Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Suppressing your disease problems with large, harmful and raw chemical doses or external creams causes them to reappear them with more intensity, or can lead to several other problems involving internal organs like respiratory, digestive or cardiovascular.
These chemical drugs are not only causes several side-effects, but also, do not cure the problem from internal root, and just make them to suppress, which causes greater problems later.
Homoeopathy offers you side-effect free treatment and permanent cure to many diseases, which are thought to be untreatable or only manageable by taking life-long medication.
In homoeopathic mode of treatment medicines are not chosen just according to your disease only, but whole physical and mental constitution (make-up) is considered, and this type of selection causes permanent cure of the disease and the doses are so minute that there is no any side-effect, even to pregnant ladies.
Moreover, this type of treatment removes disease from its root instead of suppressing it.
I am overweight and have done so many things for weight loss but no luck. I have got thyroid test and it is normal. I now started avoiding rice completely and eating only Roti, but after a week I see increase in my tummy. What else can be done for weight reduction.
I have hair problem in mouth (Bread. Hairs are not growing properly. Somewhere growing very slowly and somewhere very fast. Can you please help me about THIS?
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash
A respiratory disorder, the inflammation of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air to and from your lungs is known as bronchitis. Allergic bronchitis is a disorder that develops, if you have severe allergies which result in a bronchial immune system reaction.
Allergic Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider who can differentiate the allergic form of bronchitis from the normal form of bronchitis by searching for other symptoms related to the allergy. Allergic bronchitis often occurs due to seasonal allergies, making it an acute condition. If you are suffering from lingering bronchitis issues caused due to allergies, an allergy test is recommended so that the doctor can accurately assess the condition.
The symptoms of allergic bronchitis are similar to the regular form bronchitis. Only difference is that the symptoms are triggered by allergies. Some of the symptoms are given below:
Cough which may form mucus
Body aches and breathlessness
Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
Fever with chills
Over the years, Ayurvedic practitioners have prepared and prescribed a number of remedies that can address the issue of allergic bronchitis.
Some of the Ayurvedic remedies are listed below:
Below listed remedies should be taken 3 times in a day for quick relief.
2 grams of Shringyadi Churna should be taken along with 100 mg of Kaphachintamani and Kaphaketu.
Talisadi churna should be mixed with honey and ginger juice.
2 grams of Sitopaladi Churna should be mixed with 200 mg of Praval Pisthi as well as 100 mg of Rasa Sindur.
Haridra khand (one spoon) should be taken along with a cup of warm milk.
Other natural remedies, according to Ayurveda include:
Haldi (turmeric powder) mixed with a glass of milk
Juice of Vasa
Tulsi (Basil leaves ground to make a juice)
Equal quantity of black pepper, dried ginger and long pepper (piper longum) mixed with honey
As our lifestyle and living habits change, we experience a lot of new phenomena and changes in our body systems. One of the biggest changes that we can actually see is the change in the digestive system and the regularity or the irregularity of our stools. When we eat healthy and lead an active lifestyle, we are more likely to have a better digestive system, whereas if we eat more junk or take meals at irregular timings and do not set a system for the body, we put it at great risk of diseases and health issues. One of the most common problems that a lot of people face is constipation.
While constipation in itself may be tackled without much problem, the real issue arises when it turns into something more troublesome such as piles. The issue of piles arises when the veins in the anal region start to swell because of a disturbed blood flow. The swollen regions and the lack of fibre in the stools combine to make the process of passing stools very uncomfortable, painful and it may also lead to the bleeding of the anus.
Treating the issue of piles:
Piles is a health problem that is mainly supported and aggravated because of wrong eating habits, sedentary lifestyle and excessive constipation. One of the most important things that you can do in the course of getting the problem under control is to start eating right. Eating foods with high fibre content and foods that speed up the digestive systems may go a long way in easing out the pain. It may also be important to keep liquid intake under check so that more and more liquid and other healthy drinks are consumed. Choosing to exercise regularly and indulging in workouts that help keep the intestines strong are the best alternatives.
Apart from things that you can do on your own, it may also be important to make sure that you take the right professional medical help. When you have the best help on your side you may be able to make sure that you get the issue treated within a short span of time without having to suffer greatly. However, it is also essential to make sure that the best type of treatment is chosen. In most cases, choosing Homeopathy for treatment may be your best bet. When you opt for homeopathy for piles, you may be able to treat the issue without having to use chemically charged and loaded antibiotics and it may be an easier route to a healthy living.
Why take homeopathic treatment?
The reason why homeopathy is most demanded in the case of piles is because of the fact that conventional medication may lead you to go through surgery for getting relief from the issue. Not only does a surgery increase the burden of increased finances, but also means that it is physically more straining. While homeopathy offers natural and chemical free medicines that treat the root cause of the disease.
Most of us may not be aware, but the knee is the largest joint in the human body and contributes the maximum to a person’s physical movement from one place to another. The knees play a significant role in a variety of movements including squatting, supporting the weight, running, kneeling, sitting, etc.
Whether it is a severe accident, osteoarthritis that set in with age, or other reasons, the result could be stiff, painful knees. The first line of treatment would be exercise, physiotherapy, and medications. However, if these do not work, then surgical treatment is the choice. Though usually it is reserved for people over the age of 50, there could be exceptions.
