Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for LIFE CARE CLINICYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Himanshu Grover provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you Sir,Can same be used for dengue also ..& can this treatment be taken with allopathic medicines.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Himanshu Grover to be knowledgeable. Eww2
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Himanshu Grover to be professional. Okay
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Diabetes is often called the silent killer. This is because you would not even know when it sneaks up on you. It may not have any symptoms initially but once you have it, you would need lifelong administration of drugs. Diabetes or diabetes mellitus, is a metabolic disease in which sugar does not get metabolized properly in the body. This means that the blood sugar levels continue to be high, threatening the normal functioning of the body.
Types of Diabetes
There are three types of diabetes. These are:
Type 1 Diabetes: this is a condition in which in which the body does not produce insulin at all. Patients suffering from this condition may need to take insulin supplements for the rest of their life, in order to properly metabolize sugar in the body. This is a very rare, genetic condition.
Type 2 Diabetes: this is a condition in which the insulin product is impaired and there is not enough insulin in the body for metabolizing sugars properly. This leads to high blood sugar and eventually, the symptoms of diabetes.
Gestational Diabetes: This is an affliction of pregnant women. Some women’s bodies may not be able to produce enough insulin at the time of pregnancy and therefore they have excess sugar in their blood stream. Gestational diabetes may be harmful for both the mother and the baby.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produce insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
Here are a few home remedies that may help cure diabetes naturally:
Juice of Bitter Gourd:
You may consume 30ml of fresh juice of Karela/ bitter melon every day early in the morning. You can also mix it with other things to make simple recipes and consume it.
How to prepare:
Separate the seeds and mix the fruit in the mixer. Add a little bit of water and mix it in the blender. Use a sieve to obtain the juice.
Small and thin pieces of the bitter gourd are cut. Fry them with some mustard oil and the required quantity of salt. Add green chillies and onions to the pan and heat the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
Aloe Vera and Ground bay leaf:
The mixture of aloe vera gel (1 tbsp), ground bay leaf (1/2 tsp), and turmeric (1/2 tsp) is recommended to be taken twice a day before lunch and dinner for effective hyperglycaemic control.
Methi seeds, also known as Fenugreek seeds, when taken by itself or in combination with other Ayurvedic herbs, can act as an effective remedy to lower the symptoms of diabetes.
How to prepare:
Grind a few Methi seeds and turmeric together and take it with a glass of milk at least twice a day.
Soak fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight followed by chewing it in the morning.
Soak 4tbsp of fenugreek seeds in about 300ml of water overnight and chew it the following morning.
Prepare chapattis with fenugreek seed powder
The powdered seeds of Eugenia jambolana (about 1 tsp) should be taken twice a day with lukewarm water. Jamun has the beneficial property of not allowing the starch in food to get converted into sugar.
Amla juice (Embelica officinalis) (20 ml) two times a day is beneficial for a diabetic patient. You may also use powdered ‘Amla’ powder and consume it twice a day.
Banyan Tree Bark:
A decoction of the bark of banyan tree is taken (50 ml) twice a day.
Preparation method: 20 gm of the banyan tree bark is boiled in 4 glasses of water. Evaporate the water until only about one glass of the decoction is remaining and drink it when it is warm.
Cinnamon powder is probably considered as one of the most important home remedies.
How to prepare: Add 3-4 Tbsp of cinnamon powder and add to one litre of water and boil the same for about 20 minutes. Strain this mixture and cool the same. It is recommended to consume it every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Erectile dysfunction can severely limit life’s simple pleasures. It may also cause strife in one’s marital life and be a cause for social embarrassment and low self-esteem. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction According to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction is usually caused due to a number of factors which include lifestyle habits, physical as well as psychological issues. Defects within the spinal cord, injuries or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An overly abusive childhood or sex associated with guilt may also be responsible. In Ayurveda, the disorder is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this, may, thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How can Ayurveda help cure ED?
