Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Visakhapatnam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swarnalatha Rao
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Swarnalatha RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old New mother. After cesarean I am facing some weakness, backache and body pain after few work. My diet is also normal. Intake of water is also adequate. What should I do to recover and lesser belly fat as tummy getting bloated more n more? Tia.
My right leg pains alot, starting from my right bum down to my thighs and sometimes till my ankle. Is it sciatica?
I have a condition where my left side of the hip makes a clicking noise when I engage in leg raises exercise. There is a soft snapping noise when I bring my legs down. This only occurs on the left leg/hip. I read up on this and apparently it is caused by the tendon moving over the bone. What would you recommend? Thank you for your advice in advance.
Can cervical spondylosis causes mild pain in ribs which is felt only on deep breathing? What should be done to recover this?
I have pain in both knee continuously, even do all possible exercise, but pain continue. 6 years back surgery have done in my right knee. Age 31 yrs.
My smaller toe got hit on a table 6 months ago and I did not seek any medical help. But its pain reduced eventually. But there is still a pain from the toe joint when forcefully bending it. What is the problem?
I have spondylitis for past 10 years but not severe but now it has worsened and both upper arm have severe pain. Also shoulder is paining. Now I am undergoing physiotherapy but still pain.
Knee joint surgery is a long and arduous procedure in most causes. However, outpatient procedures sometimes take less than an hour and require minimal recovery time. It is commonly conducted in cases of:
- Progressive arthritisa
- Injury, dislocation or fracture
- To fix deformities
If one is aware of these informative tips post-surgery, recovery can be a less painful and easier process :
- Clean linen sheets to prevent infection to the wound
- In case of pain, ice packs over the bandage can be used. However, one should be cautious as extended use of ice can result in cold burns
- Installation of preventive fall equipment is necessary to ensure that the patient does not sustain further injuries post-surgery.
- Knee surgery recovery can be very time consuming in which case, the patient may experience high levels of anxiety, and depression. A close friend should be available in times of emotional need to reduce negative feelings.
- Crutches and other supportive objects should perpetually be in close proximity to the patient as it can be very difficult for patients to reach their close destination without the help of these necessities when in need.
- In case of intensive pain attacks, the patient should be taught relaxation techniques such as breathing in and out or breathing intensively in settled intervals
- The patient should be put on a strict diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates and healthy fat to allow faster recovery
- The patient should also get 8-10 hours of sleep daily to allow the system to recover on its own
- The patient should not put pressure on their body during the recovery time, especially the injured area
It is a prerequisite for the families and loved ones of the patients to show emotional support as feelings of isolation can cause further pain to the patient. Along with that, the patient should keep a positive attitude during the course of their bed-rest time. If one keeps these tips noted, recovery can be a less arduous condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!