Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavita Modi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ModiYour feedback matters!
Even though brain aneurysms are becoming common these days, not all of them are required to be treated. In some cases, the physician may choose to observe an aneurysm closely before adopting any treatment measure. But in patients in whom an aneurysm has progressed to a severe level, there are two treatment options:
- Open surgical clipping
- Endovascular therapy or coiling
Open surgical clipping for brain aneurysms:
This procedure is typically performed by a neurosurgeon who makes an incision in the head. An opening in the bone is made, and then a clip is positioned by dissecting through the spaces of the brain. This aids in preventing the flow of blood into an aneurysm. In this procedure, the patient is required to stay in the hospital for two to three nights after which he or she is discharged.
Considerable modifications have been made in the open surgery techniques in the recent years. Neurosurgeons are now able to perform eye brow incisions or mini craniotomies for clipping an aneurysm. In these procedures, a small incision is cut out in the skin above the eyebrow for making a window. A tiny clip is placed across the mouth of an aneurysm to help it heal. But it is worthy of mention here that these are all invasive procedures and take relatively longer time to recover compared to the coiling process.
- This treatment is also performed by a neurosurgeon, and it has been proved that this process is exceptionally suitable for patients with a ruptured aneurysm. Endovascular coiling is often done in coalesce with an angiogram, where a catheter is inserted into the vessel over the hip, which is then gradually carried to the vessels of the brain and finally to an aneurysm.
- Then the coils are packed to the point where it rises from the blood vessel, which prevents the blood from flowing intothe blood vessel. Most patients undergoing this minimally invasive procedure can go home the day following the surgery. The success rate of this process is very high, and over 125,000 patients have been treated all across the globe with the help of detachable platinum coils.
- Over the last few years, a substantial amount of advancements have taken place in the endovascular techniques. Recent developments show the use of flow diverting embolization devices, which are similar to a stent and are placed in the primary vessel, adjacent to an aneurysm. It diverts the flow away from an aneurysm and therefore, allows the neurosurgeons to treat the brain aneurysms, which were previously considered inaccessible and untreatable.
Both the procedures are quite efficient in treating a brain aneurysm. The most suitable option is dependent on a host of factors such as size, shape, location and overall health condition of the patient.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is she go pregnant or not if I drink a beer before sex with my wife. I am 27 years old male married of 20 days.
We look around at our friends' marriage and often conclude that their marriage is better than ours. No wonder we turn to self-pity mode for not being to lucky to have a happier and exciting relationship. Who knew the love shall fade away! Where is the harmony and intimacy we always dreamt of ??
Why does romance not last? When we need someone to love and more importantly to be loved. All success, a seven digit salary, and big cars, nothing. nothing lets us feel content unless we have someone to share it with. Probably you have been married for years and have lost the romantic spark you had. And you look back and start analysing, where, what, when and how things went wrong?
And blame game starts; you curse circumstances and try to justify your actions
Ritikaa and Mehul fell in love at first sight. Despite family resistance they married. After a few months, they were arguing for small things and wondering why did they have married. Dr Radhakrishnan is a scientist married to a pathologist; he is looking from separation from his wife after 26 years, though he is not seeing anyone else.
Suchitra and Prakash married ten years ago, they divorced after two years of their marriage. They don't have kids. There were no obligations but they reunited four years back and divorced again, but still the relationship is not broken.
Do happy couples exist??? Heartbroken Alok who is just 32 yrs old, asked me with teary eyes - I earn 4 crores a year, but I feel lonely, unloved and dejected!
Every day I listen to stories of heartache! And my belief in the power of love and affection is growing many folds.
Marriage is more than being a room partner! Not only marriage but any relationship is like a plant, we need to nurture it to blossom. Every marriage faces its own challenges at different time and for different reasons. We need to consciously work on it but with ease.
No marriage is boring or perfect! It's about how do we respond to our marriage.
Every couple has to face common issues related with adjusting with new families, career balance, baby plans (in some cases), spending, eating, hygiene (bathroom etiquettes) habits of spouse, interest and hobbies, gender specific responsibilities and of course money matters.
Let it be anything . .Assertiveness is key to success.
Watch your own actions:
Are you imposing thoughts and actions on your spouse: you have imagined a world, and are trying to move things as per our own wish?
Are you expecting without explaining to her/ him: you might be soul-mates, but don't forget that no two people can be the same. Explain your expectations but don't put conditions to get it accomplished. Allow your spouse to take her or his call.
Are you respecting differences in opinion- disagreement is not disrespect for your views and opinions. It's about perspectives (based on pre conceived notions)
Are you reading your spouse's mind and assuming? Stop assuming, ask but be assertive, use appropriate words, tone and pitch.
Are you giving some room for mistakes? Give people some space to make mistakes, forgive them and self too. Communicate if something bothers you a lot.
Are you judging by actions not understanding intentions? Relax! Before you make opinions and decide you can't take it anymore. Sometimes your spouse is completely clueless and unaware about your mind.
Are you trying to bridge the gap between your spouse and your parents? Relationships are very one-to-one. Never try to bridge the gap between them, you shall end up being a sandwich and will spoil your relations too. Let them grow their own relationship.
Communicate clearly and explain your expectations about money matters - involve your spouse in your financial planning, it's a way to generate trust between you and spouse and it helps to work on budgets and spending habits.
Express clearly about sexual needs and desire. Physical intimacy plays a very important role in marriage. Seek professional help to sort things out before you think you are incompatible.
Make a choice not a sacrifice (otherwise you shall expect your spouse to repay it in the way you want).
Sir, We are couple and we plan for a child but for last 6 month we fail, tell me witch day good to plan a child?
I had sex last night unprotected sex too. And she is taking period delaying med. Is there is any chance of conceive.
Me and my partner try to have intercourse but we are finding very difficult to enter. As she experience lots of pain. What should we do.
Me and my husband had unprotected sex on 22nd feb and on the next day I took I pill and again we had unprotected sex on 28th feb (yesterday) this time he ejaculated over my vagina and didn't inseminate so I wanna know that whether I should go for another pill or the pill I took on 22nd will be effective for this. I don't wanna get pregnant now. Please give me some advice however i'm not facing any problem yet.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.