Doctor in Himadree Oncosurgical Hospital
Submit a review for Himadree Oncosurgical HospitalYour feedback matters!
Himadree Oncosurgical Hospital Feeds
The surgical procedure to remove the oesophagus (the tube between your stomach and mouth), partially or completely, and reconstruct it by using a section of the large intestine or stomach is called esophagectomy.
Esophagectomy is commonly used to treat oesophageal cancer.
Early-stage oesophageal cancer is frequently treated with an esophagectomy. Other than that, esophagectomy is also performed to treat oesophageal dysplasia (a condition in which cells in the oesophageal lining are precancerous or likely to develop cancer if not promptly treated).
Esophagectomy is commonly performed when cancer has spread to the stomach, lymph nodes or associated organs.
Some other conditions which require esophagectomy include:
Swallowing of cell-damaging, or caustic agents such as lye.
Problematic stomach disorders that make the passage of food to the stomach difficult.
A previously performed esophagectomy was unsuccessful.
There are three ways a surgeon may perform an esophagectomy, which include:
Transthoracic Esophagectomy (TTE)
In this type of procedure, the incision is made on the chest. A TTE is mostly used to treat the following conditions:
Cancer present only in two-thirds of the oesophagus
Barrett’s oesophagus (Abnormal cell transformation in the lower oesophagus)
Damage to the oesophagus by swallowing a caustic agent
Reflux esophagitis (stomach acids return to the oesophagus) complications
Transhiatal Esophagectomy (THE)
In THE, the incision is made from the end of the breastbone to the bellybutton. THE is performed for the following conditions:
To remove the cancerous oesophagus
To tighten or narrow the oesophagus in order to make swallowing easier
To fix issues in the nervous system
To repair frequent gastroesophageal reflux
Correct a hole in the oesophagus caused by any caustic agent
En Bloc Esophagectomy
In this procedure, the oesophagus, part of the stomach and all the lymph nodes in the abdomen and chest are removed. The incisions are made in the abdomen, chest and neck; the stomach will be reshaped and brought up to the chest to put back the oesophagus.
Potentially curable tumours are treated by en bloc esophagectomy.
Recovery time of esophagectomy is three weeks approximately. You are allowed to go back to your regular diet after a month. You might find that you are eating smaller portions as you stomach size is reduced.
Cancer is a widespread disease which results in cell growth and cell multiplication. Millions of the people are facing this deadly disease, and the source is still unknown. It is a natural phenomenon to age cells, and cell death is inevitable. When a cell dies in the body, it gets replaced with a new one. But the cancerous cells cannot divide and lack replacement. Cancer forms a tumor in the body that leads to impairment of cells and other changes which make the body weak and dysfunctional.
Some types of cancers have visible growth like that of the tumor, and some are not as visible as that of leukemia. Some cancers have rapid growth of cells, while other types of cancers have a slower rate of cell growth and division. Cancer cells may develop in one part of the body and spread through various lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Causes of Cancer:
One common source of cancer is not determinable. Some argue that cancer is genetic, while others blame the lifestyle. There are many causes which result in cancer like smoking cigarettes, physical inactivity, and many more. But, one primary reason for determining cancer is not available. Risk Factors
Some of the preventable cause of cancer are:
● Excess body weight
● Lack of proteins
● Heavy alcohol
The causes as mentioned above are preventable. But, there are other causes of Cancer which cannot be prevented and age is one among them. Recent studies shown that maximum Cancer patients have Cancer due to age.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Cancer:
Ayurveda is not only a medical approach to treat diseases, but also encourages you to live a healthy life. According to Ayurveda, the body is made of five essential elements water, ether, fire, air, and earth. These elements combine to form a human body and Ayurveda is used to balance them.
The factors that balance the essential elements of the body are known as Doshas. These are:
● Vata Dosha which allows air and ether.
● Pitta Dosha for fire and water which handles digestion.
● Kapha Dosha for water and earth which gives structure.
When Ayurveda is considered for the treatment of Cancer, it aims nothing but the Doshas or combination of Doshas. Some Ayurvedic studies show that accumulation of cell growth is because of Dosha imbalance in the body, which can be prevented and treated. The disease is caused in the body when there is an imbalance of Doshas in the body. Ayurveda tries to treat the Doshas imbalance by various means.
One crucial key factor in the treatment of Cancer is prevention. Cancer can be cured with the help of Ayurveda by changing lifestyle and eating habits. Add more leafy vegetables in the diet, follow a strict exercise regime, and shun the bad habits. Slight changes in the lifestyle and use of Ayurvedic massages, meditation, and medicine, can cure Cancer. There are certain studies which suggest that Ayurveda not only help in the prevention and treatment of Cancer but also helps in the overall change in the quality of living life. Some of the world famous Ayurvedic modalities for fighting Cancer include Shirodhara, Abhyanga, Basti, and Panchakarma.
Why should you go for ayurveda to treat cancer?
Ayurveda has a solution for all the deadliest diseases in the world, and cancer is one of them. Ayurvedic medicines produce best results when the body needs to flush out the toxins. Every cancer patient can get a new life if he/she visits a good Ayurveda practitioner and religiously follow the suggested treatment.
Cancer can be treated by ayurvedic medicines or remedies in its initial stage. However, it is advisable to consult an ayurvedic specialist before opting for this treatment. Although, severe condition of cancer will need to be treated with other treatment methods.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases at this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a foolproof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie-dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, but the sugar also mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful to your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it.
I think that I am suffering from penile cancer because symptoms of penile cancer are matching to my penis. Please help me. My family don't know about it.
My mother has mastectomy surgery, malignant tumor in the breast, full mastectomy and lymph nodes under the armpit what is the cure rate of this cancer and what is the rate of return? Thank you.
I am 73 years male with symptoms of bph for the last 10 years. On tab. Urimax 400 mcg per day. Last psa done 2 months ago was 3 ng and prostate volume 50 cc. Mild symptoms only. Can I get the prostate artery embolization at chennai? Is it curable with this intervention? Can you refer to a good interventional radiologist? Thanks in advance.
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy. Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
Mastitis or Breast Infection:
Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
Fat Necrosis and Lipoma:
Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment.
Sir mere mother in law ke 1 kidney hai. Or unhe cervical cancer hai. Or kidney mai infection or cancer sari body mai ho gaya hai. Dr. ne treatment karne se mana kar diya hai. Kya koi treatment hai jis se wo bach jaye.
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause of endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
2. A watery discharge from the vagina
3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post-menopause.
3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by the elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)