Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Ambala and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Nagi (Sexologist)
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas Nagi (Sexologist)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Complete satisfaction,he has great knowledge,as I have visited earlier to many doctors in Punjab also ,Dr.nagi is best option for sex treatment
Dr.Nagi is very nice person ,his treatment is very easy to take with no side effects, 100%safe and satisfying.i personality recommended drnagi
Highly Recomended,Most experinced ,most Qualified,when you need ayurvedic treatment this is best place to visit. very goof experince
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vikas Nagi to be very helpful. Thanks doctor for your kind reply .
Most experinced ayurvedic doctor, top most recomendation,best consultancy,
One of the most common reasons of erectile dysfunction is obesity, which might sink your intimate life to a great extent. It is really crucial that you are in control of your weight and regain your libido.
One of the most common chronic conditions that men face is that of erectile dysfunction (ED). Statistically, over 18 million men above the age of 20 experience it to some degree. It is an inability to achieve or maintain erection required for desired sexual activity. Though there might be various reasons for it, there is a consistent connection between obesity and sexual dysfunction. It has been found that obese men are prone to ED 2.5 times more than those of normal weight. These symptoms of ED and various other health issues can be observed if you are just 30 pounds overweight!
- Obesity causes atherosclerosis, which is a cardiovascular condition. In this condition, cholesterol is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, thus restraining blood flow to the organs in the body including the penis.
- The testosterone level in obese men is low. Due to absence of this sexually-stimulating hormone, there is an inability to achieve erections as testosterone is needed to increase the level of nitric oxide in penile tissue, which acts as a blood vessel dilator.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction is considered as the first sign of a weak heart in men who are overweight.
- Men might experience a low libido, because of the reduced testosterone levels.
- They might experience a depressed mood and lowering in their levels of energy.
- They might experience a diminished sense of vitality.
It’s really crucial to shed that extra weight if you want to regain your sex life. It has been found by researchers at the Center for Obesity Management in Naples, Italy that one third of obese men have improved sexual activity after they lost weight.
- Lose weight. Check on how much you eat in a day. Aim at losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, which equals to losing around 500 to 1000 calories in a day.
- Look out for what you eat in a day. Avoid chips and dips, and become friends with greens and other raw vegetables as your snack. Stop eating the processed and red meats; replace them with fish instead. Switch to whole grains.
- Physical activity is the most important aspect when it comes to losing weight. Implement a successful weight-loss strategy. Take out some time by skipping a few episodes of your TV show, get up from the couch, and get active for around 30-45 minutes in a day. Repeat this 3-5 times in a week.
- Lastly, maintain these habits until you don’t shed those extra pounds that are a hindrance to your sex life.
Having a happy and satisfied love life is very important for any person. However, physical limitations such as erectile dysfunction can severely hamper that and cause you to lose out on physical pleasure. It may also cause strife in your marital life and be a cause for low self-esteem as well as social embarrassment. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of erectile dysfunction according to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction may be caused due to a variety of factors which include physical issues, lifestyle habits as well as psychological issues. Anything from injuries to defects within the spinal cord or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An abusive childhood or guilt associated with sex may also be responsible. In Ayurveda the study of sexual medicine is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this may thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How Ayurveda can help cure erectile dysfunction?
Ayurveda take a holistic approach rather than trying to cure the problems from one focused area. It tries to get the issues with ‘Shukra Dhatu’ resolved in your body so that erectile dysfunction can be cured. Some of the techniques applied in Ayurveda are mentioned below. The exact implementation as well as the combination of the methods chosen may change according to the causes in a specific case.
- Vajikarna therapy: This is a holistic cleansing process which aims to remove the faults within the body that are causing erectile dysfunction. It includes many processes such as controlled regurgitation to take out toxins from the body, special ayurvedic massages, a specially recommended diet, and various herbal concoctions that can rejuvenate your vitality and help you get rid of erectile dysfunction.
- Using specific drugs to correct erectile dysfunction: Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective in dealing with erectile dysfunctions, both in the form of specialized ayurvedic medication or if administered as home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Changes in lifestyle habits: Excessive drinking, smoking and consumption of junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as imbalances within the body. These may affect the heart, blood pressure or sugar levels in your body and lead to erectile dysfunction. Ayurveda would require you to cut down or quit certain lifestyle related habits which are causing ED. Herbs and other methods along with lifestyle changes will then help you to get your vitality back.
