Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Call Doctor
Book Appointment

Dr. Hemang Desaai


Psychiatrist, Ahmedabad

800 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Hemang Desaai MBBS Psychiatrist, Ahmedabad
800 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Hemang Desaai
Dr. Hemang Desaai is a popular Psychiatrist in Memnagar, Ahmedabad. Doctor is a MBBS . You can visit him/her at Sterling Hospital in Memnagar, Ahmedabad. Book an appointment online with Dr. Hemang Desaai and consult privately on

Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Find the best Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - - -


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemang Desaai

Sterling Hospital

Gurukul, Sterling Hospital Road, Memnagar, Landmark: Near Agracent High School.Ahmedabad Get Directions
800 at clinic
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Hemang Desaai

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have declared bipolar disorder from past 3 years so can I get a mental illness certificate from govt. Hospital for this disease for the mentally disabled quota for govt job. Please suggest what is the procedure for certificate of mental illness for bipolar disorder.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician, Alappuzha
I have declared bipolar disorder from past 3 years so can I get a mental illness certificate from govt. Hospital for ...
You have to apply the superintendent of the hospital and wait for their call fr meeting doctors in the disability board. Then you will get certificate for eligible disabilities.

ASD Autism - How Homeopathy Plays A Role In Treating It?

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Chennai
ASD Autism - How Homeopathy Plays A Role In Treating It?

Autism is a kind of disorder in which children have poor communication as well as social skills. This disorder becomes quite apparent within the initial three years of life but certain mild cases are diagnosed at the time of early schooling. There is confusion among people between what autism really means and psychiatric illness. Autism Spectrum Disorder or ASD refers to a range of conditions, mainly classified as pervasive developmental. ASD includes autism, asperger syndrome, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified. The disorders are primarily characterized by difficulties in communication, deficits faced in social life, same old behaviours and interests in a repetitive manner.

Signs and Symptoms of ASD Autism

Some of the signs and symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder are:

Social Skills:

  1. Makes very little or no eye contact.
  2. Shows resistance to being held or touched
  3. Gets too close when speaking to someone
  4. Language Development Abnormal use of pitch, rhythm or get stressed while speaking.
  5. Speak in an abnormally loud or quite voice.
  6. Use of short and incomplete sentences.


  1. Being obsessed with certain objects, ideas and desires.
  2. Get fascinated with rotation
  3. Repetitive play
  4. Attachment to objects in an unusual manner.
  5. Seeking perfection in certain areas.

How Does Homeopathy Help in Treating ASD Autism?

Homeopathy is considered to be one of the most popular alternative systems of medicine and also one of the popular alternative treatments used for autism. Generally when a patient consults a homeopath for seeking homeopathy treatment of autism, the homeopath follows the following treatment procedure:

He or she will note down the full case history of the child, which includes, his or her current medical complaints, their onset, past history, mother’s history at the time of pregnancy. The homeopath will look into the detailed family history, try and explore points of stress and certain causes behind the illness. He would assess in detail about the mental and emotional make up of the child. After all these, a homeopath would prescribe a homeopathic medicine which would cover all of the child’s ASD symptoms and conditions in the best possible manner.

3360 people found this helpful

I am a smoker who smoke 6 to 7 cigarette in a day since 7 years if I quit will my lungs be reversed.

MBBS, MD - Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Kolkata
Your lungs will mostly recover 100% if you quit smoking now in next few years. But if you don't quit now your lungs may go chronic non reversible changes. So pls quit smoking now.
1 person found this helpful

I am a 18 year old student, sometimes I feel very unusual like hitting someone's face or breaking my stuff, I also have concentration problem, like whenever I try to study or focus on something my attention goes and I start thinking and dreaming about something else, for your convenience I add that I had a brain injury during my childhood which lead to swelling in my scalp that time.

MBA (Healthcare), Ph. D - Psychology, M.Sc - Applied Psychology, MS Psychology, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT), Diploma in Psychological Medicine
Psychologist, Jhunjhunu
Relax, rest, sleep, do not read for long time at a time, read, rest, read, follow r-r-r method, rest will relax brain, eat nutrients regularly
1 person found this helpful

