Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in CBD,Belapur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. MAYURI RAMDASI
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. MAYURI RAMDASIYour feedback matters!
Hello everyone. I am 25 year old boy. I love singing and I want to sing throughout my life. Its my life When I was 11 years old I had operation for tonsils. After that I did not notice but there is a lot of change in my voice. There is always a little cough in my throat And I can't even speak too loudly as much as singing needs Please help me and suggest me any medicine to clear my throat and voice.
When I wake up in the morning. Why my voice is low. Please give me remedy for this. I am a vocalist, so it's very irritated and my voice is getting low at afternoon. What to do the voice range high?
I am 19 years old and I have a stammering problem from my childhood its create lots of problem for me. I use lots of methods and medicine but all methods and medicine not beneficial for me please suggest me some perfect medicine for stammering . Or suggest me is there any requirement for speech therapy and I am not always stammering , I am stammering only special alphabet like as S ,P, T , please contact me as soon as possible.
I have 7 months baby. He fell off from bed 2 days ago and he is making sound which is like while going bathroom difficulty to go to motion that sound he is making for a long time. What is the reason for that? I am using sms drops and cyclopam drops for that. What is the reason for that sounding and how to overcome this problem?
My child is diagnosed with adhd. He is 6 years old. Can this disease be cured completely. Doctor say that he did not get oxygen at the time of birth. But I don't agree with them. He is very hyper and speaks some words not sentences. Doctor is giving him atomoxetine hydrochloride-18mg, sizodon md 0.5 mg, coenzyme-10.(50mg. And carbamazepine.
I have a sore throat and my voice has changed from last 2 days. I also get dry cough which worsens the throat voice again. Please suggest some remedies. Thank You.
My child is about 3 years and is not able to speak full sentence he speak only words, shall I wait and watch?
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.