According to Ayurveda, ED is basically a condition of low vitality. Generally, vitiation of vata dosha is responsible for Klaibya or ED. On the basis of the cause, seven types of Klaibya are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts, e.g. Manasik klaibya is caused by psychological factors, Doshaj klaibya is caused by physiological factors, Shukrakshayaj is caused by deficiency of Shukra dhatu, Vyadhi is caused by some other disease like diabetes, Aghataj is caused by surgical or accidental trauma, Shukranirodhaj is caused by suppression of sexual urge and Sahaj means congenital.
Ayurveda takes a more holistic approach. The exact combination of the methods and the exact implementation chosen may vary according to the specific causes.
- Vajikarana therapy – This is a holistic cleansing process that aims to correct the bodily faults which might have been causing ED. It includes certain processes, such as controlled regurgitation, to flush out toxins from the body, specially designed Ayurvedic massages, a tailor made diet, and various other herbal concoctions which can rejuvenate one’s vitality.
- Specified drugs to correct ED – Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective as well; both in the form of special Ayurvedic medicine or home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Bringing in lifestyle modifications – Drinking excessively, smoking and consuming junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as other imbalances within the body. These may affect pressure or sugar levels in your body as well as the heart’s condition, thus resulting in ED. Ayurveda requires one to cut down on or quit certain habits related to one’s lifestyle which might be causing ED.
- Yoga and meditation – Regular exercises would definitely help in this regard. Meditation and yoga would thus be an integral part of the treatment process.
I have got so many cysts on the upper layer of scrotum They are painless but very very itchy I have got them since a year How to get rid of them?
A drastic change in the life style habits and this modern world people face many health issues in their daily life. Obesity is one of the major health issues that most people are affected with.
Obesity or being overweight is a condition characterized by excessive storage of fat in the body. When the body's calorie intake exceeds the amount of calories burned, it leads to the storage of excess calories in the form of body fat. Increased body fat puts a person at risk for many critical conditions such as heart disease, liver damage, diabetes, arthritis and kidney problems.
The most common cause of obesity is lack of physical activity, intake of excessive carbohydrates, fatty and junk food items. It might be even due to pathological or hereditary cause. Ayurveda gives many natural home remedy measures to reduces the body weight and get rid of obesity.
In Ayurveda, obesity is known as Medarog, which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body apart from controlling weight and formation of all the seven tissues - nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment for obesity begins with the pacification of Kapha Dosha. This can be done by eliminating Kapha-aggravating foods from the diet. Next, the treatment also focuses on cleansing of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Salacia Reticulata (Kotahla Himbutu),Garcina cambogia (Vrikshamla), Commiphora Mukul Resin (Guggul) and Nigella Sativa are the commonly used Ayurvedic medicines to cure obesity.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for obesity
- Lemon juice and honey: The best and simple way to reduces weight is drinking one cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in empty stomach.
- Triphala powder: Mixing two teaspoon of triphala powders a natural herb easily available at homes with 500ml of water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Strain the liquid and drink it regularly to burn the excessive fat stored in the body.
- Make cabbage as your best friend: Take one cup of cabbage daily. Cabbage contains tartaric acid and this helps to convert the sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Vyaayaama: Simple exercises are also much essential to be done alone with other remedial measures to reduce the body weight
- Avoid Sugar: Avoid white sugar and starch from diet. Prefer brown rice and other cereals in the diet.
- Control your excessive eating habit: excessive eating of junk and fast foods is the most important cause of obesity. This should be avoided and learn to eat healthy and right food at regular interval. Have only three meals per day. Diet controlling does not mean fasting so it is best advised to have small meal at regular interval.
- Herbs: Herbs like Bibhitaka (Terminalia belericia), amla (Emblica officinalis), Guggul , Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are effective for reducing the body weight.
There are many other naturally occurring items that feature prominently in Ayurvedic treatment for obesity. The key aspect to understand here is that Ayurveda stresses on the natural and easy ways in which one can lose weight without having to undergo mental or physical stress and strain.