Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishnu Prasad
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu PrasadYour feedback matters!
My wife is having problem with right hands. She feels pain while lifting weight and while monthly periods. I shown to doctor, he says it is problem with blood circulation, we have not taken any medicine, we are afraid of overdosage. All this happened because of overdosage earlier given by doctor. She has admitted in hospital for 2 months. She can't take any painkillers, if takes she will get tired and looses are thinking power. What to do pls. Advice.
Hello Sir and mam, I'm Rakes and I just want to solve my mothers problem. Now my mom face hairfall problem. She is also a diabetic. And now she take homeopathic for that. Now she wants to stop her hairfall. So please suggest me for her.
Hi doctors. How many grams of sugar and carbohydrate can a pridibatic person can eat in a day. Is honey good and safe for pridibatic person? please suggest. Thanx.
Hi, I'm 32 unmarried, I masturbate since m 15 years old. My penis size not grown as it supposed to be and when I had sex with my gf, I ejaculated immediately before I leave insert fully, please guide how to get rid of it, as my gf want to me to perform for long. And my foreskin is tight and can't take my glans out even when erected. Please help. Medicine/treatment/home remedies. Thank you.
My father (62 age) is heart patient and diabetic both. We are very confused on his diet because every item either shoot up his BP or have sugar issues. Please guide on this. I am also concerned over his regular alopathic medicines which he has been taking as per doctors prescription for last 10 years.
My husband is 39 years old male. He had epilepsy problem after head accident (3 times operation of head) from 3 years. Now he take the medicine eptoin 100 3nos. Please advise.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when your child take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper children's general well-being, their ability to enjoy food, appearance and their precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your child's tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse the teeth, try to reinsert your hild's teeth in the socket. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think your child can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of your child : If there is bleeding, give your child's mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give your child a treat: This is a great way to get their mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat them with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on their gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help them to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a child's dentist at earliest: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist at the earliest, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue. The sooner , the better it is.
Your children's teeth need to last their lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult your child's dentist.