- Yoga and meditation: Exercise and movement would definitely help you in setting your body on the proper path. Yoga and meditation would thus, be an integral part of the treatment for erectile dysfunction. This would be required in order to correct the systems that have been upset within the body and allow you to have a fulfilling sexual life.
The acronym for 'Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome' is AIDS. In fact, it must be understood that AIDS is not a singular disease, but a syndrome, or rather a set of diseases. People suffering from AIDS suffer from an immensely compromised immune system that makes them vulnerable to a number of diseases. Once infected with HIV, it may take anywhere between 5-10 years to develop AIDS.
Some of the major symptoms of AIDS are:
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Skin irritation
- Drastic loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
- Bronchial ailments- which often lead to end stage tuberculosis of the lungs
- Diarrhea, gastritis and dysentery
- Prolonged fever
- Sleeplessness and others
How is AIDS treated by Ayurveda?
Tonics, also known as ‘Rasayanas’ in Ayurveda are administered for stimulating appetite and strengthening immunity. Once enough strength is regained, an elimination technique is administered by incorporating enemas, emesis and purgation in the treatment. This process is known as ‘Sodhana’ and is carried out to eliminate toxins from the body.
Next the patient’s blood is purified with appropriate herbal medications. Apart from this, AIDS patients are advised to perform regular exercise, yoga and pranayama.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sexual dysfunction is a disorder that is characterized by problems in your sexual life. It can cause you to lose interest and hence, not engage in any sexual activity. This disorder can affect people of all ages, however, the risk of sexual dysfunction increases with age. The usual symptoms of sexual dysfunction are low libido levels and erectile dysfunction.
Sexual Dysfunction in Women:
Dryness of the Vagina- Vaginal dryness occurs due to hormonal changes that occur in the body once menopause sets in. This leads to pain during sexual intercourse and impaired sexual arousal. Certain psychological issues such as anticipation or fear of painful sex and anxiety can also cause vaginal dryness.
Pain During Sex- Women may experience pain during sexual intercourse which may be caused by dryness in the vagina or endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues out of the uterus). Pain during sex can also be accompanied by a burning sensation in the genitals.
Orgasm Concerns- Certain antidepressant medications can lead to an inability to orgasm. It can also have psychological causes such as anxiety and depression.
Sexual Dysfunction in Men:
Erectile Dysfunction- This is characterized by an inability to get or maintain an erection long enough for unhindered sexual intercourse. This disorder is most likely caused by medical disorders such diabetes and hypertension. It can also be caused by stress and depression.
Ejaculation Problems- Ejaculation problems include both inability to ejaculate and premature ejaculation. Sexual trauma, certain medications and sexual anxiety contribute to this disorder.
Ayurvedic Remedies for ED
ED is treatable at any age. The total treatment in for impotence is called as “ Vajikarana therapy” in ayurveda. As this natural herbal erectile dysfunction remedy, increases the strength of a man to perform sexual act, like a horse, it is called 'Vaajikarana'. ( ' Vaaji'=Horse.)
Vaajikarana therapy or herbal treatment for erectile dysfunction leads to
Potency to produce healthy offspring.
Increased span of erection.
Eligibility for Vajikarana Therapy
The vajikarana therapy should be administered to persons who are between 18 to 70 years of age.
These therapies should be administered only to a self-controlled person. If this therapy is administered to a person who does not have self-control, he becomes nuisance to society through his illegitimate sex acts.
Numerous herbal preparations are mentioned in Ayurveda to treat ED or impotence. It has been said that people who have strong sexual urge, who want to enjoy sex regularly have to consume these preparations regularly to replenish the energy, vigor, stamina and strength. These preparations also supply the nutrients which are necessary for the production of semen.
Ayurveda Tips to Overcome ED
Consuming herbal preparations to rejuvenate the reproductive organs.
Massaging the body with herbal oil which gives a relief from physical exertion and also acts as aphrodisiac.
Practicing Yoga and Meditation to overcome mental exertion and to cope up with stress.
Sleep at least for 8 hours a day.
Avoiding the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, heroin etc.
Avoid hot, spicy and bitter foods.
Add little ghee in your diet.
