Doctor in Sattva Ayurved Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Sattva Ayurved ClinicYour feedback matters!
I was treated very excellent and by proper medicine and advice, I feel better ,feel good and in short time I would be come out from prevalence cronic disease, thanks Dr Amit Patel, to cure me
The six tastes in food that we know are, Madhur (sweet), Amla (sour), Lavana (salty), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (bitter) and Kashay (Astringent). All these six different tastes have got their impact on health. Most of us eat food to avoid hunger. The most important function of foods, which people have lost touch with is the fact that foods are medicine.
The Six Tastes and Their Impact on Diseases
Most of the diseases usually occur as a result of the imbalance of the rasa in our food. Let us take a look at the six tastes and their effects:
Madhur (sweet) :
When consumed in moderate amount, it helps to promote strong body and good health. On the other hand, excess amount of madhur rasa in foods leads to kapha disorders like:
If taken moderate quantity, it is invigorating and very good for the digestive system. Excess usage of amla creates:
Salt, if consumed in moderate amount, this helps to promote growth and maintain water electrolyte balance. It also helps to improve the digestive system and elimination of wastes. Excess use of lavana ras leads to problems like:
This katu rasa, if taken in moderate amount, helps in digestion and clear up the mouth and sinuses. It also improves blood circulation and breaking up the blood clots.
Tikta rasa, when consumed in moderate amount, due to its anti-toxic nature, helps to relieve people from heated conditions, skin diseases and also reduction of fat. In excess amount, the problems that arise are:
- Depletes various elements of the body including muscles and bones.
- Creates dryness
- Leads to constipation and impotency.
Kashay rasa possesses the characteristics of cooling, drying and heaviness. When taken in moderation, this helps to absorb water, heals ulcers. Excess amount of Kashay rasa can lead to :
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Increase in constipation
- Circulatory issues.
Most people usually consume three rasas, madhur, amla and lavana. The last three rasas of Katu, Tikta and Kashaya are usually ignored as the routine foods consumed by them like rice, wheat and milk are devoid of these tastes.
A proper balance needs to be maintained on a daily basis by consuming the three rasas so that health stays fit. The three rasas can be put in the diet through having Adarak, Methi and Haldi, as they are the key sources of Katu, Tikta and Kashay Rasa. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A healthy body houses a healthy mind. And the health of a person is not just the absence of diseases, it includes the overall physical, mental, social and spiritual wellness of the body. Nowadays, a huge importance is given to the holistic treatment approach, where it is being emphasized that only medicines are not the only cure. While it was earlier believed that every health problem has a solution in a pill, the necessity of medication to solve health issues is now being re-thought upon. In fact, social awareness about self-care, fitness and right nutrition benefits an individual more than any pill available in the market.
Certain ways of imbibing knowledge on self-care without using medicines and using it to maintain a healthy life are as follows:
- Mindful eating – A well balanced diet, consisting of sufficient quantity of macro and micro nutrients, is the key to good health. One single diet does not fit everyone’s health needs. It is important to identify what your own body lacks or has in excess. Being both underweight and overweight is harmful for the body. Also, lack of nutrients like vitamins, minerals can cause certain diseases and disorders arising from deficiencies. Rather than eating just for living, it is essential to think, watch and then eat.
- Exercise routinely – Just as the body needs sufficient food to be healthy, it also needs proper exercise to maintain the energy levels in the body. Apart from regulating weight, routine exercising also helps to improve brain health and memory. Other benefits of exercising includes boosting happiness, reducing the risk of chronic diseases and increasing flexibility and self-confidence.
- Manage stress – It is always advised to never underestimate the deteriorating effects of stress. What may seem like minor symptoms due to small routine issues like work pressure, money problems, family matters can later pile up and cause harmful effects on the overall health. Identifying the need of intervention is important in an early relief from stress and preventing depression. Meditation serves as the best way to relieve stress and also in curing depression. Prescription medications and the side effects related to them can be avoided by meditating daily to calm down and relieve one’s own anxiety.
- Read appropriate literature – With the advancement of internet and unlimited access to multiple websites on health and fitness, there is vast knowledge available on every topic possible. Bu surely, not everything available on internet is authentic and reliable. It is necessary to follow self-help tips and advices that come from reliable sources and authentic websites. In case of conflicting opinions, it is best to consult a trust worthy professional for correct information.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The basic principle of Ayurvedic medicine is based on a natural and preventative means of addressing and curing the root cause of diseases. It emphasizes, restoring the natural balance of the body. A specialized branch called the Swasthavritta is present in Ayurveda, which means the science for complete maintenance of health. The concept of ‘Vegadharan’ has been explained in the Swasthavritta. ‘Vega’ means natural urge and ‘dharan’ refers to suppression, hence vegadharan is defined as the suppression of natural urges. The two main types of natural urges are Dharniya, the ones that can be suppressed and adharniya, the ones that are not supposed to be suppressed. Expression of certain signals by the body are through the reflexes or urges.
The underlying cause of various diseases has been found to be a result of an excess of the Dharniya vegas. The most common dharniya vegas that affect the mind are ‘Manasika vegas’. These are certain natural or developed urges that are supposed to be suppressed by an individual.
They are as follows:
- Anger (Krodha)
- Anguish (Vishada)
- Anxiety (Chittodvega)
- Arrogance (Mada)
- Ego (Ahankara)
- Envy (Irshya)
- Fear (Bhaya)
- Greediness (Lobha)
- Grief or (Shoka)
- Inferiority complex (Dainya)
- Jealousy (Abhyasuya)
- Lust (Kama)
- Pride (Maana)
- Shamelessness (Nirlajjata)
The suppression of natural urges that are adharniya vegas, can lead to cause ailments. There are 13 types of Udvarta rogas that correspond to the kind of suppression of the natural urges. Udvarta is the term that denotes upward or backward movement of the doshas that can cause diseases. The 13 natural urges that are related to cause diseases on suppression are as follows:
According to Ayurveda, various ailments are caused by suppression of natural urges, known as vega-vidharan. Acharya Sushruta, an ancient Indian Ayurvedic physician, who is considered the “Father of Plastic Surgery,” described 13 types of udavarta rogas, corresponding to the kinds of suppression of natural urges. Udavarta is a Sanskrit word that means upward, backward, or reverse movement of vata dosha and rogas(diseases).
These 13 natural urges are related to the following:
- Urine – Mutra vega – Can cause pain in the bladder region and urinary calculi
- Feces - Purish vega – Causes pain in calf muscles, headache
- Semen – Shukra vega – Causes swelling and pain of genitals, calculi, impotence
- Flatus – Vaata vega – Can cause abdominal pain, constipation
- Vomiting – Chardi vega- Causes rashes, herpes, skin diseases
- Sneezing – Kshavatu vega- Causes a headache, facial paralysis, neck stiffness.
- Eructation (belching) – Kasa vega – Can lead to loss of appetite
- Yawning – Jrumbha vega – Causes headache, facial paralysis, neck stiffness.
- Hunger – Kshudha vega – Causes pain in abdomen, emaciation.
- Thirst – Trushna vega – Causes generalized debility, delusion, emaciation.
- Tears – Ashru vega- Can cause running nose, pain in eyes and head.
- Sleep – Nidra vega – Can cause lethargy, pain in eyes and head, delusion.
- Rapid breathing from exertion – Shramshvas vega – Can lead to an abdominal tumor, heart diseases.
Suppression of these urges creates a defective and improper signaling in the autonomic nervous system and hence makes way for causing diseases. Natural urges or reflexes should neither be suppressed nor be initiated, as both can cause an imbalance and lead to diseases.
We live in a world today in which health drinks are really all around us. The sad thing, though, is that a lot of these drinks contain things which are ironically not that healthy! So, isn’t it a pretty good idea to use some age old and time-proven recipes for drinks which helps one lose weight and are completely natural?
There are just so many drinks which are proven by Ayurveda to help a person in the effort of losing weight. Also, they are so simple to make and the ingredients can usually be sourced from around the house. Isn’t that quite awesome? One of the best combinations for one to start off with is the combination of black pepper powder, honey and some lemon juice as well as water. All that is required to be done is to bring the ingredients together and mix them well. To be more specific, a glass of lukewarm water and about four tablespoons of lemon juice are to be added to a teaspoon of black pepper and the same amount of honey. Consistency when it comes to natural health drinks is of the highest importance. That being said, who ever knew that achieving weight loss could be so easy?
If getting these ingredients together is proving to be a little problematic, there is nothing to worry about. As long as honey and water can be found, that is a health drink right there! As a matter of fact, a very easy to make health drink happens to be hot water in which a tablespoon or two of pure organic honey is dissolved. The mixture should be drunk before one goes to bed so as to have the greatest possible impact.
When it comes to drinks for weight loss, those having honey may seem to be odd choices as honey is sweet and most people are taught that sweet stuff is a sure-fire way to go about adding on the pounds. However, honey in reasonable amounts actually helps activate the liver into making a greater amount of glucose.
Foods which have a high water content are known to be healthy and this is true for cucumber. When it is combined with some cumin, lemon and black pepper, it can really ramp up the weight loss. A medium sized, sliced cucumber, along with half a lemon juiced and with water, with small amounts of the other ingredients is what is needed. The pepper is what helps raise the metabolism so losing weight is a lot easier! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!