Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Chandra
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rama ChandraYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I have so many pimples at my face so please give me hopefully great suggestion for clean up my face and how to remove pimples having my face?
Do you ever wish you could start all over and take better care of your skin? A chemical peel could give you that chance. Peels can dramatically reduce lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and roughness caused by years of sun.
A chemical peel is a solution applied to the face to remove the outermost layer or layers of skin. It's a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new skin that grows in its place is softer, smoother and has fewer imperfections. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
There are three basic types of chemical peels:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. A thorough evaluation by a dermatologic surgeon is imperative before embarking upon a chemical peel.
When is a chemical peel appropriate?
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
- Pigmentation on face or body
- Fine Wrinkles
- Acne marks and scars
- Aging skin
- Crow's feet
- Sagging skin
Who should not opt for chemical peels?
Generally, light-haired and fair skinned people are the best candidates for chemical peel. The procedure does not work as well on dark skinned patients. The procedure is not recommended for individuals with infections, active skin disease, cut or broken skin, or sunburns. Other contraindications include patients who are:
- Nursing or pregnant.
- Have taken Accutane in last six months.
- Have psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or rosacea.
Changes are transient and easy to take care of if taken care properly.
- Reactivation of cold sores
- A variety of chemical treatments can be used to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
Depending on the depth of treatment required, your surgeon may choose one of the following peels:
- Alpha-hydroxy acid peel (AHA)
- Trichloroacetic acid peel (TCA)
- Phenol peel
- Croton oil peel
Aftercare and recovery
Your dermatologist will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After surgery, you and your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your postsurgical care, including information about:
- Normal symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
Watching your hair fall and seeing bald spots grow may not affect your physical health, but can seriously affect your emotional health in terms of self image and confidence. Thankfully, this is not a condition you need to live with. Today, thinning hair and bald spots can be easily treated with hair transplant procedures. The type of hair transplant procedure best suited to a person depends on a number of factors. Some of these factors are the type of hair loss, the size of area and quality and quantity of hair follicles available.
Hair transplant procedures are of two types; Follicular Unit Extraction and Follicular Unit Transplantation. Here are a few differences between the two types of hair transplant procedures.
- Hair follicle harvesting: Follicular unit extraction involves surgically removing a strip of tissue with hair follicles from the back of the head. This is then divided into millions of grafts each with a few hair follicles. Lastly, these grafts are transplanted into the bald areas. In the follicular unit transplant process, the hair follicles are individually plucked from the scalp. As the hair follicles are removed randomly from all over the head, there loss of density in the donor area is hardly visible. As with follicular unit extraction, these hair follicles are then transplanted to the bald spots.
- Time taken: Follicular unit extraction requires considerably less time to harvest hair follicles as compared to follicular unit transplant. This is because the latter focuses on removing individual hair follicles. The second half of the process takes the same time for both processes.
- Pain factor: A traditional follicular unit extraction procedure has a longer healing period than the follicular unit transplant procedure as the former involves sutures that take the time to heal and can cause discomfort. This procedure also leaves behind scars in the area where the hair follicles are harvested from.
- Area to be treated: Follicular unit extraction is better suited to transplants over large areas while follicular unit transplant is ideal for small bald spots. This is because the follicle harvesting time for Follicular Unit Extraction procedures is the same whether the follicles are to be transplanted to a small or large area while the time taken for follicle harvesting by the latter procedure is directly proportional to the transplant area.
- Cost: Follicular unit transplant is the most expensive procedure between the two as it requires more time and expertise. However, newer techniques can reduce the cost per follicle closing the gap between the two procedures.
Actually I am suffering from white hair. So early my hair is growing to white. Please give me some solution.
I am 31 years old where in my face lots of dark black spots and pimples and also very oily skin Please suggest how to remove scars and spot.
I am 23 years old female and have dark complexion. Can you please suggest best fairness cream and having no side effects. Because my sister having fair skin she always insulted me. Can you understand my problem so give me a good advice to get fair skin.
Recently I have itching on thighs and personal area. Used cream TOP 5 and also medicine which medical store gave me. No relief. Best cream for this fungi infection.
I want to asked that how to avoid the pimples and I how to fill the black heads and the pimples marks.
home remedies for fungal infections
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas