Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Ayurvedas online in Amritsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narender Kumar Chawla
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Narender Kumar ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I came to know about Dr Chawla's treatment center from Internet. I went there for my treatment for Hair Loss. I got very satisfactory results. My hair loss was uncountable and later with his ayurvedic treatment hair fall came to normal. I also took treatment for my face. With his ayurvedic medicines and packs my blackheads and acne are gone and my skin texture is improved very much. Thanks to the team of doctors of Deevya Ayurveda & Panchkarma Center.
Itvwas a goid panchkarma treatment at the center by doctors for destressing
Itching improved and dandruff also
Hie sir I have been suffering from gerd . I am a student unable to concentrate on studies want to know about stratta my first endoscopy was slight inflammation of esophagus and very minor erosions in stomach and my latest endoscopy which is 3 months old was a grade a esophagitis .i am unable to sleep .I want to know a permanent solution for this .is stratta helpful for me and how much does it cost I am looking for a non invasive procedure.
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
1. Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
2. Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
3. Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘m’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘u’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
4. Patchy hair loss: None of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
5. Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
6. Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage.
In ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before basti therapy, abhyangam and sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga basti for is done for 8 days, karma basti for 1 day and kala basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of basti therapy:
- Uttar basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: in this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain. Bell's palsy: bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face. Painful menstruation: though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements.
Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by uttar basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
In males it is very effextive for treating sexual dysfunctions, prostate problems, urine incontinence and other problems.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism.
Melasma, commonly known as skin pigmentation, is a skin disorder, which causes brown and blotchy spots on your face. Everybody craves to have spotless and flawless skin. But usually no one does anything about it. Contrary to popular belief, having perfect skin is not really difficult. You need to religiously follow your skincare regime to keep it healthy and flawless. In case you are suffering from melasma or have skin pigmentation,
Here are a few tips which you can follow:
1. Apply raw potato on your face: Take a clean and fresh potato. Cut it into two halves and wet the exposed surface with a little water. Rub this on all the affected regions on the face and wash your face after 10 to 15 minutes with lukewarm water. Potatoes are extremely effective in removing pigmentation as they have an enzyme called catecholase, which can help to lighten darkened areas on the skin.
2. Use apple cider vinegar on your skin: Apple cider vinegar helps to restore the natural color of the skin. It also contains beta-carotene, which helps to treat the damage done to the skin by the atmosphere's free radicals. In fact, one of the famous qualities of apple cider vinegar is to make the skin supple and bright.
3. Apply aloe vera on your skin: Regular usage of aloe vera on the skin is one of the best and most effective remedies for skin pigmentation. Aloe vera can help clean the skin without harming the natural balance of the skin, as it has marvelous cleansing properties. It helps to reduce spots on your face, and also provides protection against the harmful uv rays of the sun.
4. A sandalwood pack can also work wonders: Sandalwood acts, both as a stimulant as well as a blood purifier. These two properties of sandalwood help it to treat skin pigmentation. Make a pack using sandalwood and rosewater and apply it to your face at least twice a day to get rid of the pigmentation. Sandalwood is also one of the major ingredients for a sunscreen as it can protect the skin from the harmful uv rays.
5. Keep an eye on what you eat: Your diet plays a very crucial part when it comes to the wellbeing of your skin. Make sure that you add a lot of green leafy vegetables and foods rich in vitamin a and c to maintain your healthy skin. Drink lots of water and eat a lot of fruits in order to keep your skin hydrated. This will also detoxify your body.
6. Reapply sunscreen every two hours to maintain uv protection: This is a must-have for anyone suffering from skin pigmentation. It works to improve the appearance of your pigmentation while providing you the protection of spf.
Follow the above tips and ensure yourself a spotlessly beautiful skin.
Did you know your earphones are making you deaf? Here's how.
Fact: roughly 1.1 billion people worldwide within the age group of 12-35 have been found to be at an increased risk of developing hearing problems.
Listening to loud music on handheld devices using earphones has become a common trend among youngsters these days. You might find it very relaxing to plug in your earphones and escape into your own world of music, but you need to know that this can cause serious damage to your ears. The worst part: you won't realise your ears are being damaged until it's too late.
So, exactly how is loud music damaging your ears?
Continuous exposure to loud music from earphones or other sources results in a medical condition known as a noise-induced hearing loss (nihl), which can be associated with irreversible damage to the ears resulting in deafness.
When you hear loud music for a considerable amount of time every day it affects your hair cells (nerve cells responsible for sending sound signals to the brain) negatively, so that their ability to respond to sound decreases. If this keeps on happening for many months, eventually the hair cells are damaged beyond repair. These cells cannot be regenerated, making you permanently deaf.
How loud is too loud?
If your ears are exposed to sounds at 95, 100, 105, 110 and 115 db (decibel, the unit used for measuring sound) for 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes each day respectively, your ears are at risk of getting severely damaged. Also, playing music at 120 db or above can damage your ears instantly. You can have a realistic idea about the relation between decibels and sounds you commonly hear by referring to this list:
30 db: soft whisper75 db: busy traffic90 db: noise of a motorcycle at 25 feet100 db: noise of a farm tractor140 db: jet plane taking off
Moreover, if you experience the following symptoms regularly, there's a high chance that you need to get your ears treated soon:
A ringing sound in your ears when you are at a quiet place, which vanishes after a few minutes you need to raise the volume of tv or music to the fullest to hear it properly you have difficulty in hearing people talking at a distance of just 3 feet
Tips for safer listening
Use earplugs: the louder the noise and the longer you're exposed to it, the greater the chance of damaging your hearing. Protect your ears with ear protectors earplugs or earmuffs and get away from the noise as quickly or as often as you can.
- Turn down the music: don't listen to your personal music player at very high volumes and never to drown out background noise. If the music is uncomfortable for you to listen to, or you can t hear external sounds when you ve got your headphones on, then it's too loud. It's also too loud if the person next to you can hear the music from your headphones.
- Use the 60: 60 rule: to enjoy music from your mp3 player safely, listen to your music at 60% of the maximum volume for no more than 60 minutes a day.
- Wear headphones: when listening to your personal music player, choose noise-cancelling headphones, or go retro with older muff-type headphones. Ear-bud style headphones and in-the-ear headphones are less effective at drowning out background noise.
- Turn down the dial: turn down the volume on your tv, radio or hi-fi a notch. Even a small reduction in volume can make a big difference to the risk of damage to your hearing.
- Use earplugs when you re listening to live music: they can reduce average sound levels by between 15 and 35 decibels. They're widely available at many live music venues and shouldn t spoil your enjoyment of the music.
- Don't put up with work noise: if you're experiencing noise at work, talk to your human resources (hr) department or your manager and ask for advice on reducing the noise and getting hearing protection.
- Wear ear protectors: wear ear protectors (earplugs or earmuffs) if you are using noisy equipment such as power drills, saws, sanders or lawn mowers.
- Be careful in the car: listening to music in a confined space increases the risk of hearing damage. Don t listen to music too loud for too long. Have a hearing detox: give your ears time to recover after they ve been exposed to loud noise. According to action on hearing loss, you need at least 16 hours of rest for your ears to recover after spending around two hours in 100db sound, for example in a club. Reducing this recovery time increases the risk of permanent deafness.
If you are suffering with such problem immediately take consultation with panchkarma experts as detoxification procedures may bring your hearing back.
For any query, you can talk with us.
Nasya is an ayurvedic term, a procedure followed for disorders related to migraine, throat, nose, ear, sinusitis and any other organ above the neck. Ayurveda purifies these organs and removes vitiated doshas through the nasal openings. The nasal treatment happens in the form of medicated powders, medicinal fumes, nasal oil or medicated juice.