Doctor. I am sinking into depression last 2 months. Reason my wife's unmaturness and Childishness. She is not the courtesy to respect the elders. A week after the wedding began his childish behavior. Like on a small thing to go up on the roof and threatened to jump and sit on hunger-strike. She does not even realize that the drama of my parents and husband's parents affects dignity. When I talk to her parents . Refuse saying he let his baby brain. Unfortunately My wife was pregnant . Which I was not happy . Because I was not happy with my married life. We wanted to bring together discus abortion the child. But the whole family was not possible because of spreading the news. I thought the mother might let him be understood . But it can not. Four of last year , I 'm Sufferness her childish antics. Last year, his one act completely broke me . Which I am unable to forget. My wife's jija have a younger brother. Both runs were jokes among themselves and also used to dance together on the occasion of happiness. I was not married then . It saw her sister 's wedding video. Now m come to the point what happened. 18-Nov-15 to her jija's sister was getting married. The bride and groom at the table eating, eat . She sat at the table with him that were feeding each other food. Seeing this, I got up from there and went to the washroom and from there they watched. They were even feeding each other. Seeing this, I'm very angry. But I remained calm and want to discuss at home after marriage. They joke that the whole wedding was fellow and I continued to suffer. When I spoke on this issue in the morning at home with my wife , she avoided telling a little joke and when her parents spoke on the issue , they also touted his child 's mind by telling. But doctor I was very hurt. Even so , some have not realized her mistake . She says that is not my fault . Their thinking is wrong. She did not say sorry . And not to admit their mistake and used the old weapon and sat on hunger strike. In the last I had to finish the matter even after not my fault. The effect of all this was my job . My job did not mind . I stayed quite unhappy angry. Due to the pressure of work in the job I quit. Now I am jobless from 8 months. After leaving , I wanted to own a small business . Due to lack of money to him , but he refused the demands of our gold jewelery and the broken dreams of my own business. I have not had many interviews but no response . When steam is probably the recruiter for the pain of my face. Now I am completely frustrated, Depressed and feel helpless. I hate my wife too much. I do not like to be with her at all I have the solution for divorce from her mother -in-law also said . Then comes the reply Son, divorce cannot be possible You can get rid of her death. doctor. Please help me, what I do. I become victim of these disease insomnia, Depressed, loss interest in job, feel lonely and helpless, loss interest in sex with her, sometime comes thought commit suicide. I am consulting a doctor and taking sometime sleeping pill and alcohol for telex. Please please please tell a solution.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
This is reactive depression due to marital disharmony. Both of you go to a psychiatrist and get evaluated. He may refer you to a clinical psychologist for assessment and therapy. You need to take antidepressants, not sleeping pill and alcohol, since they will worsen depression. Anti-depressants will improve your mood, and reduce and remit your other symptoms of depression, and help you face the situation better.
1 person found this helpful

Dear doctor. I have sleeping disorder. No matter how much ever I try but I do not get sleep at all. Most of my days and nights goes sleepless. In a day with great difficulty I may manage to get sleep for only 2-3 hours. I am married since 8 months but I am totally ignored by my husband. My husband has even left me to stay with my mother and has no intention to take me back. He comes to meet us every week. But we never spend time together. This attitude of his is putting me in a depression. Whole day and night I keep crying and sulking about it. He doesn't even allow me to work. I don't have any idea what to do? Sometimes I feel like quiting my life. I tried speaking to my husband about this issue many times but he doesn't find this topic important and gives me deaf ears treatment. Which is very hurting. And I feel this is the major reason which is pushing me to sleeplessness and depression. Kindly advise what should I do?

Psychiatrist, Bangalore
Dear doctor. I have sleeping disorder. No matter how much ever I try but I do not get sleep at all. Most of my days a...
Dear, you may think of your husband's behaviour as the reason for your sleeplessness and depression. Probably you need to think what had made him to behave that way. If it is something in you, you have to try to correct it. If it is not due to your behaviour, then you should plan your future with such a husband. What will he do, if you go for a job? in what way he is going to prevent you? just think of your life before 8 months. You had some goal and you were working towards it. Please catch up with it now again. Since you are already thinking of quitting your life, it is better that you consult a psychiatrist, get diagnosed and treated. She/he may treat you with antidepressant tablets, electroconvulsive therapy and/or talk therapy. It may take few months - but it is worth. You may have to go to psychiatrist repeatedly to adjust the treatment according to your need. You will back yourself before marriage. Your husband also will see a bubbling lybrate-userinstead of a sulking taniya. Who knows, he may visit you daily and even take you to his place, if he spends happy time with you.
1 person found this helpful

I am 25 year old. I started inhaling whitener or thinner when I was n 10 standard. I abuse it for 1 year. Then in my graduation I started taking marijuana. I am not able to sleep. I have no fixed time for sleep. I am suffering from insomnia. When I take drugs I fall asleep. I am an addict now. I have also been through rehabilitation centre but I have not left drugs.

CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical Cardiology, MBBS
General Physician, Ghaziabad
First have strong desire to reform your self do alcohol 2. Reduce body wt if over wt 3. No smoking/ tobacco 4. Diet - no ghee/ butter, have mix of vegetable oils - mustard, til, ground nut, olive oil, have more green vegetables and fruits, have whole grain atta, no fried. Fast. Spicy / processed/ junk food. No sugar, potato, rice 5. 30 mts brisk walk daily 6. Deep breathing exercise for 10 mts daily 7. Meditation daily for 10 mts ,6-8 hrs of sleep at night 8. Expose your body to sun for 15-20 mts daily after some oil massage to get vit d. 9. Take more water- proper hydration. For medicine contact on private chat.

After mutual agreement me and my boyfriend broke up. Now I am experience mood swings like anything. I feel like I need to fight with someone. I get into useless arguments, I started shouting. I was a calm ,polite and wise person but now i'm becoming stupid day by day, politeness has gone somewhere. I am not sad but these mood swings like sometimes I get angry sometimes I feel lonely sometimes I cry .i do not know whats happening with me please help.

M.Sc - Applied Psychology, Guidance &Counselling, B.A., Psychology, Pharmacy, 6-month Internship
Psychologist, Madurai
Relax dear Lybrate user. I can understand the intensity of pain caused by losing a loved one. In your case I think it is the ego clash between you and your boyfriend is playing a vital role. I mean you are not willing to breakup the relationship with him unconsciously but due some superficial and tiny matters you have agreed to lose his relationship consciously. This state of mind may lead you to depression. My suggestion is "BE IN THE MIDDLE" I mean maintain a healthy relationship with him, not so deep and not so far. Never give up a relationship all of a sudden. Keep in touch with him until you get a new one. Who knows the same person may be having the same state of mind as you are in.
1 person found this helpful

Dear sir, > my daughter, aged 27 years is suffering > from schizophrenia for the last 11 years and is under > regular treatment at pgi, chandigarh since september, 2007. > she was prescribed various set of medicines during the > course of treatment. She is presently taking clozapine > 300 mg daily. As the symptoms persist, > doctors say that she would have to take medicines > indefinitely. Though my daughter is average in studies, she > spends maximum time glued to books (just staring) and often > looses cool on the petty issues, if things are not going as > per her liking. She is very introvert and has no friends, > even girls. She used to go to her educational institution > alone and did not have any interaction with her classmates. > she is m.a. In english. She does not like watching t.v. > programmes and using mobile (smart phone). She confines > herself to her room and did not like sharing meals in dining > room in the company of family members. Sometime she speaks > with herself. She is self centered and sometimes envies even > her siblings, when she observes them to be getting favorable > treatment or they are excelling in their studies and other > activities. She loves eating fast foods and enjoys > travelling in the company of parents but not with others. > she enjoys attending social gatherings like wedding parties. > she gets irritated often and do not hesitate to speak loudly > and makes ungraceful gestures to parents. She is lazy by > nature and avoids doing even petty household works like > cooking, washing and ironing clothes etc. She is very casual > about her appearance and is not fascinated by good dresses. > she often suspects her old classmates and others for > conspiring against her. She also suspects her mother and > thinks that she (mother) is always conspiring against her. > nevertheless, she never forgets to bring gifts for her on > her birthday, mother’s day etc. She is a confused > lot and her long and prolonged allopathic treatment > has not brought any favorable results. Please guide, whether > alternative therapies like cbt, ect, meditation, homeopathic > treatment etc. Could treat her completely or > partially. I discussed about these with her doctor > (senior consultant of the rank of associate professor) at > p.g.i. Chandigarh but he said that these are not effective > therapies. I came to know that > chronic cases of schizophrenia are treatable. > if it is so then > kindly send detail requirement for treatment. thanks.

Psychiatrist, Bangalore
Dear, all your daughter's behaviour are due to schizophrenia. Some persons like your daughter becomes treatment resistant. So clozapine is prescribed. The psychiatrist will increase clozapine slowly to the required dose. Cbt can be add on but not the sole treatment. It needs a series of regular homeworks. Your daughter may not be capable of doing them at the present situation. Ect will be added if she becomes suicidal, not now when she is attending college. Meditation will not be of any help. I don't know about homeopathy. Please wait with hope that clozapine will work at some dose. Beyond clozapine, there are some more drugs to be tried. Each one needs to be started at low dose and gradually increase, because we don't know the full side effects of newer drugs.
1 person found this helpful
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(12 ratings)

Dr. Parth Goyal

Parth Hospital, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(506 ratings)

Dr. Sarthak Dave

MD - Psychiatry
Vraj Clinic, 
350 at clinic
Book Appointment