way to help your child quit the habit would be to distract him or her and involve them in activities that would require the use of both the hands. Parents can keep their child busy by giving them puzzles or blocks to play. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.