Efficacy of the treatment:
This form of treatment is tailor made for disease related to ent and eye ailments. The treatment aims at getting the toxins removed from the neck and head region by administering oil through the nasal cavity. Other areas where nasya can be applied to get good results include psychiatry, dentistry, and neurology.
Types of nasya:
As per function, there are 3 different types of nasya brihmana nasya, virechana nasya and shamana nasya. As per quality, nasya can be divided into 2 categories i. E. Pratimarsha nasya and marsha nasya. Some other popular nasal therapy treatment includes the following:
Navana: when nasya is meant for shodhana or snehana, it is termed as navana. This is the most common type of navana and is used forhair fall, headaches and bells palsy tinnitus. Pradhamana: this is a procedure where dry powders get blown into the nostrils through a narrow pipe. It can also be inhaled. Diseases such as epilepsy, sudden unconsciousness and any other diseases related to the brain are treated through this method. Some other herbs that are used along with this method of treatment include vacha, vidanga, maricha etc. Avapeedana: in this form of nasys, juice extracts are injected into the nostrils. 4-6 drops of juice for each nostril are required. This treatment is ideal for patients suffering from poisoning, epilepsy, delirium, rhinitis etc. Dhooma: this form of nasya has 3 subtypes- virechanik, prayogik and snehaik. In dhooma, a patient is made to inhale medicated fume from both the mouth and nostrils for 3-4 times. The exhalation should only happen from the mouth.
Herbs used in nasya karma:
Some common herbs that is used for preparing any nasya preparation include apamarg, vidanga, hingu, tulasi, maricha and lahsuna. Some common oil preparation of nasya includes anu, narayana, marichyadi, shadbindu etc.
Benefits of nasya treatment:
There are numerous benefits of nasya treatment, some of the notables ones include:
- It develops and strengthens the shoulders, chest, skin, and neck. The sensory organs become much stronger after nasya therapy of 3-4 weeks. Any person witnessing grey hair can get rid of it with regular nasya treatment. Nasal medication also strengthens the visual site of a person.
- It also keeps the seasonal allergies at a bay.
- It increases immunity.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an our panchkarma experts.
Vata diseases. Dryness of the body. Constipation. Neuro muscular skeletal diseases. Preparation for detoxification therapy (vaman and virechana). Oleation (snehana) – internal is carried out as singular therapeutic measure for many diseases but in majority of the cases it is done as preparatory treatment for shodhana therapy (vaman and virechana) procedure
Oleation (snehana) – internal is carried out mainly with the help of medicated ghee selected accordingly to the disease dosha condition in gradually increasing doses after assessing the agni. At times combination of various other material like oil, ghee, vasa, majja or their combinations are used. There are two methods for internal oleation:
Acchha sneha. Where a sneha drug (ghee or other) is directly ingested without any addition except a pinch of saindhava. Vicharana sneha. In this case the sneha is mixed with some or other food eaten or it is taken by some other route than oral routediet
Before the oleation (snehana) – internal has to be taken on empty stomach if it is to be used for shodhana therapy. The patient should have taken his last food atleast 10 hrs prior to snehapan. After patient is advised to have only warm water after snehapan (normaly ghee). If other material is used for snehana then accordingly various soups are to be used. Patient is not supposed to have anything except hot water until he still has the smell of the ghee in his eructation. Food should be consumed only when patients feel hungry. Heavy, very spicy junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
Benefitsoleates the body. Moisturizes the entire body from within outside. Improves the elasticity of the body. Increases the mobility of the all the systems. Alleviates the vata. Reduces the pains, aches from the muscle adjoining skeletal system. Dislodges the toxins of the body helps in bringing to the gi tract.
The oleation (snehana) – internal should not be carried out without consultation. Should not be used in the patient with intolerance without testing. The doses has to be increased gradually.
Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system, and restoring balance and well-being. It is one the most effective healing modality in ayurvedic medicine. It promotes detoxification and rejuvenation. It is recommended on a seasonal basis, as well as when an individual feels out of balance or is experiencing illness.
