Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Wardha and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnil Wahane WahaneYour feedback matters!
Hello docter! my lips is not pinkish and plumpy. Always getting dried and it looks disgusting. How to make my lips pinkish?
Sir I m 20 years old. Last couple weeks I have noticed I have increased itching in random areas of body, around my ankles, hands, palms, back, waist, and on top of hands. I don't have hives or irritation or any flaring of skin but I scratch just enough where I leave scratch marks on my skin. It feels like something is crawling underneath skin. I try to rub but occasionally it is not enough that I end up scratching. This to me is not something normal.
Dear sir My sister is having serious problem in leg with thick black skin with itching and as per doctors advice done biopsy and the results read as" Histopathological features are suggestive of lichen planus-Hypertrophic variant"
My hand finger are too dark in compression with my body complex and looks like old age hand there is so many wrinkles on my hand and looks darker kindly suggest some useful answers I m only 28 year old.
In my underarm there red colour spot is been developed earlier due to multiple times etching There is brown colour spot & patch is been developed in that area . It's very irritating and causing urge to each it doc please suggest some primary treatment on it.
I am 49 years female. I have dark circles under my eyes. Please suggest some home remedies. Also suggest some home facial to keep clean the face.
One of the doctor told me to apply rose hip oil only for 5 min What will happen if I apply rose hip oil on face for more than 10 mins?
I am 23 years old male. I was so fair when I was young. Now due to high exposure to sunlight, I have become dark. What cream should I use to protect my skin from sunlight (please suggest me a cream which do not cause pimples) and how to regain my fairness (please suggest good brands)
I am 24 years old and mere upper aŕm or back p but sare black heads h .m kya apply kru bcz ye but long tum c hai please I need help.
Like most things in life, the uterus also has both good and bad sides to it. It is a symbol of womanhood and also carries the developing baby. The bad side is that it brings with it (and its appendages) many problems including dysfunctional uterine bleeding, endometriosis, fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterovaginal prolapse, adenomyosis, a pelvic pain of unknown origin, cancer of the uterine cavity and other obstetric complications.
Hysterectomy is one of the most commonly performed procedures and ensures complete relief from these symptoms. There are however, multiple procedures, which can be used to manage these conditions without having to resort to removal of the uterus. This can help in preventing complications from hysterectomy including prolonged recovery, infertility in women of childbearing age and loss of womanhood.
Read on to know some of the emerging conservative alternatives to hysterectomy:
Myomectomy: Where there are fibroids, which are in the smooth muscles of the uterus and show symptoms like pain and discomfort. In these, it is advisable to go for a myomectomy. This removes only the fibroid, leaving the uterus in place. It can be done in one of the 3 ways traditional surgical process through an incision; laparoscopically through minute incisions; and then through vagina. In all these, only the fibroid is removed and sent for biopsy to confirm it is benign. It is less invasive, requires less recovery time and helps retain the uterus.
Uterine endometrial ablation: In cases of dysfunctional uterine bleeding or menorrhagia with no fibroids, the lining of the uterus could require removal. In these women, thermal balloon ablation, cryoablation, and radiofrequency ablation can be used. A small amount of extreme heat or cold or radio frequency waves are used to remove the uterine lining, thereby managing symptoms.
Uterine artery embolization: In women with fibroids, the feeding arteries could be cauterised to ensure blood supply is stopped so that fibroid growth is stopped. With very promising success rates, this is gaining popularity as a conservative method.
Laparoscopy and endometriosis excision: In endometriosis, where the uterine tissue is growing in areas outside the uterus, it could be removed laparoscopically after identifying the area of growth on ultrasound and laparoscopy.
Vaginal pessary: In women with uterine prolapse, the uterus drops from its normal position, pushing against the vaginal walls. This can be due to vaginal childbirth, age, smoking and obesity. Vaginal pessary is where a removable device is placed into the vagina to prevent it from falling down. It is a temporary solution, but very useful in holding the uterus in place and relieve symptoms partially or completely.
In all these, medical management (painkillers and hormone replacement), stress and weight management, quitting smoking, reducing alcohol are also essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What can be the reason my lips and mouth are looking different and when I close my lips they look very different. And I am not comfortable.
Mujhe ek saal se rectam ,vagina me burning sensation hai after stool. Feet ne bhi burning sensation hai. No plies, fissure urine culture test negetive. Kyon se doctor ko check karau perio bhi theek hai. Muhje GERD ki problem hai jiski medicine le rahi hu. Diet plan se diet le rahi hu.
What is the treatment for black heads and how to avoid it. Is there any ointments to cure black heads?
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun.