Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Wayanad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jasith Manzoor Kallangodan
Submit a review for Dr. Jasith Manzoor KallangodanYour feedback matters!
Hi I was affected by pcod problem and got treated. Now my periods are normal. But hair growth on chin, upper lip and body make me to worry lot. Please give me some solution to reduce hair growth.
My father has back bone pain problem. When he sit for a long time his backbone at lower side pains too much. When we go to x-ray and other report got swelling in lower backbone at the end. Suggest treatment. It is about 4 months. A little treatment he takes but there is no relief. Please suggest treatment.
Hi, My wife had got periods on 21stJune2018. After that, we were into sex 10 and 11th day with no safety. Possible to get pregnancy?
Pls suggest a good skin lighten cream which does not contain hydroquinone and steroid. Pls doctor. Pls help me to get a clean skin.
I ve pcos nd so lot of facial hair are growing on face so tell me home remedy to get rid of unwanted hair I ve done laser sitting but no effect seen.
I am 61 years old. I have glucose (fasting)- 124 but glucose (PP-2 hours)- 88.4. Doctor has prescribed Glycomet 250 mg (1-0-1), Should I take this medicine?
Sir I have high triglycerides 349 and LDL cholesterol 65 other things are normal, my doctor prescribed me TVS-FB tab but I don't want to take allopathic medicines for long time. Can I take Arjuna Tablets, Lasuna Tablets & Shuddha Guggulu Tablets at a same time to get rid of it.
I was prescribed a 5 days course of meprate 10mg tablets by my doctor. One in the morning and one in the evening. I took the tablets mrng and evng for two days. I missed taking the tablet on the evening of the third day. But I continued the course normally and took the tablets as usual on the morning and evng of day 4 and 5 plus the remaining one tablet on morning of day 6. I have been told that I should get my periods within 3-4 days of completing the course. Now will I get my periods as usual?
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.