- Panchakarma is a sanskrit word that means “five actions” or “five treatments”. This is a process used to clean the body of toxic materials left by disease and poor nutrition. Normally the body has the innate ability to efficiently process and remove these waste materials, including the vitiated doshas. However due to one’s repeated dietary indiscretions, poor exercise patterns, lifestyle, and genetic predisposition the digestive enzymes, metabolic co-factors, hormones, and agnis which regulate the body’s internal homeostasis become disorganized. This can lead to the accumulation and spread of toxins throughout the physiology resulting in disease. This waste matter is called ama in ayurveda. Ama is a foul-smelling, sticky, harmful substance that needs to be completely evacuated from the body.
- Panchakarma will remove the excess doshas and correct imbalances in them as well as eliminate the harmful ama out of your system through the body’s own organs and channels of elimination (colon, sweat glands, lungs, bladder, urinary tract, stomach, intestines, etc). Panchakarma purifies the tissues at a very deep level. It involves daily massages and oil baths, herbal enemas, nasal administrations. It is a very pleasurable experience. Ayurveda recommends panchakarma as a seasonal treatment for maintaining mental and physical hygiene and balance.
- Panchakarma is a five-fold therapy; it is highly individualized based on the needs of the individual depending on the ayurvedic constitutional type, doshic imbalances, age, digestive strength, immune status, and many other factors. Depending on each individual’s needs all or only parts of the five therapies are utilized. Specially trained therapists must administer these procedures in a definite sequence for a specified period of time. In addition, although panchakarma is for the most part a delightful and comfortable therapy, there can be periods of discomfort associated with the profound release of toxins, which does occur. It is therefore essential that a knowledgeable expert who can recognize the signs of properly and improperly administered panchakarma supervise the therapy. Fortunately these signs were meticulously recorded by the ancient vaidyas.
- The panchakarma means pancha and karma. Pancha means five and karma means therapy (treatment).
The five methods or panchakarma are the elimination of vitiated doshas from the body.
- Bastianuvasana vastiniroohavasti
Before doing this panchakarma procedures a physician has to consider the strength, age, sex, disease condition, constitution etc, of the patient.
The vitiated doshas will be eliminated from the body through the elementary tract. The power of digestion and metabolism is enhanced. Diseases are cured and health is restored. The sense faculties, mind, intelligence and complexion becomes clear. Gains strength. The individual will not be affected by old age and lives long healthily. Rejuvenates the body. Prevents diseases in the body. Increases power of immunity. Nourishes the body. Revitalises the nervous system.
Abhayangam or snehan means body massage. It can be done on full body or on the affected part. It is one of the pre-purification measures of detox therapy and in certain diseases it can work as main therapy. Oil is massaged into the skin through gentle to medium pressured strokes; that helps to eliminate body toxins and makes the superficial and deep skin tissues soft and supple. Snehana is done daily for three to seven days or more, as indicated by panchkarma physician.
Abhyangam is the application of warm, herb-infused oil to the entire body from head to toe. As the oil is applied to the skin using rhythmic motions and synchronized massage movements; it penetrates deep into the tissues to eliminate toxins at the cellular level. It prepares the body for shoddhan procedures like vaman (medicated emesis) and virechana (medicated purgation).
Post abhyangam: steam with herbal decoction is advised after this process so that the deep seated toxins get eliminated outof the body through sweating.
Patient is advised not to have a heavy meal before the therapy. He can consume liquid foods like hot milk or soup in moderation prior to procedure.
After therapy: patient is advised not to have anything for procedure. Heavy, spicy and junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
- Rejuvenates whole body
- Enhances blood circulation
- Beautifies and moisturizes the skin
- Tones muscles and increases tissue strength
- Enhances joint mobility
- Alleviates vata dosha
- Reduces the pains and aches in the muscles and the adjoining skeletal system
- Removes the toxins of the body
- For taking any advise regarding panchkarma you can contact our panchkarma experts.