Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar KapadiaYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 2 months old from her stool test it's found reducing sugar level is 2 mg and mucus is positive. During the time of birth her weight was 4.8 kg but right now her weight is 4.7 kg. My question is whether reducing sugar level is bad for health. Is it long term or short term? Should it be harmful for her development?
My daughter 1.5 year having vomiting after feeding milk. Also mother having pregnancy now. Is that reason baby having wamiting? please let me know what to do ?
My daughter is 12 years old. She is an achondroplasia child having ARRESTED hydrocephalus from almost 5 years. She is suffering from stomach ache and vomiting from last 20 days and severe head reeling from last 7 days. On admitting at the nursing home on 8th jan, she was given with antibiotics, anti vomiting, antacid and mannitol. The doctors there were expecting it to be increased pressure ICT and asked for VP shunt or consulting neurosurgeon. On consulting to a senior neurosurgeon, he examined the eye movement, hand movement, touching nose, leg touching movements and rejected vp shunt procedure as it is an attested case of hydrocarbons as per comparison of 4 CT scan reports over last 5 years. Presently she is having severe and continued head reeling and occasional vomiting. Need proper guidance as shunt or etv is not a permanent solution.
My 1year old son is havig some swelling on his navel (umbilical. Is there anything about to worry or it is usual around these age?
Hello Doctor, My son completed 5 months and entered into 6 th month 1st week. He always keeps his head towards left side and holds bit crossed towards left. Is that normal or do we need to do get him checked? If so. Should we consultant paediatrician or orthopaedic? Please suggest?
My child is 4 year and 10 month old. I take proper oral care of him, still he has bad odour in his mouth, especially after he wakes up in the morn and in the afternoon. Can I use listerine mouth wash? please suggest.
My 1-month old baby seems to have hydrocele. What are your suggestions that I should follow to not let him go through in future.
My 4.3 years old son (weight 23 kg) has nasal irritation. He is snoring loudly while sleeping, complaining of blocked nose all the time, since three days now. He also has slight cough. When he blows his nose, little white mucus comes out but mostly there is no mucus. The doctor said his chest is clear, but he has some nasal irritation. He is taking beyumont lc kid 2.5 ml, maxtra, nasivion. But still not better. What to do, We also got him nebulised once with levolin and budecort but it did not do anything.
Respected Sir my child has a 3 year old and his skin of penis is not properly up and down. What can I do?
My child age is approx 11 month age now, and he has missed his Rotavirus vaccine, can it be taken now or no issue. Or what measure can be taken for it.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.