Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikrishna Chalasani
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srikrishna ChalasaniYour feedback matters!
My 3rd molar tooth is erupting from 1yr. I am not taking any medication regarding the inflammation (its not severe) or pain. Should I take it seriously or will it subside by time?
Hi, I have lumps in both side of my jawline (near submandibular gland. It is not visible. I can feel it when I touch. Left side lump is bigger than the other one and when I touch pain is there. It is movable, when my neck is in straight position I can't touch on it. My lips and tongue has injury (bitten while having food) also my throat is dry. Is there anything serious? I'm anxious.
Which oil is swishing around d teeth for teeth whitening ?Please advice some another home remedies for whitening teeth as soon as possible.
My four teeth has grown outwards which gives bad look to my face. I am 20 years old .Can I get it into shape. If yes, how much Will it cost to me?
Sir mere tongue me red colour ka Dana tonsil k pass h Maine dentist OK dikhaya woh bole kch v nhi h ye pet ki garmi ke karan hua h sir Maine aaj tk kvi v koi nasa nhi kiya h lekin oral cancer k bra me mujhhe jnna h kya oral cancer ushko v Ho skta h jo kvi nasa nhi kiya Ho or kaise pata kru or kis doctor ko dihau dentist or ent.
I have bad stomach may be that's why my mouth stinking always, I brushed twice in a day but that has no results try to help me and recommend something.?
I still have swollen gums and it is just not getting better. I have taken antibiotics and also have been maintaining clean oral hygiene. I would I like to send pictures of my gums as it is only a portion of the gums which is swollen and its difficult to brush my teeth in that portion.
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.