Doctor in Ajay Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Ajay ClinicYour feedback matters!
Heartburn can be a very discomforting condition and affects almost everyone at some point in his or her life. This is a condition wherein the stomach acids back up through the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation, especially near the chest area. Quick-relief medications can help you deal with them for a particular episode. However, recurring deposits might warrant changes in diet and lifestyle. Some of the long and short term remedies are mentioned below:
Short term remedies to deal with heartburn
- Eat a banana or an apple: A few slices of banana and apples can introduce acids into your stomach which will counteract the stomach acids and thus help reduce heart burn.
- Use baking soda and water as a home remedy: This is another quick fix if you don’t have anything at home when suffering from heartburn. If you mix half to a full spoon of baking soda with water and then drink slowly, it will immediately help relieve symptoms. However, don’t make this a regular remedy as it may cause side effects such as nausea and swelling.
- Ginger root tea: Making tea with ginger is another great home remedy which can easily relieve heart burn.
- Chew gum when you have heartburn: This is helpful as the constant stimulation within the mouth due to chewing gum helps with saliva production. The excess production of saliva helps wash away the acids that have built up in the stomach. Once the acid recedes, it helps in relieving or eliminating heartburn.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Drinking aloe vera juice helps in relieving heart burn very easily. It helps control inflammation in both the esophagus and the stomach and relieves pain from heartburn. However, regular use isn’t recommended as it can act like a laxative.
- Change your Sleeping habits: Try to sleep on the left side of your body and ensure that your upper body is in a slightly raised position as this will stop the stomach acids form coming up into the esophagus.
- Watch what you eat, when you eat and how quickly you eat: It is advisable to not only maintain a fixed time of eating but also try to eat slowly as it give the stomach more time to adjust in digesting the food, thereby ensuring controlled secretion of the acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: These are common triggers for heartburn and avoiding them will show results in a relatively short period of time. It is advisable to stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to once a week or even lesser.
- Wear loose fitting clothes: Wear clothes which are loose as this would free up your stomach. Tight clothing can push stomach acids up the esophagus and it is advisable to loosen up clothing to relieve symptoms.
Due to excess masturbation now I am feeling some erection problem in my penis and also it's thickness and length short.
Hi, I have clavicle fracture on my right shoulder collar bone in middle part. I wear shoulder sling to heal that fractured bone, how long does it take for this fracture to heal properly? Do I need to wear arm support along with sling regularly? And healing of bone is n not visible in xray even after three weeks, is it normal? Please let me know.
From last 6 to 8 years main masturbation kar Raha hu is vajah se Mera penis chota aur erectile dysfunction bhi hai penis 2 minutes bhi khada nahi hota aur mai sexuality active bhi nahi hu isliye mere man me baith gaya ki main ladki impress ya sexually khush nahi rakh sakta main 2 se 3 saal se stress mein tha lekin mujhe depression Kya hota hai malum nahi tha ek baar ek Dr. Ne puchha ki Kya tum depression mein ho tabse mein aur kamjor aur sexually low feel karta hu please help me doctor Mera penis bahut chota aur patla ho gaya hai please help me.
I am 25 years female, from last 2 months I am suffering from headache and when I go to sleep I feel slight irritation in between my eyebrows. The feeling is like when we wear the specs for the first time. Is here any problem with my eye sight? And also my feet always remain cold irrespective of whether, is it a sign of weakness. Waiting for you answer.
Hi, I am suffering from allergy problem of nose. It starts only cold. I want to test it. What will be cost and duration of it.
Exercise is one of the best things one can do for themselves to stay fit and healthy. Regular exercise will always be a great idea for the normal functioning of the body.
Exercises play a vital role in controlling or minimizing heart issues. They greatly help in maintaining good blood circulation. They are also helpful in maintaining blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, and increasing energy levels.
Exercises do help to prevent heart disease, but it is important to do right exercises in right amount.
How Often and How Long Should One Exercise?
If the person is not active, 20 to 30 minutes of Aerobic session for at least four times a week is good enough. However, the more the person can do, the better the result will be.
If a person is already physically active, more exercise time is recommended, to really tone the body.
The amount of exercise also depends upon stamina of the particular person.
What type of Exercise is Beneficial for Heart Disease?
For heart disease, one can always go for exercises that make fasten the heartbeat.
Exercises like Cardio, Weight Lifting and Aerobics are one of the best exercises for heart diseases. For those, who are looking for exercises for joint problems as well, swimming and walking are good options.
Some of the Best Exercises for Heart Diseases:
1. Cardio Exercises
The Cardio exercises fasten the heartbeat and also lower down the blood pressure level. Depending upon the prescription of the cardiologist, one can perform Cardio exercises like Walk, Jog, Jump rope, Bicycle, Skipping, Skate, Row, Dance, etc.
Aerobic exercise like biking, swimming, playing soccer and hiking uphill, can help in increasing heart rate, decreasing blood pressure and improving blood circulation. These may also be effective in lowering blood sugar.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every adult should get at least two hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity Aerobic exercises per week.
3. Strength training
Resistance training or Strength training is another way to lower the risk of heart diseases. Performing strength training twice a week will help in decreasing the bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol.
Ideally, strength training is combined with Aerobics in sets with 8-12 repetitions.
Some of the strength training exercises are lifting free weights, exercise with resistance bands, pushups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, crunches, etc.
Why Yoga? A promising way to prevent Heart Disease
- According to Cunningham, who has taught Yoga for 40 years, it can be used as a preventive measure for heart diseases.
- Yoga can help improve respiratory function, increase heart rate, boost circulation, lower blood pressure, increase lung capacity, and muscle tone.
- Yoga can also be beneficial for those who have faced Heart attack or Cardiac arrest. Most patients go through depression after Bypass surgery; Yoga also helps to get rid of depression and anxiety. It also helps in reducing emotional stress.
- Some of the effective Yoga Postures are Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana), Extended Triangle Pose (utthita trikona), Feathered Peacock Pose (pinca mayura), Handstand (adho mukha vrksasana), Hero Pose (veer-AHS-anna), Low Lunge, Supported Headstand (salamba alamba sirsa), and many more.
- Yoga and other exercises help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, one should always consult a trainer or doctor before doing these exercises. Also, these exercises should always be accompanied by a healthy diet, to really make these exercises effective. Eating a burger after a Yoga session is never going to be a good idea.