Doctor in Jivandeep Hospital
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Jivandeep HospitalYour feedback matters!
No Blood, No needle, No visit to hospital, you can do yourself at home with water. A thin layer of transparent screen like structure hangs in front of the abdominal muscles known as peritoneum. This peritoneum protects the abdominal structures and the muscle. This can also be used for performing dialysis which is carried out when the functioning of kidney gets affected. In peritoneal dialysis a thin and soft catheter is placed in the person’s belly one week before performing the procedure.
The catheter has numerous holes in order to facilitate the transformation of fluids. Dialysis solution is prepared in a bag and the tubing is connected to the catheter placed in the abdomen thereby, the fluids absorb the waste materials from the body. The fluid is allowed to stay in your body for a particular period of time which is commonly referred as dwell time and later the fluid is drained out.
There are two types of peritoneal dialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and automated peritoneal dialysis. This is the simple form of dialysis which anybody can perform after a short training period and this can be done anywhere in clean private place like hotels, home and even in office.
Procedure followed during Peritoneal Dialysis
All you need to perform a peritoneal dialysis is catheter and transfer set, cycler, dialysis solution and safety precautions materials to stay away from getting infections.
Step 1 - Perform a sterile aseptic technique. Wear a glove and surgical mask before connecting the catheters and transfer set. Clamp the tubing and remove the catheter once the dialysis solution enters your abdomen
Step 2 - Allow the solution to remain in your abdomen for a particular period of dwell time
Step 3 - Drain the fluid from the abdominal cavity into the drain bag. You may feel a mild tugging sensation when adequate amount of fluid is drained.
Step 4 - After drain close or clamp the transfer set and later flush a fresh solution directly to drain bag so as to remove the air from the tubing.
Step 5 - Close your drain bag and open your transfer set and refill your belly with fresh solution.
Make sure you perform without giving way for infection and excess fluid and dextrose absorption. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Holistic science is taking centre stage once again, after their decline in the past centuries since the advent of contemporary medicine. Ayurveda is one such area that helps in reaching and curing the root cause of the ailment that a person may be facing. Couples facing problems or relationships problems are one such area that is also a part of this ancient Indian life science. Let us find out more about Ayurvedic Couple Counselling.
Transformation: Ayurveda seeks to reach the root cause of a problem and transform the life of the patient by dealing with the said problem. For couples, one of the most basic problems is that of stagnation. With the help of the transformation function, Ayurveda helps the two partners in finding a basis for dealing with the old by bringing in the new. In this kind of counselling, couples are usually asked to find something new in each other and things that they can do together to break from the same old routine. This creates a sense of excitement and makes for shared experiences.
Meditation: In Ayurveda, the couple undergoing counselling is usually asked to practice meditation together. This helps in grounding the couple as one unit as they breathe in and out together and get initiated through the path of meditation. With this, a union of the mind, the body and spirit can be possible on several levels where the couple can understand, guide and evolve with each other. When meditation is practiced by the couple together, it is a deeply connecting ritual that also builds intimacy on a whole other level of commitment and togetherness.
Intuition: All people go through change. When we marry, we are young and we subsequently grow old and older with each other. The objective is to grow old together rather than changing to a degree where one partner does not understand or relate with the other. So, as per Ayurveda, it is difficult to align with each other using a sense of intuition that will help in nurturing each other through change, rather than growing apart. This sense of intuition will also bring about better adaptability and adjustment.
Flow of Energy: The main energy between couple is emotion, which can be regulated with Chakra Healing. The play of emotions between two people is what binds together. But this where the subtle balance has to come about so that one does not get overwhelmed with the other. With the help of couples counselling in Ayurveda, the couple will be taught to channel the flow of energy in a positive way to manifest in understanding, good sexual relations, and harmony in cohabitation.
Some unique herbal combos, absolutely safe, are decided by Ayurveda doctor on the basis of feedback, if required. Being open with each other is the key to being happy with couple counselling in Ayurveda. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is your life dull and boring? Are you unhappy with the way you are leading your everyday life? Laughter is very important for living and is a vital part of healthy living. It helps in relieving tension, reducing stress, making you relax, and increases your happiness. Here are some ways following which you can bring more laughter in your life:
- Connect with an old friend
- Connecting with a friend from the past is ideal for bringing up topics and memories which are sure to make you laugh.
- Remembering funny incidents, stories, and hilarious moments can make you revisit old days and laugh.
- Humour in your everyday life
- Laughter and fun can be found in all places. You need to find them out.
- There can be a lot of common, ordinary things which are ironically or sarcastically funny. Observe humorous moments from everything around you and share them with your people.
