Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwamohan ThakurYour feedback matters!
I am feeling that Dr.Thakur is more a friend than a doctor during my treatment of mental disorder Somatization. I was suffering from Somatization from last 18 years. Before starting Dr. Thakur treatment, I have done many medical investigations for diagnosis of any disease. The first most important part of any treatment is right diagnosis of disease or disorder & that was done by Dr. Thakur. I started his treatment for Somatization before 07 years & still continue. My condition was very critical when I started his treatment, however my health is improving day by day after every visit with him by combination of best counseling & best medicine. After that I suggested him to many of my friends & family members for their psychiatric problems & all are benefitted from his treatment. I strongly recommend him as a best doctor for all your mental disorders. Sachin Patel, M-09998007974.
Dr. Vishwamohaji ....what can I say ...speechless ...saying about your deeds for my family n me can't be described in words for me your name says everything Vishwa(world)Mohan (one of name of lord krishna) you truly arrived in our lives as god at the toughest time we were going thru ...when we met for the first time (in 2002) till today I never felt I am with a doctor. You made me feel at home with my uncle in your company till today and I msure for my entire life. I am blessed to have you as a uncle in my life whom I met as a doctor but since I met I found a great great doctor in my uncle who really healed all my uncle's wounds so softly as nothing happened to him and same with my mother in 2013 ....thanks would be very small for this deeds of yours .....respectfully yours Malay Jc & fa OK exmily
Dr. Vishwamohan Thakur brought me out of clinical depression. He was not at all patronizing or adamant. When I went to him with my wife for the first time I was a nervous wreck. Nothing interested me and a dark bottomless abyss was all that I confronted during my waking hours. It was Dr. Thakur who helped me come out of this terrible situation by proper medication and apt counseling. I wish him well. Kanaiya Varde
we have been in contact with Dr Thakur since last 5 years. We have found him to be extremely good psychiatrist, He give lot of time to his patients to understand the problems faced and to find right solution. He is also very good in counselling. We feel he is one of the best in this profession.
As a doctor you are an extraordinary human being. Thanks for showing so much care and concern as well as for your effective analysis and diagnosis.
Dr. Meena Mehta
he is the best psychiatrist and psychotherapist in India. he always use new psychotherapy model with clients.
I am 25 years old male. Earlier I used opium but on 30th march 16, I leave it. Now I am using tapentadol hydro chloride capsule as a pain killer. But when we don't use it, my condition goes very pathetic even I can't stand without this medicine. Due to above reason I always have depression. I just want to know how can I leave this medicine.
I am 26 year old male. I have been smoking for last 8 years. For the past few months I am experiencing severe cough which doesn't go away. Is this caused due to my smoking habit or something else? Should I be worried?
Hello, I am 28 years old, I wish to ask that I consume alcohol daily, don't know exactly the period, may be from last 5 years. The amount of alcohol that I consume these days is more than 200 ml which is more than a quarter (180 ml) some times it exceeds to 300-400 ml too. Please tell me the detailed effects of it. And also how long a person can live with this alcoholic lifestyle
How can be the distress and tiredness can be get rid of. Severe headache and body pains are due to this or anything else?
I am man. I am in love with a one girl but. Girls is not share time in me. So I am mentally disorder any time. And missing in any work and others and night 2-3 am not sleeping.
I can't concentrate on one thing like in class when teacher teaches my mind always somewhere else and when I try to concentrate my head start paining. I think my thinking power is less please suggest me some good ways to overcome it!
I have a complaints of Depression associated with complaints of alopecia (Baldness of mid scalp region. I work in Hospital. I am working 8 hrs duty in the hospital. I work not properly in the hospital I see proper examination of patient in the hospital. Their consultant Dr. has proper watching to me how I am work in the hospital as a R. M. O. But I am not doing some procedures in the hospital example Arterial Blood Gas study ,Endotracheal intubation, Central line insertion etc. Due to these reasons I went to psychiatrist Dr., He gives antidepressant medicines for me and I took this antidepressant medicines since 1 year Tab. Zosert 10 mg 0 - 0 - 1 Tab. Arpizol 5 mg 0 - 0 - 1 Tab. Ciplar 10 mg 1 - 0 - 1 along with I took antihypertensive medicine Tab. Amlovas 5 mg 0 - 0 - 1 since 1 month and 8 days. I am very anxious person about life. So Doctor which will be the selected medicines for me, that medicines may I help and I will be do these above procedures easily? Doctor reply immediately about this query?
Everyone gets worried and anxious now and then. However, for some people, anxiety is a constant companion, which is not at all normal. Anxiety disorders can interfere with your day to day life and should be treated as a mental illness. Anxiety disorders can be treated as long as they are diagnosed early enough.
There are many types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Panic disorders: Frequent panic attacks that make a person sweat excessively, have palpitations and feel as though they were choking are characteristic signs of panic disorders. People suffering from this disorder may equate their experience to that of having a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder: This is also known as social phobia. Patients suffering from this disorder are extremely self-conscious in social situations and constantly worry about how they are perceived by others. This makes them seem very quiet and introverted.
- Generalised anxiety disorder: Some people can have anxiety attacks even without a trigger factor. In such cases, they are said to be suffering from generalised anxiety disorder. This condition is marked by unrealistic worries and tensions.
- Phobias: Phobias of fear of specific situations or objects are another common type of anxiety disorder. Depending on the severity of the phobia, it can affect the daily lifestyle of a person. For example, a person with a fear of heights may not be able to go to work if his office is on the 10th floor of a building.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of anxiety disorders are:
- Panic attacks
- Sweaty palms or feet
- Shortness of breath
Though the exact cause of anxiety is not known, exposure to stress and surroundings of a person play an important role in triggering this condition. Chronic stress can reprogram nerve connections that regulate emotional responses in the brain. Anxiety disorders may also be passed on from parent to child genetically.
- Anxiety disorders cannot be prevented, but they can be treated and managed through medication and psychotherapy. The exact course of treatment depends on the type of anxiety disorder being treated.
- Antidepressants, anticonvulsant medication and antipsychotics are often used to reduce the symptoms of anxiety disorders. Using a combination of psychotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy, the patient may be taught how to recognise thought patterns and triggers that cause anxiety and how to deal with them.
- Meditation and other forms of relaxation therapy can also help calm a person down during an anxiety attack. Further, making a few lifestyle changes that limit exposure to stress can help manage anxiety resulting from it.