Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Dermatologists online in Zirakpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jatin Sharma
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Jatin SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hair loss often starts as a problem we tend to brush aside until it actually starts showing up in worrying quantities on the hair brush. Suddenly, we observe our scalp to be more visible, there is more hair in the shower drain, on our shoulders and on our seats. It is common to shed around 50 hairs in a day but when this dramatically changes to 150+ a day, you need to take action as quickly as possible.
Hair loss can occur in men and women at any age. It can be a temporary phenomenon or an ongoing one and be caused by a range of reasons like change of environment, shampoo, genetic problems, health problems and more. The main thing is to first identify the reason for the hair fall before treating it for long term solutions and nutritional deficiencies are one of the important cause of hair fall along with thyroid disorders and stress.
Here are some of the common ways to deal with hair loss at home:
- Wash it right: Detangle your hair fully and slowly before you get into the shower. That way it won't get tangled and messy when wet. Next, use cold water to wash your hair. If the water is too hot, it may dry your hair and add to your woes. The most important step here is to use the right products for your hair wash. Use a mild shampoo as much as possible and take time out to deep condition your hair. Be sure to use products that you have tried and tested before only. Last but not the least, use a hair serum after your wash to strengthen it and prevent breakage. Refrain from combing wet hair.
- Get to the root of the cause: The most common reason for hair loss in both men and women is androgenetic alopecia, also called pattern baldness. The most common occurrence happens around menopause. The other causes can be side effects of brief illness, stress and reaction to drugs. Once you catch the cause, the course of treatment can chart an effective path.
- Try medication: There are several medicines out there that promise to revitalize your locks and enhance new hair growth. These include massage oils, scalp creams and oral pills all of which can be taken individually or in combination to promote hair growth. Be sure to consult a doctor before you start on this.
- Improve your diet: Eating iron rich food with a copious quantity of protein and zinc can also work wonders to internally strengthen your hair. Pumpkin seeds, eggs, shellfish, wheat germ are some of the items you can include in your daily diet to improve your hair quality.
- Hairstyle with care: Women can start with the simple hairstyling trick of adding layers which gives a sense of volume and bounce. Couple it with large curls and you have a perfect illusion of lush healthy hair. But limit the parlor to only haircuts. Avoid the blow dry or colouring, straightening or ironing that can cause further damage.
If you are losing sleep over losing your hair, it's time you consult a professional. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Boils are a bacterial infection that inflames the hair follicles. They are usually painful and filled with pus. Boils appear as red lumps and quickly fill with pus as days go by. They eventually rupture and drain. A cluster of boils at the same place or in patches is known as a carbuncle. In case a single boil makes an appearance in any part of the body, it should not rupture as it can quickly spread the infection in other parts of the body as well.
Boils mainly occur in areas such as armpits, thighs, face, neck and buttocks. Their appearance mainly occurs in places covered with hair and tends to sweat a lot. Some of the common symptoms include red bump the size of a pea, reddish appearance of the skin near the bump, increase in size of the structure and eventually rupturing.
When to consult a doctor?
A doctor must be visited when there is more than one boil in a particular area. Some other areas of concern include:
If the size of a boil is more than 5 centimetres.
If the boil causes fever.
If the boil doesn’t heal in more than a couple of weeks.
If the boils increase in size and become extremely painful.
If the boil appears on the face.
Risk Factors of Boils:
Boils are caused by a bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus. They get entry to the skin where it is broken. Some of the common risk factors of this infection include diabetes, long-term infection, weakened immune system and other skin infection such as eczema, and acne.
A doctor is likely to diagnose boils just by having a look at it. In the case of any confusion, he might send the sample to a pathology lab for the purpose of testing. It is most likely to happen when the boil isn’t responding to any treatment. In case the boil becomes resistant to standard treatment, a doctor might take a different course of action.
Boils can be treated at home itself with a warm compressor. It not only relieves pain but helps in natural damage. If the boil doesn’t go away, a dermatologist must be consulted. On consultation, the dermatologist can make an incision in the infected area in order to drain the pus. For deep infections, the pus is drained with the help of sterile gauze. In case the boil is severe in nature, a doctor prescribes antibiotics to heal the infected area. For prevention, it should be ensured that the hand is washed frequently and especially so before a meal. The wound should be covered at all times and personal belongings should not be shared.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 23 years old female, I'm getting married in few months, my problem is tht I hve uneven skin tone, can I use kojivit gel to improve my skin tone, does it cause any side effects, how long can I use it, please help me.
During this weather fungal infections has become a very common problem.
Here are few do' s and donts:
1. Keep affected area dry including skin folds
2. Do not share cloths as these infections are communicable
3. Iron your undergarments by turning them inside out.
4. Avoid walking bare foot especially in public toilets, pools or sports changing rooms.
5. Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes.
6. Don't buy over the counter medicines from chemist shop.
7. Visit your dermatologist as soon as possible as it is fast spreading and totally treatable.