Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
My wife's period started on 10/12/2015 and ends on 14/12/2015. What dates are the safe period for having sex to avoid pregnancy? Please tell me all things about safe period in detail.
I has dark spot under my eyes what is the reason behind this? Is too much masturbation causing this? How can I reduce black spot?
My dental is broken partly front side how much amount will require for removing the half teeth and put new one in same place ?
I am a male of 50 years having pain in lower back and hip joint of the right side. Due to work schedule I need to sit long hours on the chair. I am non-diabetic, non-hypertensive, non-smoker and non-alcoholic. I do light exercises like walking and Pranayam also. I have not taken any medical advice on this problem till now. Kindly advise me.
Hello, My cousin is suffering from vaginal discharge and because of that she's loosing her weight too. Could you please tell some solutions for this.
Cabbage soup diet: Can it help with weight loss? Cachexia in advanced cancer: What's the best treatment.
I am a 35 year old man with diabetic since almost around 7 yrs, have been on pills in consultation with endocrinology department at Asian institute of medical sciences, a super specialty hospital in faridabad. My weight is 113 kgs. kindly advise me precautions & remedies on my foods & beverages.
My weight is 60 kg and you am having pcos. Nowadays I am having only vegetables instead of non veg. Plus I walk for about 1 hour per day. But unable to stop having rice. So my question is will I be able to loose weight and I am having medicine for pcos ,how long it may take to conceive.
Arthritis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of the joints. This disorder usually develops after the age of 65; however, it does not mean that people from other age groups aren’t at any risk whatsoever. Obesity is one of the major triggers of this condition.
Arthritis can be of two types:
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that is characterized by inflammation and stiffness in the joint caused due to injury, age or obesity.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder wherein the immune system attacks the healthy tissues and cells of the joint.
The cartilage is a flexible connective tissue present in your joints. Its function is to cushion the joints from pressure and shock. Any drop in the amounts of cartilage present leaves one immensely prone to this condition. While on one hand, osteoarthritis is generally caused by normal wear and tear of the joints, rheumatoid arthritis is caused by the immune system erroneously attacking the healthy cells of the joint.
The symptoms of this disorder are stiffness of the joints, swelling and a sharp stinging joint pain. Arthritis has a tremendous impact on one’s mobility, reducing it to a great degree. The symptoms of arthritis tend to get worse in the morning. Rheumatoid arthritis can also result in significant loss of appetite, because of the inflammation of the immune system. Reduction in the RBC count is also common in case of rheumatoid arthritis.
Ayurveda For Arthritis:
According to Ayurveda mostly pains are caused by the aggravation of vata (air) dosha. Arthritis is a condition which is caused by accumulation of ama and aggravation of vata. (Ama is a toxic by-product of improper digestion). This ama circulates in the whole body and deposits or gets collected at the sites which are weaker. When it deposits in the joints and at the same time there is aggravation of vata , it results in a disease called amavata. This amavata is arthritis.
Since arthritis is caused due to vata aggravation, the main aim of Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is to balance and stabilize vata in the body. This can be done by strengthening the alimentary canal and the metabolic pathway. This ensures that the circulatory channels not blocked by impurities and are open and performing well, and that nourishment is delivered to joints. To achieve this, you may have to drink lots of water and detoxify your body periodically. You may also try various Ayurvedic home remedies which are designed specifically to treat arthritis, improving your range of motion and giving you increased mobility.
An Ayurvedic diet can help strengthen the digestive system, preventing the formulation of ama. The nutritional plasma that is thus created, is pure and can be assimilated into the body completely and easily. A healthy, balanced diet can also improve lubrication of joints, effectively preventing arthritis or degeneration of the joints. Ayurvedic remedies promote natural healing for arthritis, decreasing the rate of progression of degeneration of your joints and promoting their health.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that focuses on treating the root cause of the problem along with treating the symptoms of arthritis. Unlike conventional treatments, Ayurveda is entirely natural and is free from side effects.