Give a gap of four days between two consecutive intercourses
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The male reproductive organ, which is commonly referred to as 'ling' is often surrounded by a lot of fallacies and myths. Kuch log maante hain ki ling ka size teenage tak maximum bhad jata hai. Lekin unhe pata hona chahiye ki yeh completely galat hai. A small penis size can have a number of consequences. For example, it may lead to anxiety and stress because of poor body image and low self-confidence. The relationship of the man with the female counterpart may get affected due to conditions associated with small penis size, including premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
According to Ayurveda system of Medicine and Modern Medical Science, sahi medicines, lifestyle aur exercises ki help se 'ling' bada kiya jaa sakta hai. Moreover, Both herbal and allopathic remedies can help increase the length and girth of penis. This article explains some of the ways to increase penis size
Medicines and Supplements: There are several supplements available in the market that claim to help men with small penis. One such penis enlargement medicine is Xtra Large. Such supplements and medicines helps treat small penis size, premature ejaculation and soft erection. Another such medicine that comes in the form of capsules is 8 Inch Penis Enlargement Capsules. While allopathy helps treat the underlying conditions, there are several herbal remedies jo ling bada karne mein help kar sakte hain. For example, Orgy oil is a natural oil jo penis enlargement mein help karta hai. Orgy oil se ling ki massage karne se uski shape aur strength improve hote hain. It also helps those men who have a defective curvature of their organ. However, such medicines should never be taken without consulting a doctor.
Ayurvedic Remedies: Ling bada karne ke liye Ayurvedic ilaj sabse sahi tareeka hai kyunki iske body ko koi side effects face nahin karne padhte. For example, men with small penis size can boil kishmish and chuhare in water and consume it along with honey. Iske sath sath bhige huye badaam garam doodh k sath raat ko sone se pehle lene se bhi ling ka size bhadhta hai. In addition, raw onions, nariyal, anaar aur udad ki daal consume karne se bhi ling bada karne mein help milti hai.
Surgery and Exercises: Penis enlargement ka ek option surgery bhi hai. In such a surgery, muscles and tendons from other parts of the body are grafted on the base of the penis. However, it increases the penis size by only a margin and the risks associated with the procedure outweigh the benefits. Instead, aise mein ling bada karne ki exercises kar sakte hain. For example, kegel and jelqing exercises help strengthening erections, pelvic floor and the groin area. Isse sexual performance improve hoti hai, no matter what the actual size of the penis is. Herbal medicine plays a vital role to enlarge the penis size.
Therefore, consult a qualified sex specialist and discuss about the problem and go for the right and safe Ayurvedic treatment. With the right herbal treatment the erection is fully rectified and the size of penis is attained to its maximum enlargement.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vajikarana: Treatment of sexual dysfunctions based on Indian concept
Vajikarana or vrishya chikitsa is a one of eight major specialty of the ashtanga ayurveda. This subject is concerned with aphrodisiacs, virility and improving health of progeny. As per charak samhita, by proper use of these formulations, one becomes endowed with good physique, potency, strength, and complexion and sexually exhilarated and sexually potent. This in turn is helpful in many common sexual dysfunctions, including infertility, premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. The therapy is preceded by living in strict compliance with the directions mentioned in ayurvedic classics, various methods of body cleansing and other non-medicinal strategies like sexual health promoting conduct, behavior and diet. Certain individualized herbal and herbo-mineral combinations are administered as per the nature of a person according to the ayurveda.
Ayurveda (pronounced i-yer-vay-da) is a rich and holistic nature based medical system designed to prevent disease, promote health, and unlock the potential for living beings to thrive. It is the oldest surviving medical system in the world, dating back over 5, 000 years to ancient india. “ayurveda” is derived from the sanskrit words “ayus” (life) and “ved” (wisdom). Ayurvedic medicine is a complete system because is rooted in all 4 dimensions of health: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. One of the main premises of ayurveda is that each person has a unique constitution of doshas, or elemental vital bioenergies, known as vata (air and space), pitta (fire and water), and kapha (earth and water). By assessing a person’s unique combination of these elements, we can help determine their individual physical and mental characteristics and detect imbalances that may be contributing to disease. Using this information, we can customize a plan to optimize the patient's health and well being so they can reach their highest potential. The sister science to yoga, ayurveda teaches us how to live in balance with nature, and learn how to be at peace with ourselves so we can then reflect that happiness and abundance to those around us.
