Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 14 year old boy. As I am aware of my sexual life, I would like to start masturbation. But I don't know anything about masturbation. I have some questions related to it. How to do masturbation? What tools should I use? Is there any cream or liquid that I shouldn't use? During masturbation, can I finger my anus? Before fingering should I use lubricator? What can I insert in my anus? Will masturbation hurt?
My stool time it's very horrible early morning. I have changed my diet since last two days but I have not stopped alcohol. Burning and bleeding In stools. Please help me out docs.
Any homeopathic medicine for bartholin gland, I feel it is not infected as it does not pain or irritates, but is a big lump.
I am suffering from night fall from last 5-6 years. Please give consultation how to cure this problem as soon as possible. It's really very embarrassing for me.
My mother have problem of diabetes, b. P & thyroid. So please consult right precaution & home made remedies.
Priapism is a disorder where the blood flow to the male reproductive organ is severely disrupted, which results in blood being trapped inside it. This will result in a prolonged erection even after sexual arousal has diminished which is not only painful but, may even disrupt your normal life. It's medical emergency. If not relieved priapism well in time, it may lead to gangrene of the organ and amputation may be required!
Arousal and Blood Flow
When a man gets sexually aroused, the body supplies blood to his pelvis and penis. As soon as blood enters in the penis, it enlarges the vessels making the tissues turgid with blood and thus results in an erection. Once sexual arousal has gone down, the blood returns back and ensures that the penis returns to its flaccid state.
Problems with Blood Flow
Priapism occurs when the blood inside the penis is trapped even after sexual arousal has gone down. When blood fills the chambers of the penis known as corpora cavernosa it engorges the tissue. However, even after sexual arousal goes down the blood may remain trapped within keeping the penis erect. These erections may last for hours causing severe pain and even hamper sexual arousal later.
Types of Priapism
There are two types of Priapism which are:
- Low-flow Priapism: This form of priapism has been primarily attributed to sickle-cell anaemia, blood cancer or even malaria. You need to get treatment urgently as regular occurrences of these can cause scarring and even lead to permanent erectile dysfunction.
- High-flow Priapism: This type of priapism is comparatively rare and is less painful. This usually occurs due to an injury to the penis, scrotum or anus. It may hamper normal blood flow to the penis due to the rupture of an artery in the scrotum or the groin area in general. Correcting the underlying injury or the problems can usually quickly correct this form of Priapism.
Some causes of priapism may include:
- Sickle cell anaemia may cause Priapism most of the time
- Side effect of intrapenile injection or Medications to treat other disorders are one of the major causes of this disorder
- Injuries in the genital area or spinal cord
- Sometimes it can be caused by insect bites from specific insects like the scorpion or black widow spider
- Minute poisoning through different gases such as carbon monoxide
- Use of drugs like marijuana and cocaine
There are simple symptoms for the disease like:
- Rigidity in penile shaft
- Tip of the penis remains soft
- Severe pain in the organ
- Penis remains erect for a long time(more than two hours) without any sexual arousal
All the treatments revolve primarily around reducing the erection so as to prevent permanent damage and thus prevent erectile dysfunction. It's medical emergency. Consult doctor immediately. Some treatments, which are used to cure Priapism are:
- Ice packs
- Needle therapy to drain the blood from the penis and reduce the erection
- Sometimes, your doctor might suggest blocking the problematic artery to prevent blood flow causing an erection
- If you have low-flow priapism then the doctor might suggest surgery to drain the blood if all other means and options fail
I am staying in bangalore since 2 years. Whenever I woke up in morning I start sneezing. How to get relief? Please advice.
I have running nose for 5 months. After i Take medicine it's OK but after few day again repeat. What should I do?
I have sharp pain in my urine tract and I file burning sensation after urine. I have taken antibiotics" Urifast capsule" for 10 days but still I feel pain in my urine tract. My urine colour is yellowish and feel frequent need to urinate. I don't feel any abdomen and back pain only feel pain in my urine tract. What should I do?
My penis is small and I want to make harder and thicker and longer suggest me something and I want to I crease my sperm what should I do.
I am nt able to satisfy my gf more than 1 min or sometime before romance and if I do sex She did nt feel anything due to my small penis. Kindly suggest.
I have my body so heat and I have sleeplessness in the night please tell me sir how to get sufficient sleep thank you.
Good evening sir this is asif iqbal this side I want to confirm that our family is suffering from chicken gunia virol fever so that I need your suggestion to avoid this decease. Thanks regards Asif iqbal.
I have started having an itching problem in private parts. It occurs specially after periods, and persists for longer time. One of my family doctor has suggested to use V wash and surfaz d . Though it works in reducing the itching but problem is not cured. Please suggest.
Pain in ankle bone. The bone has enlarged. Can not walk properly for 20 to 30 steps after sitting for 30 minutes at one place.
Many times we forget about the importance of our health in the race to pursue our careers and goals. We take our bodies for granted and keep working them without stopping for a breath. While some may have mastered this art, there are many who may not be able to cope with such a lifestyle and may end up falling ill. The most common problem that most people suffer from is stomach upset, gas, or stomach pain, and all of this may be because of not eating right or having irregular eating habits.
It is due to such problems that people fall ill and then go to the doctor with a problem that may take much longer to treat. However, if the patient starts to check in with the doctor before the stomach pain worsens, it may be easier to treat because very often the pain arises from stomach ulcers. Ulcers are sores that are caused on the lining of the stomach or the oesophagus or even on the intestines. In serious cases, the sores may cause great damage to the stomach and may lead to much worse issues. However, with the right intake of food, the damage may be controlled in combination with medicines and treatment from experts.
Foods to avoid
In controlling the spread of stomach ulcers or peptic ulcers, it may be important to know the food that should be avoided so that the medicines and treatments taken for controlling the problem may work better. Here is a list of foods that you should avoid:
- Hot beverages such as tea, coffee, cocoa and milk should be avoided because they cause acid imbalance in the stomach.
- Anything that may contain caffeine should also be avoided.
- Alcohol should be completely avoided by those suffering from peptic ulcers.
- Citric or sour drinks such as grape or orange drinks should also be avoided for remaining at ease.
- Any spicy powders or seasonings, such as pepper, chilli powder and garlic should be excluded from the diet.
- Anything that is made from milk or cream and is extremely fatty in nature should not be consumed.
- Flavoured cheese that is strong and spicy should not be eaten.
- Meats that include high levels of fat or those that are highly seasoned should be completely avoided.
- Chillies or peppers in any form should be kept away from your diet.
- Anything that is made from tomato should also be avoided, such gravy, sauces or raw tomatoes.
When you start to keep your diet clean and healthy, it may be much easier for your doctor to cure you of stomach ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.