Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Yamunanagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok RanaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and facing problem of nightfall since 4 to 5 years please help me and Wii nightfall cause any disease to my family members.
Hello sir I have fungal allergy near my groin area. I am using fourderm ointment from cipla. I feel relieved when I use the ointment but the allergy is not reducing. What do I do?
- There are three stages of HIV infection.
- Stage 1 after initial infection can feel like flu, but not everyone will experience this.
- Stage 2 may last for 10 years or so, with no more apparent symptoms.
- Stage 3 is when the immune system has been so badly damaged that it can no longer fight off serious infections and diseases.
- The earlier you have HIV diagnosed and start treatment, the better your likely long-term health.
- Because many people do not have any symptoms for stages 1 and 2, HIV often gets transmitted from people who simply don’t know they are infected.
The symptoms of HIV can differ from person-to-person and some people may not get any symptoms at all for many years. Without treatment, the virus will get worse over time and damage your immune system. There are three broad stages of HIV infection, with different possible effects.
Stage 1: Acute primary infection
Around one to four weeks after becoming infected with HIV, some people will experience symptoms that can feel a lot like flu. This may not last long (a week or two) and you may only get some of the flu symptoms – or none at all. Experiencing these symptoms alone is not a reliable way of diagnosing HIV.
You should always visit your doctor if you are worried you have been at risk of HIV infection, even if you don’t feel unwell or have any of the following symptoms. They can then arrange for you to have an HIV test.
Symptoms can include:
- fever (raised temperature)
- body rash
- sore throat
- swollen glands
- upset stomach
- joint aches and pains
- muscle pain.
These symptoms can happen because your body is reacting to the HIV virus. Cells that are infected with HIV are circulating throughout your blood system. Your immune system, in response, tries to attack the virus by producing HIV antibodies. This process is called seroconversion. Timing varies but it can take up to a few months to complete.
It may be too early to get an accurate HIV test result at this stage (depending on the type of HIV test, it can take anything from a few weeks to a few months for HIV to show up), but the levels of virus in your blood system are very high at this stage. Condoms are the best way way to protect yourself from HIV when having sex. Using a condom is especially important if you think you have been exposed to HIV.
Stage 2: The asymptomatic stage
Once the seroconversion stage is over, many people start to feel better. In fact, the HIV virus may not reveal any other symptoms for up to 10 or even 15 years (depending on age, background and overall health). However, the virus will still be active, infecting new cells and making copies of itself. Over time this will cause a lot of damage to your immune system.
Stage 3: Symptomatic HIV infection
By the third stage of HIV infection there has been a lot of damage to your immune system. At this point, you are more likely to get serious infections or bacterial and fungal diseases that you would otherwise be able to fight off. These infections are referred to as ‘opportunistic infections’.
Symptoms that you may have during this time can include:
- weight loss
- chronic diarrhoea
- night sweats
- a fever
- a persistent cough
- mouth and skin problems
- regular infections
- serious illnesses or diseases.
What is AIDS?
It’s important to understand that HIV and AIDS are not the same thing. AIDS is not a virus or disease in its own right - it is a particular set of symptoms. If a person develops certain serious opportunistic infections or diseases (as a result of damage to their immune system from advanced stage 3 HIV infection), they are said to have AIDS. There isn’t a test for AIDS and you can’t inherit it.
If you have advanced HIV (with AIDS-defining symptoms), it is really important to get the right treatment as soon as possible. With treatment it is still possible to recover from AIDS-related infections and diseases and bring HIV under control.
The earlier you have HIV diagnosed, and start treatment, the better your likely long-term health.
From last 9 days she had consulted skin Doctors for full body allergy remedy. But still she did not got cure,and she was under feeding baby 4 month.
I am 23 years old I have suffering from stomach pain because of indigestion of food. Because I used to non veg thri.
Sir please tell me the treatment of ringworm is it curable? or what should i do to cure it please suggest me.
One of the best known oils known to humanity is derived from the sunflower plant. This staple oil has become a part of many cultures across the world. However, not many know that the seeds apart from making the ever popular sunflower oil, can be used in many other beneficial ways on your health. The seeds are packed with health benefits and nutrients that are overall helpful for the body.
They are loaded with vitamin E, antioxidants and magnesium. They are also excellent for your heart and can keep the condition of cholesterol under check, thus directly benefitting the arteries. They can be added to your cuisine, and the possibilities are limitless. Let us have a look at some of the beneficial properties of sunflower seeds and their extraordinary healing powers.
- Cardiovascular health: Sunflower seeds contain two nutrients such as, vitamin E and folate that are very helpful for cardiovascular health. Vitamin E helps in neutralising free radicals, thus protecting the aorta and heart tissues against swelling. They reduce the chances of heart attacks and stroke drastically. Folate too is one substance that studies have proved to be very beneficial for the cardiovascular health. Try using them in its refined form, if using the seeds as a part of the sunflower oil.
- Magnesium: Magnesium deficiency is the leading cause of many health problems that affect the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems. Also, magnesium is needed for the efficient functioning of the respiratory system and heart health. Sunflower seeds are loaded with magnesium and are useful in restricting a wide variety of ailments that occur due to magnesium deficiencies. They are also known to stimulate moods, and hence can be used as a natural anti-depressant.
- Selenium: Selenium is considered as a natural antioxidant. Sunflower seeds have fabulous quantities of selenium in them and thus are very efficient in reducing redness and swelling in the body. They also act as natural detox and helps in cleansing the body.
- Copper: Sunflower seeds are abundant in copper and are helpful in the reduction of inflammation in the joints, bones, and muscles. In some cases, they are also suggested as a part of the diet when a person has arthritis. Copper content is also required for iron build-up - a component needed for blood robustness.
Sunflower seeds can be had in its roasted form, or they can be crushed and garnished as part of your cereals, smoothies, and juices. They can be even added to the recipes to increase the spice quotient or can be used as a flavor enhancer or can be eaten in their raw form. However, make sure that you avoid eating the seeds that are very sunburnt as they can cause some soreness to the mouth and can leave a bad after taste. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.