Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chirag ChovatiaYour feedback matters!
Iam 19 years old man. I have head ache. I tried many medicines and take many test. But result is positive. Please give me a suggestion.
Hi. I'm suffering from severe cough from past 10 days and even with cold. Can you suggest some medicine please.
I am 35 years old man suffering from hypertension, cholesterol and thyroid since last 3 years and weight is 108 kgs. Please advise an immediate action to be taken in order to reduce weight as inspire of taking precautions weight is increasing.
What are the precaution to be taken for rheumatic fever patient? How can reduce the effect of rheumatic fever,
I am 19 years old and am having headache from last 3 days and not feeling hungry. What should I do. Plzz give me suggestions.
I am getting frequent head ache while working on system. May I know the reason as it will become normal after some time.
Hello. Thus is piyush. As I went to gym today. After coming from gym my stomach is badly pain. And pain is unbearable. So could you help me.
I am suffering from a headache problem daily, I did not watch tv, mobile,pc more than 30 min. What I have to do ?
I am sahil 21 year old male. I have some problem in my throat from more than 3-4 year but problem is increasing day by day. Many of time I suffer from foul smell from my mouth due to my throat problem because some particle of food get collected in my throat and make some big collection of it. So please suggest what to do.
I have the problem of uric acid. This is on 7 leave. I have also the problem of constipation with this. My hp (hemoglobin) is 10. Dr. suggest me febotex 40 twice a day. Please help me.
I am not having appetite. I do not feel of hungry either. When I have food I feel like vomiting and I have to have food forcefully with water. Am I having any serious problem?
Suffering from heavy cold & cough, nasal congestion, respiratory distress. What can I do immediately?
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.