Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Wardha. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip Sane
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip SaneYour feedback matters!
Aesthetic dermatology is another word for cosmetic dermatology. This branch of science aims to work on the way a person looks. It involves procedures that can rid you of pimples, acne, skin pigmentation, birthmark or may be a mole. It is often argued that aesthetic surgery can't be called medical because it in no way deals in disorders or diseases, that is to say it doesn't treat root causes.
However, constant discoveries and research in the field of cosmetic surgery have shown how greatly they can treat skin problems and can improve your physical appearance. Aesthetic surgery mainly focuses on facial skin. It is wrong to think only film personalities or media professionals go in for these modes of treatment. Many people, who feel inadequate because of their looks, opt for these procedures. Aesthetic surgery is indeed a boon for they relieve you of psychological pressure.
Different ways in which it helps you:
- Treats chronic skin conditions and surface blackheads: Blue light therapy successfully fights bacteria, thus preventing the growth of acne. It has also been used to get rid of eczema, which is a discomforting condition with serious symptoms like irritable and itchy skin. Comedo extraction is possible through chemical peels. Chemical peels can work wonders with a patchy, discolored skin and facial blackheads.
- Fat injections and liposuction: So many people wish to have full lips. This is possible with the help of fat injections. Injecting collagen or fat deposits, having extracted them from some other part of your body, can give you fuller lips. Liposuction can be used to remove excess fat from your body further making your skin look taut.
- Treats Spider veins: Does your face resemble a leaf with bluish purple veins showing? If yes, you probably have spider veins. Spider veins can be cured with the help of laser treatment. Exposure to laser can repair capillary breakages while it makes the veins regain their original size.
- It can remedy hair loss: Uncontrollable hair loss is depressing for both men and women. Clinical studies have found out injecting plasma, rich in platelets, into the scalp can accelerate hair growth.
- It helps in decreasing pore size: Botox is a tried and tested way to reduce the size of your skin pores. As you age, increased pore size leads to a dull skin. Botox can help you look young.
- A reliable cure for cellulite: Fibrous bands often show on the skin of your hands, thighs and neck. It creates a dimpling effect that makes you look saggy and fat. Cellfina is a procedure in aesthetic dermatology, capable of treating cellulite. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Almost everyone has scars on their body that tell tales of falls, accidents or surgeries. However, in some cases, these scars can mark a person’s appearance and affect their self-confidence. In such cases, the person may consider scar revision surgery. As the name suggests, this surgery aims to minimise a scar and make it more consistent with the surrounding skin colour and texture. Anyone can undergo scar revision treatment. Some of the factors to be kept in mind while considering such treatment are:
- Location of the scar on the body
- Functional impairment resulting from the scar
- Likelihood of functional impairment after scar revision surgery
- Quality and skin type of the affected area
- Availability of surrounding tissue
Scars can be revised surgically as well as non-surgically depending on the type of scar. Non-surgical treatment for scars includes the use of skin lightening creams. Microdermabrasion and skin resurfacing. Dermal fillers may also be injected into the skin to reduce fine lines and deep creases.
In case creams or others do not work, surgery in the form of Scar revision is required. It involves removal of scar and re-adjustments of tissues near by. The results are very satisfactory. And wherever the re-adjustments is not possible, rarely skin grafting or flaps are required. The ultimate result will be far better than the scar usually.
- Skin grafting: This is a procedure that is used to treat small but deep scars. It involves the removal of skin from one part of the body and it being placed over the affected area to hide the scar. This new tissue promotes the growth of new healthy skin cells in the injured area. Skin grafts may also be used for injuries that scar improperly or injuries that do not heal well on their own.
- Skin flap surgery: Treatment of larger scars is better suited to skin flap surgeries. This procedure involves a large transplant of skin, fat, blood vessels, nerve tissues and muscle from one part of the body to another. This is used only in extreme cases.
When it comes to scar revision, no form of treatment, if perfect and multiple treatments may be required. The main goal here is to make the patient more comfortable with his or her appearance even if the scar is not completely removed. Hence, it is very important to have a realistic expectation from the surgery in terms of both aesthetics and functionality. For this, the patient and cosmetic surgeon need to understand each other and have a common view of the desired results. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!