Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Zirakpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Rohini SamuelsYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 33 years and have a daughter that is 2 years. I am not able to reduce the weight gain that I got at my last pregnancy. I tried exercise, control diet for nearly 4-5 months and also all blood test including thyroid is normal. I am planning for the next one but the weight gain is bothering me. I was 61 kg at first pregnancy but now I am 72 kg. Please suggest.
I have diet problem issue I am just 45 kg. Please help me out I want to increase my weight give me some diet tips.
My health is very weak m not getting strong even m drinking boost in milk Becoming thin day by day I do not know what is happening to me pls tell me what should I do?
I am a obese person and have this from 4-5 years, I wanted to know what diet plan should I follow, what exercises should I do, for how long in a day should I exercise?
Hi this question is regarding to my health how my health would be hard and no other problems will occur to me as I am facing the problem for my health related issue as this will increase my chances to be perfect and fit body for me?
I want to loose some weight. My height is 5'11 and weight is 78. please suggest me a way to do this.
I feel very sleepy right after any meal. Particulary after eating fatty foods, how small the quantity may be.
I am a diabetic patient. I feel I have lose my weight very quickly specially lower part of body. please tell how to gain strength.
My wife needs gastric bypass surgery she is 43 years old and weight is 110 kg. Please advise approx cost for treatment.
Hi I weight is very less to my age. Wann to increase my weight. So have any medicine which having side infects.
Delivering a baby is a painful, but also a pleasurable moment for the mother. But if the delivery is done through a C-section surgery or what is more commonly termed as Caesarean delivery, the pain is not felt during the actual delivery since the woman in under anaesthesia. However, the real challenge is to recover from the operation. The first week is particularly critical. Here are some things you can do to manage it with less discomfort:
- The first few hours, naturally, you will be under close observation till you fully regain conscience if it was a general anaesthesia. If only the lower portion was numbed for the surgery, then also the feelings in the legs etc. will return within a few hours.
- You will start breastfeeding you baby; wear comfortable clothes so that you can feed the baby without any discomfort. If this is the first experience, learn things that you need to know through books or from friends and relatives who would have had a C-section earlier.
- You may feel more comfortable in a recliner than a flat bed. Most hospitals should be able to provide you one.
- You might be better off with a heater pad of your own, since your back may be aching considerably and bringing down the pain is essential.
- Wearing a binder around your tummy is another suggestion given by many women who have had a C-section delivery; besides helping with easing the pain, it also prevents the tummy from bulging, which you would want to avoid.
- Follow the obstetrician’s advice on having a shower and also on resuming some of your physical activities without hurting the stitches or the sutures.
- By Day 3, you should be able to resume eating your normal diet; in many cases, it could be earlier than that.
- Do take care to avoid lifting anything heavy. The heaviest object you can lift is your baby. Make your husband or any other person to help you through this period to avoid any complications later.
- How about medicines? If you are already on any kind of medication and if you had stopped any of them due to the surgical procedure, check with the doctor and resume taking the medicines.
- Keep a close watch on the food you eat, particularly since you will also be nursing your baby. Don’t hesitate to consult the doctor on things you may be fond of, but have to avoid in order to protect the kid from being affected in any way.
Pregnancy and delivery are some of the happiest moments in any mother’s life; so remain cheerful throughout and enjoy the moments. If the delivery has been done through C-section, some of these extra precautions are to be observed to make it easy for yourself to recover fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.