Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Yadgir and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahadevi Patil
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahadevi PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years female, I am married, I don't know about me, but my hubby got so many pimples on his penis after getting intimate with me it burns like anything it's been 1 year those pimples are not going. We showed to so many doctors but they just keep changing the tablets but none of them is working out on him. Bcoz of dis disease we don't get intimate also its been more than 6 months. One double said this disease name is called herpes. Please help us.
Hi I am 4.5 months pregnant, Mere cervix me gap aa gaya tha isliye mujhe utres me stiches lagaye h, mujhe kya precautions rakhne chahiye. Pls help.
Is there is to worry if after taking unwanted-72 there is abdominal pain and after 1 day there is white secretion from vagina is there is chance of pregnancy.
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are a few things that you must first know about rice.
Rice contains negligible fat.
Rice is easy on the gut, eases bowel movement and rids you of bloating.
Rice has starch, about 10%, but understand that starch is a source of energy for the body and energy is essential for the body.
Rice keeps your skin fresh.
Rice, when eaten with dal/sabzi/meat/dahi, etc reduces the sugar increasing property of the meal and that is good for diabetics.
It has essential amino acids, which when consumed with dal or dahi, for example, completes the amino acid profile. Thus for a vegetarian even rice with dal or dahi can become a complete protein food.
Rice is carbohydrates so most people are told to avoid it in dinner. No food should be viewed in isolation considering a single nutrient from it. Rice has essential nutrients and carbs are essential for our body and have a calming effect, therefore great as a dinner option.
Rice has fat burning properties.
Eat the rice that is, hand pounded or single polished and which is pale whitish and you don't need to opt for brown rice.
So, let go off your fear or guilt of eating rice or for that matter any food that you have grown up eating. Eat it as much as your body needs, in the right amount and your body will never let it go wrong. Eating rice should make you feel happy. Is that not what eating food should give you- happiness.