Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Pandya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini PandyaYour feedback matters!
It was great. She was very kind and gave very right suggestions.
I am 56 old male and have diabetic for the 3 years now my blood sugar random 131 gm hba1c test glycosylated hb 8.99% glucose level 213 mgm over the past 90 days.
Sir/medam. Meri mummy ka sugar level bahut high he aur unke sabse badi weakness he ki wo parhej nhi krti .to is karan mene dhyan dena chod diya tha per ab tabiyat karab hui to mene dubara checkup karaya. Aur usme fasting 329 and pp 370 he please Kuch help kren.
My father recently tested sugar and it is 290 in fasting. We consulted a doctor today and he advised to take insulin with power 20 morning and 16 night. My parents are very worried and I have never seen my father so weak before. I am trying hard to make the situation light by smiling and sharing many website notes where it is mentioned that it is curable and nothing to worry. They feel a bit relieved but still something is killing them inside. I am keeping myself strong by saying positive things to them but the truth is I am scared inside. Please suggest me what is the best possible treatment for this disease so that I can see my papa jumping and smiling. I know he is very strong but I also know that he is very worried. Can this be curable? I love them a lot please give me some power so that I can make them much strong and my father can get out of this disease completely.
I am 58 yrs old now I check the diabities level on fasting (116) & after breakfast & medicine it should be 219 kindly tell the remedies to control this my wt is 100 kg.
I am suffering from joint pain in knees and foot fingers. Some time in upper back. All the pain due to uric acid. Uric acid is always above 9. From last 2 year. Could you help me to get the uric acid out of my joints.
I have prediabetes I. E. Fasting blood sugar 112 mg/dl, can you please suggest me homeopathy medicine. Thanks.
I am a 51 years old and a diabetic with obesity, can I take honey with lemon juice in empty stomach to reduce my obesity, I am specifically asking honey coz it is sweet.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out the excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
The main feature of nephrotic syndrome is that the kidneys leak a lot of protein. Normally, urine contains virtually no protein. In nephrotic syndrome the urine contains large amounts of protein. What happens is that filters in the kidneys (the glomeruli) become 'leaky' and protein, instead of remaining in the blood, leaks out into the urine. Protein in the urine is called proteinuria.
The other key features of nephrotic syndrome are:
- A low level of protein in the blood as a result of protein loss in the urine. Although there is a drop in many of the proteins normally found in the bloodstream, the main protein that leaks from the blood into the urine is called albumin. A low blood level of albumin is main feature of nephrotic syndrome.
- Fluid retention (oedema). This is a consequence of the low level of albumin in the bloodstream, and other complex factors not fully understood.
- A high blood level of cholesterol and other fats (lipids). This is due to the change in the balance of various protein levels in the blood due to the protein leakage.
- Normal kidney function, at least initially. This means that the 'waste clearing' function of the kidneys is not affected - at least not at first. However, some of the conditions that cause nephrotic syndrome can progress to cause chronic kidney disease.
- Other typical symptoms and signs of nephrotic syndrome are discussed later.
Common causes behind it
Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys.. Most common cause almost 90% of children have this entity. No body knows why the Minimal change disease nephrotic syndrome occurs. Other reasons for nephrotic syndrome are infections, autoimmunity mediated and few medications.
Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is the name given to a collection of kidney-related findings in your child’s body. These include:
- proteinuria—high levels of protein in the urine (based on your child’s age and size)
- hypoalbuminemia—low levels of protein in your child’s blood, since it’s being passed out of his body in his urine
- edema—swelling. This happens because the proteins in your child’s blood act as a sponge to keep fluid in the blood. With fewer proteins to do this, the fluid may leak out of the blood into your child’s tissues, causing them to swell, especially around the stomach area.
- high cholesterol (blood fat) levels—low levels of protein in the blood stimulate the body to overproduce certain kinds of blood fats
- While nephrotic syndrome is not a disease, it can be the first sign of disease that can damage the kidney's tiny blood-filtering unit (glomeruli) where urine is made.
Here’s what you need to know about nephrotic syndrome:
- In the vast majority of children, NS is idiopathic, meaning that doctors don’t yet know what causes it.
- Nephrotic syndrome always affects both kidneys.
- It usually appears between the toddler and elementary school years, although it may appear later.
- There are thought to be two forms of nephrotic syndrome, minimal change disease (MCD) and focal sclerosis (FSGS).
- MCD is much more common in children, and likely to respond to therapy.
- FSGS is a more aggressive disease, and may lead to kidney damage.
- Most children with NS outgrow it by young adulthood.
Pediatric Nephrotic syndrome is mainly treated by high dose steroids. So we classify Nephrotic syndrome as Steroid sensitive Nephrotic syndrome and Steroid Resistant Nephrotic syndrome. As long as the Nephrotic syndrome is steroid sensitive, kidneys usually do not fail and eventually the child recovers. Other aspect of management of Nephrotic syndrome in kids is, that is a relapsing and remitting disease in more than 2/3 of patients, so parents must be making a Nephrotic diary as suggested by the doctor so that the relapse of disease is picked before the swelling appears. Target of Nephrotic syndrome treatment is to make the child grow normally and using steroid sparing agents in kids with frequent relapses and Steroid dependence else they can develop high blood pressure, short stature, cataract, glaucoma and diabetes which all are irreversible. Never start or stop the steroids on your own considering the side effect profile. All vaccines including oral polio drops are not to be given in children receiving daily dose steroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Diabetes is a major health concern among Indians. Lack of physical activity, sedantary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits are the major culprits, which have given rise to this condition in people today. Diabetes is a serious disorder, which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it and they build up slowly and gradually. It occurs in all age groups, right from infants to the elderly.
This condition majorly happens in the middle or older aged people. 80-85% cases belong to people of 45 years of age or older. Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected.
Various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below:
- Frequent urination: You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
- Weight gain: You may experience weight gain.
- Fatigue: You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
- Bruises take longer time to heal: Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
Read on to know what are the best natural medications to cure diabetes:
- Make a mixture of turmeric, powdered fenugreek seeds, white pepper and milk. Consume this drink at least twice a day.
- You should exercise on a regular basis. Activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better.
- Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production.
- Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
- Limit sugar consumption by restricting foods such as banana, potato and rice.
- Consume bitter vegetables.
- Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.