- Watch your favourite television shows
- Watching your favourite comedy shows and programs on the tv will bound to loosen you up.
- Instead of watching deep movies that are thought to provoke, something light and capable of making you laugh is also important.
- Spend time with children
- Kids are uninhabited, simple and happy beings. You will be able to recall your childhood by talking to children. This is a great way to make you laugh.
- Have sleepovers
- Sleepovers may be old fashioned, but they are a source of unadulterated laughter.
- Inviting friends over for movies and makeovers paves the way for unlimited laughter all night long.
- Visit amusement parks
- Amusement parks are a great way of having fun and also realising how you can laugh at simple things.
- Visit amusement parks with your friends or family and have a great time laughing.
- Listen to funny songs from your childhood
- Listening to your favourite funny songs from childhood is a nice way for you to loosen up.
- It will remind you of your memories with that song, which is bound to make you recapitulate and laugh.
- Play in bouncy houses
- You should hop in bouncy houses that are meant for children.
- You can come across these at birthday parties, community events, and play centres. Jumping and laughing are sure to give you a good time.
You should also try to make the people around you laugh. Hearing the laughter of others will surely make you laugh as well as it is very much contagious. Tell ridiculous jokes and rhymes to make your friends and close ones burst out in laughter, which will be a matter to laugh about for you as well. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ever been in a situation where a medicine you used to take regularly to deal with something, has suddenly stopped being effective? This is because of antibiotic resistance. This refers to the ability of bacteria to change their structure so as to resist the antibiotic. Thus, an illness that was once easily treatable is no longer affected by the same medicines and the bacteria causing the infection multiplies, thus worsening the condition.
How do bacteria develop antibiotic resistance?
When you take a drug, not all the bacteria present is affected equally. While some bacteria die out, others turn dormant. Repeated and improper use of antibiotics can lead multiplication of the dormant bacteria, which results in spreading of disease, instead of containing the same. One of the main causes of this is using strong antibiotics to treat minor viral illnesses.
What can you do to fight antibiotic resistance?
- Follow your prescription: When taking a course of antibiotics, it is also essential to complete the course and not leave it midway just because you are feeling better. Antibiotics are also most effective when taken regularly. Hence, avoid skipping a dose in your treatment. Doing this does not completely cure the infection, but increases the bacteria's resistance to the drug.
- Do not take someone else's medicine: Self medication can do more harm than good. Each drug attacks a particular combination of symptoms. Taking medication prescribed for someone else can increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics. It can also delay correct treatment, thus allowing your condition to worsen.
- Discard the leftover medication: When stored for a long period of time, medicines lose their potency. Thus if you were to take them later, they would be less effective against the bacteria.
- Do not take antibiotics for a viral infection: In any case, antibiotics to not address viruses and hence, the medicine will not have a beneficial effect on the virus. However, it can affect the bacteria present in your body by making it resistant to the drug.
- Do not use antibiotics for an extended duration: Use of antibiotic for treating issues such as acne can contribute to antibiotic resistance. If you must take any such medication, ensure that you are being cared for by a healthcare professional. Most doctors will suggest giving your body breaks between antibiotic courses when it comes to long term medication.
- Try natural remedies: Many common bacterial infections can be successfully treated naturally in their early stages. Aloe Vera, turmeric, garlic and tea tree oil are some of the natural cures for a range of bacterial infections. The biggest advantage of these natural cures is their lack of side effects.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We grow up thinking of our nails as dead cells and pay attention to them only to trim them once a week. If you’re a woman, this might extend to painting them in different hues. However, the shape, texture and natural colour of your nails along with the rate at which they grow says a lot about your overall health.
Homeopathy is an effective way of treating nail disorders as it addresses the root cause of the problem. This form of treatment has negligible side effects and hence, can be used over a long period of time. However, homeopathy should never be used to self medicate. This is because a homeopathic prescription depends on the symptoms presented and the personality of the patient.
Here are a few changes in your nails that could be signs of health disturbances.
- Horizontal ridges: White horizontal ridges across your nails are developed when there is a pause in the growth of the nail. They could be an indication of an injury or a symptom of a serious illness. These are also known as Beau’s lines or Mee’s lines. Beau’s lines are developed due to psoriasis, diabetes, circulatory disease or a severe deficiency of zinc. Mee’s lines can be a result of arsenic poisoning, malaria, leprosy, Hodgkin’s disease or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Vertical ridges: This is a common sign of aging and is usually nothing to worry about. However, in some cases, it could be a sign of vitamin B12 or magnesium deficiencies.
- Spoon nails: If the edges of your nails curve upwards and take on a spoon-like look, it could be a sign of anemia, excessive iron absorption, heart disease or hypothyroidism.