Given the number of functions it is involved in, when a serious procedure like knee replacement is being considered, the pain that the person would go through and the recovery time are two important parameters to address. It is best that the patient has a detailed discussion with the doctor and gets all doubts clarified. This will help both the patient and the doctor have realistic and practical expectations about what to expect after the surgery.
So, when pain and stiffness make knee replacement inevitable, prepare for it. The following sequence outlines what happens right from surgery to recovery.
Under general anesthesia, the damaged portion of the knee is removed, and a prosthesis (metal or plastic) is used to replace the removed portion.
Hospital stay can range from 3 to 5 days.
In about a month, the patient will have remarkable recovery, with almost no pain.
Though not advisable, most patients would be able to stand and do basic movement on the day of surgery.
Begin walking with the support of parallel bars and continue using cane/walker/crutches for the first few days to avoid overload on the knees.
With proper support, walking is possible in 3 to 5 days. Continue using a cane for the next few weeks to strengthen the knee.
Schedule a postoperative visit in the 4th to 6th week after surgery.
Draw up an exercise routine with your physiotherapist.
Ice pack can be applied to control swelling.
Driving should be possible, once you are off pain medications, as these can make you drowsy.
Blood clot in the surgical site causing a bruise will disappear in a couple of weeks.
Knee replacement is almost magical as in the long run (10 years postoperatively), there is a good 98% chances of success.
Having said this, it is important to remember each person responds differently to the procedure and therefore treatment/rehabilitation is completely personalized.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose fitting clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
I feel something in my throat and it strucking when swallowing mucous but food easily pass and it sounding while swallow mucus.
Hi. Dr.I've been diagnosed with itching that related with a psychosomatic. Stress.and my body really damaged by this terrible itchy. Please drs. Is there any cure. What should I do. .help me please.
What are the common symptoms of Magnesium deficiency? Are there any home remedies to combat the deficiency?
Hello Doctor my age 26 3 month se Jab subah uthata hu to stand hone par mere pure flat foot (Talwe) me bahot pain hota hai mostly center of ankle (Aedi) me. Pls suggests me homeopathy medicine. Thank you.
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections. Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
The first defense mechanism of the body is made up of the tonsils. They synthesize white blood cells which fight against infections. Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment. For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place. Chronic cases of this disorder warrant a surgery known as tonsillectomy. This is a surgical procedure to remove the tonsils. In case of dehydration, intravenous fluids are administered.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly
What are the Different Kinds of Arthritis and How to Treat Them?
Arthritis is a very common medical condition that affects a lot of adults as they age. It occurs due to inflammation of the joints, which can be caused by a number of factors such as aging, injury or infection. There are over a hundred different kinds of arthritis that cause various sorts of problems to those affected. However, this condition can be broadly classified into two major types, which include the following:
- Osteoarthritis- Also known as degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis is the most common kind of chronic condition to affect the joints. This occurs when the cartilage that surrounds the joint wears away and allows the ends of bones to rub against each other causing immense pain and is often accompanied by inflammation and swelling. The primary cause of osteoarthritis is aging, obesity and occurs mainly due to pressure on the joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- This is the most common type of arthritis that occurs due to joint inflammation. It is an autoimmune condition, which means that it is caused by a dysfunction of the immune system that leads to inflammation of the joints. Chronic inflammation causes joint deformities and even the development of rheumatoid nodules on the skin around the joint. Two-thirds of patients affected by rheumatoid arthritis are women.
Depending on the nature of the condition and the age and medical history of the patient, diagnosis, and treatment of arthritis varies. Although there is no permanent cure for arthritis, especially the type caused by aging, a number of remedies exist that provide relief from pain.
Some of the common methods of treatment for arthritis are:
- Medication- Some medicines provide relief from the pain of arthritis if it is not too severe. These include painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills, sprays, and ointments, etc. In case of high-intensity pain, codeine is often prescribed.
- Stem Cell Therapy or PRP Therapy- This method involves drawing platelets from the patient's own blood and injecting it into the inflamed parts of the joint in order to repair damaged muscles and alleviate pain. This treatment stimulates natural healing process of body and is free from side effects.
- Injections- A number of anti-inflammatory substances and lubricants can be injected into the affected joints to decrease pain. Ozone gas injections or hyaluronic acid injections are an example of this.
- Intramuscular Stimulation- Targeted treatment of tender points in muscle help to relieve muscle spasm associated with arthritis and also improves joint mobility and decreases pain.
- Surgery- In extreme cases, surgical procedures are resorted to for treating arthritis. However, successful surgery cannot always be guaranteed and it comes with its own set of risks.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body. Eczema can be cured if the persistent immunological disturbances get corrected by internal medications like homeopathy treatment, which is known for providing safe and effective treatment. The presence of red, inflamed and itchy skin can trigger psychosocial and emotional stress in the patients suffering from eczema and can become a dominant cause of severe discomfort.
Homeopathy treatment for eczema
In homeopathy, Eczema is considered as an external demonstration of an internal disease; it requires internal and deep cleansing to tackle the problem effectively. The treatment of eczema begins with the assessment of initial symptoms in order to identify the root causes of the disorder effectively.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets:
- Genetic components
- Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
- It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease
- In most of the cases its effects are long lasting
- It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
- Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
- Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
- Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
- Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.