Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Yadgir and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahadevi Patil
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahadevi PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 13 weeks pregnant I have two fibroids one fungal 8.5 cm and other anterior wall 8.7 cm they r growing big week by week. I am worried about baby. How can I shrink my fibroids.
Sago or sabudana is often considered as a super food which is full of energy and carbohydrates. Sago is basically extracted from the sago palm trees or more importantly from their stem in a starch form. In some regions, sago is also popularly known as tapioca pearls. It is one of the rich sources of starch and carbohydrates and is used as a culinary delicacy in many cuisines, especially in India. Let’s have a glance at some of the health benefits of including sago as a part of our diet.
- Aids in digestion: Pearl sago is best used as a baby food as it is easily digestible and can be great on your internal tissues. Even adults who suffer from the problem of digestion can safely include sago in the diet as it helps aid digestion and is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Nutritional Supplement: Sago grains are pure sources of carbohydrates. There are minuscule (about 2mm in diameter) but they pack a powerhouse of carbohydrates and contain little protein, vitamin C, minerals. They also have traces of calcium which can be beneficial in bone rebuilding.
- Herbal remedy: Sago is used in Ayurveda and also as a part of many home treatments in keeping the body cool. It is used along with rice to maintain the temperature of your body. It is also a staple diet in some continents and the herbal remedies using sago are widely popular in traditional spas across the world.
- Sago Cuisines: Since they are extremely comfortable with your body, sago is used in a wide variety of cuisines and can be used best as a breakfast dish as an alternative to cereal. They are also used in pancakes and they are a good source of energy to make you perform your daily activities throughout the day.
- Energy booster: Sago food is full of energy, and is often served as a dish to break the fast. If you have been recently treated for an ailment then you can look at having sago as a part of your diet. It has enough energy to combat the weakness and ailments your body has just undergone. Also, they can be safely had by any individual - irrespective of their age.
Always keep them in dry and airtight container. Moisture should be avoided at all cost to increase its longevity. The white pearls of sago become white when soaked in water and turn translucent when cooked or boiled. You can experiment a lot with sago based food and you can be sure to feel the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello sir / mam Meri date 21dec ki thi n 27 dec ko sex kiya tha is Jan 27, 28 ko teen bar test kiya teen alag company kit se teeno bar result negative aya but dats abi tak nai ayi hai please help me even mai deviry 10 mg 5 days b leli please help me n yes agr mai aboration pill lelu ki to koi problem to nai hogi I want ki periods start ho jaye I am 22 year old n unmarried please suggest me any medicine.
Pickles are considered divisive foods and different people are always at varying ends of their pickle-enjoyment spectrum. While most people love them, some do not love them at all. But regardless of whether you like them or not, you should include them in your daily diet to receive a wide range of health benefits. Most people are intimidated by the thought of having pickle shots, but they will not just zing up your taste buds, but also offer a host of benefits for your health.
Why should you have pickle shots?
- Have quite a few nutrients: There are tons of benefits of drinking pickle shots which includes relieving muscle cramps and help you stay hydrated during workout sessions. Pickle shots can inhibit electrically induced muscle cramps and the sodium and potassium content work as the electrolytes that you lose while sweating. The calcium chloride and potassium present in pickle shots is readily absorbed by the body which makes it an absolute necessity for athletes and fitness freaks. Moreover, it is free of fats which makes it an essential replacement of sugar-loaded sports drinks. If you are a regular sufferer of PMS, it will help you in easing salt carvings. But since pickle shots contain vinegar, it is quite acidic, and thus you should avoid taking them on empty stomach.
- Rich in antioxidants: Pickle shots are rich in antioxidants which can combat cancer-causing free radicals. This is especially true in case of cucumber pickle shots which is rich in Vitamin A and E. The antioxidants not just help in preventing free-radical damage, but the nutrients are better absorbed by the body owing to the acidic nature of the pickle shots.
- Improves gut health: Moreover, pickle is a form of fermented food which proves to be effective for the digestive system and improves gut health. Vinegar helps in relieving bad breath, and thus, you can have pickle shots to freshen up breath.
- Controls blood sugar: Last but not the least, pickle shots can help in controlling blood sugar. If you have type 2 diabetes, then pickle shots can regulate blood sugar levels after a meal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
At first time penetration the hymen breaks and bleeding compulsory or not in all girls? What was the reason for bleeding and non-bleeding it indicates virgin?
My periods are irregular since 5-6 months and also I get very severe stomach ache during periods and they last for more than 15 days since few months. My mum and sis are diagnosed with PCOD. Are there chances that I am suffering from the same.
We are trying for baby. We both had done required test all test results are very good. There is nothing to worry according to reports. But still there is no good news since a year. Please suggest something helpful.
Trying to conceive I am a 25 years married women. My husband age is 32 years. We are trying to conceive from last 8 month. My period is regular and cycle and flow is also normal. My husband had done a test of sperm count which is also normal. My hemoglobin is 12 nd thyroid is also normal. We both can not understood where we are going wrong from last 8 month. Please suggest us.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity.
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30 ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
- Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one-day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines, or cordials.