Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmednagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aanchal AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/ mam, actually am facing periods problem. I am having hypo thyroid and pcod problem as well. Please suggest med wat to do in this condition. I got my last period on 2nd may and I had bleeding fr only one day still am feeling the same stomach and back pain.
Many times you must have met a child, with symptoms of discomfort after consuming dairy. Sometimes, these signs are seen within a year of birth or at adolescence. But do you know that Lactose Intolerance and Milk Allergy are two different types of conditions with the similar symptoms that one may be suffering from? Let’s know more
– Lactose intolerance
– Milk allergy
|LACTOSE INTOLERANCE||MILK ALLERGY|
|Involves enzymatic disorder.||Results due to impaired immune system.|
|The component responsible for discomfort is “MILK SUGAR- LACTOSE.”||The milk portion responsible is “MILK PROTEIN – CASEIN”.
|The gut lacks enzyme- LACTASE, for digesting lactose.||Body’s immune system treats CASEIN as a foreign element and starts working against it.|
|The undigested lactose results in the production of gases, & thus, the symptoms.||In response to CASEIN intake, the immune system starts producing HISTAMINE, & thus, the symptoms.|
|Can occur at any age.||Mostly encountered, within first 3 years of age.|
|One can tolerate dairy products to a certain quantity.||The body cannot accept even traces of milk proteins, in any form.|
|Could not be fatal.||Is fatal as can produce life-threatening reactions such as anaphylaxis.|
|SYMPTOMS include- Nausea, bloating, loose stools, watery diarrhea or gas.||SYMPTOMS include- Rashes, stomach upset, vomiting & diarrhea.|
As one has to be restricted or taken off from dairy, this two micro-nutrients CALCIUM & VITAMIN D, must be provided from non – dairy or supplemental sources.
Although unlike milk allergy, a person with lactose tolerance can have a limited quantity of milk or products, depending upon body’s capacity, but adequate amounts of non–dairy rich stuff has to be incorporated in both cases to meet the demands. Few examples are:
- Bone broth
- Fish with bones, oysters
- Dark green veggies low in oxalic acid like kale, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Figs, banana, apple.
- Almond or soy milk.
- Sesame seeds.
- Egg yolks.
- Fortified juices.
So, having Lactose Intolerance Or Milk Allergy is not end of the road for those who are suffering because of either of these. There are several options in diet & nutrition available to make up for the nutrients which one has to miss because of being allergic to them.
Chlamydia is one of the more common STDs among both the genders. It spreads through physical intimate contact; it can develop irrespective of one’s age, however, is most commonly observed among young women. In women, the symptoms include yellow or green colored odorous vaginal discharge, painful urination and a burning sensation or itching around the vagina, lower abdominal ache, painful menstruation or bleeding during sexual intercourse. Now if the infection reaches up to the fallopian tubes, it causes a disease known as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). In case of unprotected oral sex, the bacteria causing this disorder, ‘Chlamydia Trachomatis’ might infect the throat as well.
Reasons Behind Chlamydia in Women:
Being a sexually transmitted disease, Chlamydia gets passed on from one person to another through unprotected sex or through the contact with the genitals of an infected person.
In some cases, infants are likely to inherit the disease from their mothers during birth, if she is already affected with it. Hence pre-natal checkups are essential for detection.
Although very rare, this infection can affect the eyes as well via oral or genital contact.
How To Treat Chlamydia?
The infection can be resolved within a couple of weeks with the use of antibiotics. Once it is diagnosed, the treatment course should start immediately. The widely used antibiotics for curing chlamydia are azithromycin and doxycycline. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant or suffering from any allergy, your doctor might prescribe erythromycin or amoxicillin. For severe complications, a longer course is administered. The treatment may induce mild side-effects in the form of vaginal thrush, sickness, diarrhea and tummy pain.
Try and avoid any sort of sexual activity (intercourse or other activities) till the treatment is completely done and none of you show any other sign of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dear Doctor, Kindly list out the symptoms of pregnancy when on Duphaston 10 mg twice a day. I ovulated on cd 21 and started the tablet on cd 19 night. I also took a HCG injection as I have PCOS. I am due for my periods on 2nd march. I am confused if I have to continue the tablet or stop. If I have to continue how long should I and when can I take a pregnancy test. I am spotting light pink yesterday and today which is lite. Not sure if it is periods or IB.
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.