- Pitted Nails: Dents or pits in your nails are usually a sign of psoriasis. It could also be a symptom of tissue disorders such as Reiter’s syndrome or autoimmune diseases like alopecia areata.
- Dark nails: If you notice dark,discoloured patches on your nails, consult a doctor immediately. This could be due to melanoma which is the most dangerous form of skin cancer.
- Yellow Nails: Smoking and excessive use of acrylic nail polish are the two most common causes of yellow nails. However, if your nails are thinand crumbly along with being yellow, it could be a sign of a fungal infection. In rare cases, yellow nails could also be a sign of thyroid disorders, diabetes or psoriasis.
- Clubbing: Nails that are enlarged and curved downwards are said to be clubbed. This is typically a sign of low levels of oxygen in the blood. It could also be symptom of lung disease, liver and kidney disorders, AIDS and inflammatory bowel disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the emerging psychiatric disorder that has significant medical and psychiatric consequences is compulsive sexual behaviour or hypersexuality, is an obsession with sexual thoughts in which people cannot manage their sexual behaviour. It may involve a commonly enjoyable sexual experience as self-stimulation which becomes an obsession. The person suffering from the condition may also get involved in sexual behaviours that are outside the bounds of commonly accepted conduct like paying for sex or having extramarital affairs.
Untreated compulsive sexual behaviour damages one’s self-esteem, health, job, relationships and career. However, with treatment and self-help,
one can manage compulsive sexual behaviour and learn to manage one’s urge. Males are more likely to be unfaithful than females because they have stronger sexual impulses and weaker self-control. Compulsive sexual behaviour symptoms vary in type and severity. During intense sexual impulses, one feels as if they're beyond control. This is the first and the most common symptom as the patient uses compulsive sexual behaviour as an escape route for problems like loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress. One has trouble establishing and maintaining emotional closeness, even if one is married or in a committed relationship.
The treatment for compulsive sexual behaviour involves psychotherapy and medications. A primary goal of treatment is to help one manage urges and reduce excessive behaviours while maintaining healthy sexual activities. If one has compulsive sexual behaviour, one may need treatment for mental health condition. People with compulsive sexual behaviour often have alcohol or drug abuse problems or a mood disorder such as depression.
Counselling sessions can help one learn how to manage one’s compulsive sexual behaviour. Intensive treatment programs for compulsive sexual behaviours focus on identification of core triggers and beliefs about sexual addiction. It assists in development of healthier choices and coping skills to minimize urges and deal with the preoccupation of sexual addiction. Psychodynamic psychotherapy can prove to be very useful as it focuses on increasing one’s awareness of unconscious thoughts and behaviours, and developing new insights into their motivations. Resolving conflicts using this therapy is also recommended. The other kind of treatment program is cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy helps one to identify unhealthy, negative beliefs and behaviours and replace them with healthy, positive ones. Family therapy and couples therapy may restore trust, minimize shame and guilt thus establishing a healthy sexual relationship between partners.
Medications include anti-depressants like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, mood stabilizers and anti-androgens have also been used to treat compulsive sexual behaviour. Anti-androgens are prescribed as it reduces the biological effects of sex hormones in men thus reducing sexual urges. Luteinizing hormone is also prescribed as it reduces obsessive sexual thoughts by reducing the production of testosterone. Anti-seizure medications, naltrexone, and medications which decrease male hormones have been found to decrease the compulsive urges and impulses associated with sexual addictions for some sufferers. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vagina is one of the most delicate organs of your body. While you tend to the hygiene of other body parts, caring for the vagina either doesn’t strike you or it is too taboo a thing to be discussed about. Vaginal rashes are prevalent among many women and in most cases, they are not aware of ways to approach the problem. Rashes can lead to extreme uneasiness and if neglected, could even cause complicate health disorders. Thus vaginal rashes should be treated with proper medical assistance and watchful sanitation.
Factors that can cause vaginal rashes:
1. Warts in and around a person’s genital: Warts are infections that can have a painful and disturbing effect on your health. Genital warts are the result of sexually transmitted infections. The diverse kinds of human papillomavirus are known to trigger the formation of vaginal rashes.
2. Infections caused due to the predominance of viruses: Vaginal rashes may exhibit themselves in the form of aching blisters. This symptom could be indicative of Genital Herpes that further needs medical expertise to be dealt with.
3. Folliculitis could cause suffering: The base of a hair shaft is indeed a sensitive area. Any infection pertaining to hair shafts surfacing usually in the form of a red lump can worsen to cause rashes in your genitalia.
