Doctors in Arogyadham Ayurveda Treatment Centre
Patient Review Highlights
Arogyadham Ayurveda Treatment Centre Reviews
Arogyadham Ayurveda Treatment Centre Feeds
Premature ejaculation or early ejaculation is the expelling of semen with minimum sexual stimulation, almost immediately after (or sometimes before) sexual penetration. This is a common sexual problem for men below the age of 45 in addition to erectile dysfunction. Premature ejaculation can be a result of several physical and psychological factors. If the root cause is not serious, the problem can be solved by a few simple techniques, such as:
1. Breathing exercises
Relaxation techniques like breathing exercises and meditative practices can help you to concentrate. It also moderates the tension and stress levels which are directly related to arousal. Avoid short and rapid breaths as they can put undue pressure on the heart and increase the pulse rate. This often results in early ejaculation. On the other hand, if you take deep breaths and practice holding them in for three to five seconds, you can also use the technique during arousal.
2. Kegel exercises
Kegel exercises can help both men and women with their sexual problems. In men, these help to strengthen the pubococcygeus muscle by repeated contraction and relaxation. The pubococcygeus muscle helps to control urination too. If you use the same technique when you are close to an orgasm, you can delay your ejaculation.
3. Squeeze technique
This technique is used to reduce excessive and rapid rate of arousal. When you are close to orgasm, you can squeeze the base of the penis to curb the erection somewhat so that it can build up again. This will automatically delay ejaculation. It is a good idea to practice this technique on your own first and then try it with your partner.
4. Stop and start exercise
This exercise was perfected by the Masters and Johnson team of sexual research. This technique is also to be practiced individually for the first few times. You can masturbate alone and stop just before reaching the climax. You can practice this again and again by bringing yourself closer to ejaculation every time until the point you cannot control or regulate the process any more. This will help you to know the limit till which you can stop and regulate the ejaculation process. You can then use this technique during sexual activity with your partner.
5. Reduce stress
The stress hormones in your body prevent the secretion of testosterone which is responsible for your sex drive. Alcohol, tobacco or nicotine and other illegal drugs used to combat stress can also have an adverse effect on your sexual arousal and cause premature ejaculation.
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
* Kutajarishtha: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
* Pushyaguna Choorna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
* Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
* Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
* Bilavadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
* Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
1. Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey
Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
2. Cumin seeds
You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
3. Mulethi (liquorice) and honey
You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
4. White pumpkin juice
Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
A surgical procedure in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
1. Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
2. Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus wherein it enters the vaginal canal
3. Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
4. Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
6. Development of a condition in which the uterus thickens known as adenomyosis; and
7. Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post-surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keeping fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi.
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies is related to the risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths. As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
1. Be aware
Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
2. Enjoy foreplay
Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
3. Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions
4. Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
1. Don't go for multiple partners
Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
2. Don't Use sex toys
Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
3. Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers
Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
4. Don't Keep yourself ahead of her
It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not negatively affect her mental health.
5 Do not mix drugs with intimacy
Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the results of substance use during pregnancy.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and several other lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the dosha that creates an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange-brown hue.
Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical properties. This makes it ideal for patients who are suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and envelope your senses for better calm. The fragrant properties of ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to bring down the pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense work out. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other joint and muscle related ailments. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar levels. It shows a reduction on the markers for oxidised lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to relive the severe pain of menstrual cramps for women. Ginger can be used to season food like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day.
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women though they occur due to different circumstances. While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm. Few of them are-
1.Effect on genitals
Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
2. Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing
This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sexes experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
3.Release of hormones
During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocine in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However in males another hormone called the testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
4.Effects on brain
During orgasm, the brains of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights is activated in women. At the same time women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
5. Stimulation of nerve endings
During orgasm millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal.
Many people are scared of having sex either because of the pain or simply because of the after effects of having unprotected sexual intercourse. Keeping yourself away from sexual intercourse and hiding all your emotions and excitement may result in psychological imbalances.
First time is always special. Instead of trying complicated sex positions which might ruin your experience, go for these 4 simple sex styles to ensure a beautiful time spent with your partner.
- Doggy Style- It is a position in which the woman bends on her elbows keeping her legs tightly closed. The man is at the back of her making it comfortable having anal sex. With this position, you can also have vaginal sex with your partner.
- Magic Bullet- It is a position in which the woman lies on the bed with legs up in the air. The man holds her legs and kneels down behind her. This is one of the easier styles for first timers.
- Reverse cowgirl- It is a sort of cross between doggy style and classic women-on-top position. This is a position in which the man lies flat on the bed and the woman is on the top of the man with her back facing the man. She leans forward while the man penetrates into her vagina or the anus, from behind.
- 69- It is a position in which the couple align themselves in such a way that their mouths are near to the other's genitals. This particular position allows for great oral sex. Sexual stimulations are high in this position but sometimes it can distract people whose focus is just on their own pleasure. This position is best fitted for partners having similar heights.
So, get rid of all the shyness and give all your emotions and excitement a direction. Give it a chance and take your relation to a higher level, making it stronger.
Vaginitis also known as vaginal infection or vulvovaginitis, is a situation in which the vagina gets sore and irritated. It is a common occurrence in female. Though it is not a very serious disorder yet it can be a cause of severe discomfort and irritation. Common side effects that are prevalent in the case of vaginitis include either abnormal discharge or vulvovaginal irritation, or both. The discharge may also tend to have anun pleasant odor. In ayurveda, vaginitis is often seen as an amalgamation of yoni daha and yoni kandu, the two different disorders that affects vagina.
The most common causes of vaginitis include:
* Consumption of Anti-microbial
* Deficiency of estrogen
* Skin irritants like perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays
* Sexual activity, etc.
Diabetes, usage of steroids or tight clothing is also among some of the causes of vaginitis.
Ayurveda aims to treat vaginitis naturally, by using precise combinations of certain herbs in addition to a paste for local application.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be used to treat vaginitis:
To relieve the burning sensation: Add water to triphala herb powder; mix the ingredients. Wash your vagina with this solution to lessen the burning sensation.
To eliminate toxins from the body: Make a beverage of dried cartilaginous tube herb in boiling water and consume it. The herb is known to aid the body in eliminating harmful toxins.
To cure infection:Margosa also known as neem is an effective natural remedy for curing inflammation. It destroys microorganisms effectively. You can use neem powder to cure the infected area.
To combat the growth of harmful bacterium:Citrus juices are known to aid the canal to regain its acidity and prevent them ultiplication of unhealthy bacterium
To avoid infection: Yogurt is one amongst the foremost common home remedies for duct infection. If you apply yogurt on the inflamed areas and additionally eat a bowl of yoghourt on a regular basis your infections will disappear.
To reduce swelling and redness: soak a clean cloth in cool water and place it on the inflamed space. The cool sensation will compress the blood vessels and reduce the burning sensation, redness, swelling and irritation.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is being gradually (albeit heavily) dismantled, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to share explicitly divided opinions despite everything even till this day.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month' is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time. However, this remains challenged by the many upshots as enlisted below:
- Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviate the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
- Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time than if they hadn't had any intercourse. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to happen.
- No need for lubes
Your flow acts as an active and better lubrication during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubrications during the time of the month.
- Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
'If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.