Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Visakhapatnam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramanand Satapathy
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramanand SatapathyYour feedback matters!
Greetings, I am an Indian living in Bali. I suffer from a general lack of confidence and self belief. I have also had anxiety attacks as a result and had days where I get bored and stay at home for 1 or 2 days feeling angry or upset. I live alone and have few friends around. I also have days when I am extremely social and make friends easily. Are these symptoms related to depression? Or is the lack of sef belief combined with the alienation causing the stress. Would like to elaborate more. Thank you.
I basically think of my best friend as inferior to me, because I'm smarter than her, score better, get more attention from guys, have more friends, have more fun than her, which gives me self confidence boost, and I feel better. Now recently, she got proposed by a guy who's proposed me earlier and I rejected, though I have more and better guys hovering over me, still this wasn't a good feeling. I realized that I'm basically comparing myself to her which would be really bad for me in the long run if she ever gets better than me in anything that I consider myself Superior in. So I would be greatly obliged if you kindly advise me how to get over this, and be normal, I really really need help, thank you so much in advance.
What are the symptoms of depression and what is the best remedy what precautions should be taken with the patient.
Dear Dr. Knowingly & unknowingly I had destroyed my body with all the habits now I'm facing some issue like, 1. Shaking of hands. 2. No resistance power. 3. Depression 4. Weakness I wanna change my life and wanna fix it can you please suggest me on this. Thanks
Parkinson’s disease is a disorder involving the nervous system. It can start with a mere tremor of one hand and advances to slow movement and stiffness. The face might show little no symptoms in the beginning but the speech might become slurred. With every passing day, the condition worsens. This condition has no permanent cure but the symptoms can be improved with proper medication.
What are the symptoms?
Some unmistakable symptoms include the following:
- A sudden shaking of the limb. A sudden tremor of the hand is a very common symptom of this disease.
- A stiffness of the muscles that can limit the range of motion and sharp pain.
- The posture of the body might get compromised. Often balancing problems are witnessed among many patients.
- There could be problems with speech leading to soft, slurry or quick speech. The speech in some cases can become monotonous devoid of inflexions.
- Parkinson’s disease can lead to slow movement and makes performing of simple tasks difficult.
- Patients often find writing very difficult
What are the possible causes of Parkinson’s disease?
- Specific genetic mutation can lead to Parkinson’s disease in folks who have a family history of Parkinson’s disease. Certain variations of the gene increase the risk of this disease
- Exposure to certain environmental factors or certain toxins can trigger Parkinson’s disease in an individual.
- Certain cells in the brain known as Lewy bodies can trigger Parkinson’s disease.
- A certain kind of protein cells within the brain known as alpha-synuclein can trigger the Parkinson’s disease in an individual
What are the risk factors?
- Heredity: Having an immediate family member or a close relative suffering from Parkinson’s disease can increase the risk of getting this disease in an individual
- Age: Although not a prime risk factor, but an individual over the age of over 60 have an increased risk of getting this disease
- Toxins: Exposure to pesticide or certain herbicide increase the risk of Parkinson’s
- Sex: Men are more likely to get Parkinson’s disease than women
What is the medication for Parkinson’s disease?
- Carbidopa-levodopa: This is a natural chemical that gets passed to the brain and is converted to dopamine by the body. The benefits of this medication might reduce with increased symptoms.
- Carbidopa-levodopa infusion: A popular drug in this category is known as the Duopa. It is administered directly into the small intestine in the form of gel through a feeding tube.
- MAO-B inhibitors: Drugs from this group include rasagiline and selegiline. This is a powerful medicine. Many patient experiences hallucination during the initial days of consuming these drugs.
- Anticholinergics: This medication is mainly used to counter tremors of the limbs in the early stage of the Parkinson’s disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!