4. A cyst in the Bartholin gland could be the reason: A Bartholin gland is one of the two glands positioned at the opening of a person’s vagina. A cyst might happen to develop in any one of these glands due to accumulation of fluids produced by the glands itself. Secondary symptoms of such a condition could be red, itchy rashes.
1. Redness of the skin in and around one’s vagina is a characteristic feature of an underlying problem.
2. Your vagina could itch persistently preventing you from free movement. Constant itching can also hamper your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life.
3. The skin around your vagina can become excessively dry and peel off as a result.
4. Tenderness and soreness are common symptoms that make sitting or lying down troublesome.
5. Vaginal rashes may or may not be accompanied by a stinging, throbbing pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The perineum is the area between the vagina and the anus. This fragile area plays a significant role in the female reproductive system. This is often intentionally or accidentally torn open to allow for the normal delivery of the baby. This needs to be repaired meticulously to ensure that the pelvic floor is safeguarded from further damage.
The pelvic floor contains multiple muscles and supporting tissues which help in keeping the vagina, rectum, uterus and supporting structures in their places. When these muscles become weak due to childbirth, ageing, perineal injury etc, the uterus, bladder and rectum loosen up and prolapse down.The most common problem that is encountered is urine and fecal incontinence, where the woman has difficulty holding urine and feces. Though not often discussed openly given the private nature of the topic, many women suffer from a weak pelvic floor. Read on to know some of the common causes, symptoms, and management measures.
- Chronic cough: The next time you cough for prolonged periods, notice how much pressure it puts on the pelvic area. This goes unnoticed, but chronic cough can weaken the pelvic floor muscles. It is not common for women to lose some urine during these long-drawn coughing spells.
- Chronic constipation: The pressure exerted during constipation weakens the pelvic floor, often leading to incontinence.
- Pregnancy and delivery: Most common cause of perineal injury, where the perineum is torn (accidentally or intentionally) to allow for easy passage of the baby. If it is not repaired meticulously, the pelvic floor is weakened.
Urinary incontinence is the most common symptom that women present to doctors with. However, there are minor symptoms which a woman would experience prior to reaching this stage. Most often, these are ignored, and only brought to doctor’s notice when symptoms become quite severe. If left unattended, there could be more severe repercussions too.
- A heavy feeling in the pelvic area, commonly referring to as a bearing down sensation, a feeling that the internal organs are going to pop out through the vagina
- A small lump that can be felt and/or seen at the vaginal opening
- Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder and/or bowel
- Pain or bleeding from the vagina or the rectum
- Recurrent pelvic and/or urinary tract infections
- Kegel exercises are often used to strengthen the pelvic floor. This is very effective if the problem is identified quite early.
- In more progressive cases, surgical repair is the most effective option. This not only corrects the prolapses but also helps boost confidence of the person, by correcting the incontinence problems and improving sexual experiences.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
If we are talking health and health concerns, sneezing seems to be inconsequential. However, in reality sneezing is quite discomforting. Occasional sneezing is a natural defense mechanism of your body that helps throw out unwanted elements in the respiratory passage. This cannot be called a disease. A certain kind of sensitivity in the mucous membrane of your nose can make you sneeze repeatedly. Irritability to specific food products or weather conditions can lead to frequent sneezing. Recurrent sneezing is therefore directly linked to various kinds of allergy.
Ayurveda has been known for its efficacy in treating a vast range of diseases. Ayurveda diagnoses an ailment or a disorder in eight ways. This branch of alternative medicine examines the pulse, urine, stool, tongue, vision, speech and the touch of a person. The problem of intermittent sneezing can also be dealt with through the use of Ayurvedic diagnostic procedures and medications.
1. Haridrakhanda: This powder is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat sneezing. A spoonful of Haridrakhanda with warm milk or warm water can really make you feel better. The medication should be taken four times a day to achieve desired results.
2. Shadabindu Taila: Shadabindu taila or anu taila can be inhaled regularly to treat the condition of continuous sneezing.
3. Agasta Rasayana: People, who easily contract allergies from their surroundings and end up sneezing throughout the day, are also the ones suffering from acute constipation. Two or three spoonfuls of Agasta Rasayana can improve irregular bowel syndrome. It should be mixed with hot milk or water and taken only after dinner. Even if you are sneezing problems have been tackled, you may continue with this to prevent the problem from bothering you again.
Other Ayurvedic tips to cure sneezing are:
1. Keep away from taking a head bath in cold water. Lukewarm water is best suited for people prone to repetitive sneezing.
2. Dust, smoke and a rainy, wet weather could aggravate your condition.
3. Avoid the intake of cold items like ice- cream, iced tea, cold water, banana and curd if you wish to remedy allergies.
4. Garlic, turmeric and black pepper are also known for their benefits in curing sneezing.