Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemant K Shukla
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant K ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 42 years old. I have problem of benign breast duct lesion in right breast and another problem is colloid goiter. Please suggest best doctor in painful area. Also suggest hone remedies.
I am having acute acidity problem from last few months. Is it a symptom of any abdominal cancer? Please answer. I am really worried about that.
Hello Doctor. I've frequent stomach problems, I feel unusual cramps. I feel the heat down my tummy. I was admitted recently as I was diagnosed with Diarrhea. This being one of the symptom of cancer has moved me.
I smoke about 4-5 cigerates daily. Does that mean I will be affected by cancer at later stages of my life.
I am 72 years old man. My prostrate size as ascertained USG on 16.5.18 is 36.1 which is enlarged. Taking silodosin capsule daily one as advised by urologist. Do I need immediate operation TURP? Doctor suggested operation. May I continue medicines for 6 months & then go for operation? Pl give a reply.
My mother is suffering from esophagus cancer locally advanced. Three cycles of chemotherapy given. As cancer is not spread I want to know can radiation help her and if yes then how quickly we should give them?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic examination: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!