Click here to receive free recipes, seasonal recommendations, home remedies and more!
-the 3 doshas- vata, pitta and kapha
Have you ever wondered why each person is so unique?
- Some people just look at a slice of cake and gain a pound while others can eat mountains of food and stay as thin as a rail. Why do some people have excessive anxiety and fear while others trend towards anger and irritability? ayurveda answers these questions with the concept of the three doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha. The doshas are biological energies that control all of the functions in the body and have a powerful effect on the mind. They are comprised of the five basic elements and their individual properties. Vata is composed of air and space, pitta of fire and water, and kapha of earth and water.
- Ayurveda is based on the premise that we are all born with a unique constitution comprised of these five elements, and that constitution will remain the same throughout our entire lives. Although our basic constitution does not change, the three doshas are in a constant state of flux. For example, a person living a chaotic lifestyle who is constantly on the move, eating too much cold, dry and raw food, drinking coffee and not sleeping enough will eventually experience an increase in vata dosha (air and space). If this intensive diet and lifestyle is maintained for some time, the person will eventually develop certain symptoms that are associated with an excess of air and space in the body. In the beginning, symptoms may be mild such as constipation, anxiety or pain in the body. However, if the imbalance is not addressed by altering the diet and lifestyle to bring the body back to a state of equilibrium, more advanced excess-vata-related diseases may occur such as osteoporosis or parkinson's disease.
- The best way to keep your body properly nourished and balanced is to know your basic constitution, and your current imbalances so you can eat, drink, sleep and exercise to best suit your needs. There are tests and quizzes available online that can help to give you a basic idea of any current imbalances. However, in order to get a true assessment, it is best to make an appointment with a well trained ayurvedic practitioner because there are many factors in the diagnostic process that a computerized test cannot determine.
What do you do when you start to feel that scratchy throat and stuffy nose? everyone has their own cold prevention remedies and recipes, but in my humble opinion, green mung bean soup is the winner!
- First thing first, it's incredibly delicious! it may look a little funny if you aren't used to it. But it tastes amazing. The caramelized onions and garlic and cumin seeds give it a rustic and comforting and appetizing aroma and the mung beans have a very pleasant creamy texture.
- Not only does it taste like heaven, each ingredient is incredibly healing. When I was healing from ulcerative colitis, green mung bean soup was one of my staples because each ingredient is so medicinal. Now I just cook it when I want something that I know will digest well, or if I would like to do a little cleansing. If I feel like I am getting sick, I just make a pot of green mung soup and eat it throughout the day. Works like a charm!
- The key is that it's warming and nourishing, but not too heating and also light and easy to digest which makes it ideal for people who have compromised immunity. The green mung beans are high in protein, but they are very light and also have a mild scraping action to help pull out impurities from the body. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and helps to purify the blood. Cumin seeds, mustard seeds, garlic and onion all help to stoke your digestive fire.
- The best part about this soup is that you can keep all of the ingredients on hand at all times so you don't have to make a special trip to the store if you feel like you are getting sick. You even add any vegetables that are in your fridge and make it even more delicious. I like adding greens and carrots to mine, but you can add any kind of vegetable that suits your fancy!
- 1 cup whole green mung beans (must soak at least 5 hours)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp ghee11/2 tsp ginger - chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic - chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 small pinch of hing (asafoetida- available for purchase at the indian store) 1 tsp himalayan pink rock salt or to taste (available at trader joes or whole foods)
1. Soak the mung beans overnight in water.
2. Finely chop ginger and garlic.
3. Drain the mung beans, rinse them and put them in pot with 3 1/2 cups of water.
4. Add salt and turmeric and bring to a boil.
5. Cook mung beans fully stirring occasionally. (they are not fully cooked until they are breaking apart. Will take approx. 45 min unless you use a pressure cooker in which case it will only take about 20 minutes)
6. Heat ghee in a separate pan. Add hing, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Wait until you hear the cumin seeds pop. Then add garlic and ginger and let simmer for a few minutes until garlic becomes golden brown.
7. Add ghee mixture to cooked mung beans and stir.
8. You can add greens like kale or spinach to this for some added texture. If you want to add other harder veggies like carrots or potatoes, add them after the mung beans have been cooking for 10 minutes, always add greens at the very end.