Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in vishakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Venkateswararao HanumanthuYour feedback matters!
Hi, Now my Age is 26 years, I have sight from 12 years, I'm bored from glasses. How to get rid of this.
Mere friend ke bete ko retinities pigmentosa ki vajah se dikhta nahi hai mujhe iske liye advise dijiye ?
Am a 27 years old male suffering from redness in my eyes with little pain and blurred vision for the last three years. It stays for 2-3 days and recurred within 15 days or a month. The doctor gave me two eye drops - Winolap and Tearplus. After using prescribed eye drops, I got relief but it recurred within a month. Working on computer, watching TV makes the problem worse. I consulted another doctor who recommended Lotepred eye drop and Lacryl eye gel. Why am I suffering from persistent redness in the eyes?
I am a 19 year a old boy for two days I am suffering from fever and headache can't open my eyes , didn't know the taste of food I have taken some medicines which my doctor suggest to me But still no change What to do ? Really very fast please.
I haven't able to sleep at late nights, try to do some work, study work, try to spend my time on computer, watching movie full nights, but it cannot helpful for completing my sleep. What should I do?
I have red eyes from 2 days and it seems like my eyes are burning what the problem or disease I am suffering.
Sir, I am a computer operate, so when I work compture my eyes do pain So please get me a solution that what I do.
I'm 17years old. I can't sleep at nights properly and I'll get some visions sometimes I don't know what to do and when I wake up in the morning my teeth will be chewing. Can you help me?
Hello sir, sir m facing itching problem at sights of my legs. Its had 1 month approx and its increasing day by day . At the itching portion , that part is totally dry .i can see a white powder type dryness at that portion . I tried lucobat gm . Its gets me relief for a while but it's not a permanent solution .
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.
I have developed eye floaters in both my eyes. I use one day disposable lens. Its approx -11 in my right and -12.5 in my left eye Have also gone through retinal checkup. According to the doctors my retina is fine But at night I see some spots and even when I yawn there is slight lights coming in the corner of my both the eyes. I actually want to get rid of al this! Any special treatment or something?
Causes and Symptoms of Hypermetropia You Need to Know About
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight
I am 68 Male, having pain in my backside of head almost regularly. Some times it goes automatically but most of the time, I have to take Dispirine etc. My eyes too are etching and watering regularly especially when reading or sitting on TV/computer. Kindly suggest some remedy, thanks.
My aunt is 35 years old nd have an allergy in both eyes? She diagnosed with this allergy in every year (both summer nd winter season). How can she be overcome with this allergy.
How is the cylindrical power of -3.75 for a 4+ year old kid going to affect him in his daily regular life and also his higher education studies when he grows up? Treatment going on. Specs ordered.
Young 21 year old came today with complains of pain and watering after something fell in his eye during a joy ride on his friends new bike . Resulting in a Corneal Ulcer .