Tips for Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthritis
- Partial fasting is beneficial in order get rid of these toxins.
- Consuming a cup of lukewarm water mixed with lemon juice and honey early in the morning is recommended.
- Using mustard or sesame oil to massage the body helps in reducing the ‘vata’.
- Fenugreek is an excellent natural inhibitor of ama and corrector of the vata dosha. It is a natural remedy for arthritis. Use fenugreek seeds in your food.
- A hot oil massage of your joints can be really helpful, especially in the winter months. Castor oil and sesame seed oil, both are great for a hot massage of your joints. If your joints are very painful, massage them lightly.
- Meditate for bringing down your stress levels and dealing with anxiety. Stress and anxiety are a major reason for the development of ama in your body. The more relaxed you are, the more efficient your body will be.
- Go to bed on time and wake up early in the morning. Disrupting the natural sleep cycle can aggravate all the doshas in the body and can also result in worry, stress, anxiety and fear. Taking control of your life and your daily schedule will only help you get rid of arthritis.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello doctor, My wife aged 34 is behaving odd from last 30 days, we have 2 kids. Since last month she has became aggressive in all aspects, she fights at home with me and beats children for small issue, as I was on bed rest from last 1.5 month. She beats me as well and then says sorry. But I let go her as she might have got tired due to housework as well as my extra duty of taking care of me as I am on bed rest. But today she told me that she feels like suicide for some time and then she thinks of children and stop thinking of that bad idea. I am really worried what step should I take to make her normal again. Or is she normal and stressed due to my extra responsibility. Please help.
I am 21 years old male I have acne or black marks on my face what can I do. I am using clindamycin cream but it does not effect much better. please help.
I have recurrent aphthous stomatitis. Almost 2 to 3 weeks a month I get ulcers in my mouth. Sometimes even 2 or 3 at a time. Gums, tongue and lips. I love spicy food which causes a lot of inflammation. Any quick remedies or gelthat I can apply?
I'm a 53 years old and diabetic and bp in normal condition. Can I use steroids. Injection or tablet to develop my muscle. Suggest me please.
I am 67 years of age and have faced big financial losses over last about 3 years and because of that I feel depressed and unenthusiastic and loosing initiative and vigour for any new efforts. Please help me
For some individuals,inappropriate sexual beliefs or myths
can cause problems within a relationship.
Individuals acquire expectations about what sex should be like and how they or their partner should behave.
Some of these apply equally to both men and women while others will be more relevant to one gender than the other.
1. The man should be the sexual leader.
By being the 'sexual leader' and taking responsibility for arousing both oneself and one's partner, men cheat themselves of much pleasure. Not only do they have the pressure of ensuring that the woman is satisfied, but they also miss out on the extra stimulation that could be given to them by their partner. Therefore, they have all of the pressure and less of the pleasure. It is important for a woman to be able to communicate her sexual needs and interests as well, rather than just waiting for her partner to initiate sex, or expecting her partner to know intuitively what specific sexual activities are enjoyable or desired on a particular occasion.
2. A woman should not initiate sex.
As mentioned above, sex is a two-way interaction and it is often more fulfilling for both partners if sexual initiative and 'leadership' is shared. A lot of men wish their female partners would initiate sex more often.
3. Men should not express their emotions.
Some men find that they can only express their feelings through sex. In many cases, a heart-to-heart chat, or a warm cuddle, may be more appropriate.
4. A woman should always have sex when her partner makes sexual approaches.
It is not a woman's 'duty' to have sex with her husband. A woman should feel able to say no to sex when she does not feel like it.
5. All physical contact must lead to sex.
As some men express their feelings through sex, they may believe that all touching must lead to sex. Touching and cuddling one's partner can be very fulfilling and does not have to lead to sex.
6. Good sex leads to a wild orgasm.
This myth holds that sex involves increasing and unfaltering arousal up to the point of orgasm, at which time one or both partners is wild with passion and the thrusting is hard and uncontrolled. In reality, concentration and arousal can be extremely difficult to maintain for lengthy periods and more typically they wax and wane throughout a sexual encounter. A more relaxed approach to sex, in which both partners take the time to talk, laugh and communicate, can be equally or more satisfying.
7. A man feels like sex at any time.
While men accept that women do not always feel like sex,some men hang onto the myth that they should feel like having sex whenever the occasion arises. However, the fact is that life is often hectic, stressful, and tiring, and that man does not always feel like sex at any time of the day. While they may be capable of having sex at any time,they may not necessarily want to have sex at any time and should not feel obligated to have sex at any time. It is all right for a man to say, 'Not tonight, darling. I'm feeling a bit too tired. Let's just cuddle.'
8. Sex equals intercourse.
Intercourse can certainly be a pleasurable and important aspect of a sexual relationship; however, sex does not necessarily require intercourse. Manual and oral stimulation can be equally pleasurable and may provide a slightly different and novel sensation,either physically or emotionally.
9. Sex happens automatically.
This myth asserts that we should not have to learn about sex or ask our partner about what they like because sex is something we should instinctively know about. Most of what we know about sex is learned from the media, our parents, and our friends.Much of this information promotes biased or unrealistic beliefs that may actually interfere with our enjoyment of sex. Good sex may involve re-learning much of what we know and assume.However, with practice, this new knowledge will become natural and our sex lives and relationships will be enhanced.
10. A 'respectable' woman should not enjoy sex too much and should certainly never masturbate.
A respectable woman of any age is a sexual being. She should feel free to experiment sexually in any way that feels comfortable. Enjoyment of sex is healthy, natural, and to be encouraged.
11.All other couples have sex several times a week; have orgasm every time they have sex and orgasm simultaneously.
Firstly, this is not a factual statement. Secondly, while this description of sex may hold in the early stages of a relationship, it becomes less true as a relationship progresses. Couples may be left with a set of unrealistic expectations that may trigger/exacerbate sexual problems.
12. There must be something wrong with the relationship if sex is not good.
While a bad relationship is unlikely to have good sex, the reverse is not true. A loving couple with a stable and communicative relationship may have specific sexual difficulties. Remember that good sex does not always happen automatically and that some degree of learning or re-learning may be required.
13. Formation of Semen.
Semen is formed from blood and loss of it will lead to weakness is a myth
14. Masturbation is wrong.
It is commonly believed that too much of masturbation is wrong and leads to mental illness, physical weakness, and decreases potency. It should be clarified that there is no scientific evidence to support this.
15. The role of 'Physical strength' or 'Muscle power' in sexual performance.
It is a common belief that muscular men can perform better than averagely built man. It should be clarified that there is no relation between muscle power and sexual performance and what matters is the motivation and proper knowledge about sex.
16. The size of the penis.
Very often males are preoccupied with the fact that larger penis is more effective. This myth should be address by discussing the size of the normal penis in flaccid and erect position and the minimal length of penis required satisfying a female.
17. Circumcision and sexual performance.
Many persons tend to believe that circumcision is helpful in prolonging coitus by delaying the ejaculation time.
18. Bending of Penis.
Some males are very much distressed with the curvature of the penis. It should be clarified that slight curvature of the shaft of the penis is perfectly normal and does not harm the sexual intercourse.
19. Vasectomy/tubectomy decreases sexual potency.
Many patients believe that these operations decrease the sexual potency.The couple should understand that use of contraception or such operations ensure prevention of fertilization and possible chance of pregnancy and hence allows them to enjoy sex more freely.
20. Drugs enhance sexual potency.
It is a common belief that alcohol and/or Opioids or other drugs improve potency. It should be clarified that these drugs temporarily increase a men's sexual desire, but they definitely decrease the sexual performance.
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.