Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunanda Rani G
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunanda Rani GYour feedback matters!
A well experienced doctor and very friendly
Dear doctors, which dates are safe for sex without using any contraception when the dates of period is 13-15th per month? please clearly mention the dates and if there are any chance of pregnancy.
Dear doctor We are trying for baby since last year december. But it's not happening. I have done semen analysis ant sperm count is 56m/ml then motility 60% .But my penis is little short so it's just go 2 inc inside of vagina when I ejaculate .And all sperm comes out when she wokup after 20 min. So is that reason for not getting pregnant. 2 in inside ejaculate does not go forward?
What are the physical symptoms in body in very first month of pregnancy. And maximum days of delay of periods after having unprotected sex from regular periods.
My wife is 35 years. She had mirena for last 4 years and it has been removed 1year back. We are planning for a kid. She has heavy bleed during periods like water flow and it lasts for 5days. Will there be any problem if we go for pregnancy at this age?
Today is my first day of periods and I was taking birth control pills. And I have stop before itself in the month of April but till know I didn't conceive .so can I take tab fol 5.
I am 14 weeks pregnant how do I feel baby in womb is doing activities. So that I can feel baby movements pls suggest.
Hi im 19 years old and my bf is of 23 years old .yesterday we had unprotected sex .my period date for this month is on 12 nov and he removed his penis as soon as sperm came .i am worried that if I get pregnant, should I consume any pill or have test.
I am 25. My serum prolactin level is 30.47. I am not pregnant. It seems like the normal range is upto 24. How can I reduce my prolactin level? How does it affect my chances to conceive?
What is cat scratch disease?
Cat scratches and bites can cause cat scratch disease, a bacterial infection carried in cat saliva. Research suggests a cat may get these bacteria from fleas. The bacteria are passed from an infected cat to a human after the cat licks an open wound or bites or scratches human skin hard enough to break the surface of the skin. Kittens younger than one year of age are more likely to scratch, increasing the likelihood of infection.
What causes cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease is caused by a bacterium carried in the cat saliva. The bacteria are passed from an infected cat to a human after the cat licks an open wound or bites or scratches human skin hard enough to break the surface of the skin.
Who is at risk for cat scratch disease?
Factors that can increase your risk for getting cat scratch disease include:
- Being around cats on a routine basis, especially kittens that are more playful and apt to accidentally scratch you
- Not cleaning scratches or bites from a cat as soon as you get them
- Allowing a cat to lick any open wounds that you have
- Being around a flea infestation
What are the symptoms of cat scratch disease?
These are the most common symptoms of cat scratch disease:
- A cat bite or scratch that becomes reddened or swollen within a few days and does not heal or worsens over time
- Painful or swollen glands, especially under the arms (if scratched on the arm or hand), or in the groin (if scratched on the foot or leg)
- Flu-like symptoms including headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, or fever
- Body rash
The symptoms of cat scratch disease may look like other conditions or medical problems. Always see your healthcare provider for a diagnosis.
How is cat scratch disease diagnosed?
Diagnosis is based on a complete history, including a history of being scratched by a cat or kitten, a physical exam, and sometimes blood tests.
How is cat scratch disease treated?
Your healthcare provider will figure out the best treatment based on:
- How old you are
- Your overall health and medical history
- How sick you are
- How well you can handle specific medicines, procedures, or therapies
- How long the condition is expected to last
- Your opinion or preference
Treatment may include:
- Antibiotics (to treat the infection)
- Caring for the symptoms that result from the infection. In most cases, no antibiotics are needed, and the infection will clear on its own.
What are the complications of cat scratch fever?
Most healthy people don’t have complications from cat scratch fever. However, people whose immune systems are weak (such as those who have HIV/AIDS, are receiving chemotherapy, or have diabetes) can have complications such as:
- Bacillary angiomatosis. A skin disorder characterized by red, elevated lesions surrounded by a scaly ring. This condition may become a more widespread disorder that involves internal organs.
- Parinaud's oculoglandular syndrome. A condition that involves a red, irritated and painful eye similar to conjunctivitis (pink eye), fever, and swollen lymph nodes in front of the ear on the same side
Can cat scratch disease be prevented?
Avoid being scratched or bitten by cats or kittens. If scratched or bitten, wash the area right away with soap and water. Do not allow cats to lick wounds you may have.
When should I call my healthcare provider?
If a cat scratch or bite becomes red or swollen and you develop flu-like symptoms, including headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, or fever, contact your healthcare provider.
Key points about cat scratch fever
Cat scratch disease is an infection caused by a bacterium in cat saliva.
- The disease causes redness and swelling at the site of a cat scratch or bite, and flu-like symptoms.
- If you are scratched or bitten by a cat or kitten, it is important to promptly wash the area with soap and water.
- Cat scratch disease can be treated by antibiotics.