Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pilla Durga Rao
Submit a review for Dr. Pilla Durga RaoYour feedback matters!
Dr.Pilla Durga Rao
GOOD TREATMENT AND COUNSELLING
Male and female masturbate is good for health or not? If good means how many once masturbate have to do?
I am masturbating continuously once in 10 hours a day. I am not able to control it. How to control it. Will it leads to any other problems ?
I have rashes near my genitals. What should be done? I am 23, male, working, and not sexually active. I masturbate frequently. It burns a lot while taking a bath. And there are white patches.
How to control masturbation? Is this habit is very effective? What are the cause has been happen? He is daily masturbation.
My husband is not physically attracted to me, He never has sex with me. I feel this absence in my life, how can I make myself physically attracted? please help. I have a kid who's 1 yr. Old and breastfed. So, The shape of my breasts also lost its beauty nd has been loose, please tell me how can I regain its beauty.
If I use tentex royal 30 mins before intercourse will it be beneficial to cure temporary Erectile Dysfunction.
I lose my stamina in 2 minute I want to know which medicine should take for more stamina to have sex with my wife.
If you are thinking of adopting one of the effective birth control measures, you can try an intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD is a small plastic device which is placed in the uterus and it helps in preventing the pregnancy. A plastic string is attached to one end for ensuring proper placement and for removal. An IUD can be removed easily and is a reversible birth control method. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using IUDs.
There are two types of IUDs which are commonly used. They are as follows:
- Hormonal IUDs: In case of hormonal IUDs, a small amount of progestin is released into the lining of the uterus. This hormone is similar to the progesterone hormone. This hormone helps in thickening the cervical mucus, thereby, making it difficult for the entry of sperm into the cervix. The growth of the uterine lining is slowed down, which makes fertilised eggs inhospitable.
- Copper IUDs: In this form of IUD, a tiny amount of copper gets released into the uterus. Sperm is prevented from entering the egg as they get immobilised on the way to the fallopian tubes.
- Most women who have used this contraceptive device are satisfied with them, according to surveys.
- A woman using an IUD is protected from pregnancy totally and no other preventive measures such as taking a pill every day is required.
- These devices start working as soon as they are fitted and can easily be removed.
- They can be implanted in the uterus four weeks after giving birth to a baby or after an abortion.
- Breastfeeding is safe for women using copper IUDs.
- Using IUDs enables a woman to smoke cigarettes and high blood pressure is prevented.
- Women who use hormonal IUDs experience less blood loss during menstruation and less pain.
- IUDs can be used for several years.
- IUDs are quite expensive.
- IUDs can only be removed by a health professional.
- These devices do not provide protection from any sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
- The insertion of IUDs can cause a genital infection in the uterus and lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- There are chances of an IUD getting misplaced in the uterus, which may lead to pregnancy and injuries as well. The wall of the uterus may get punctured upon insertion of this device, leading to cramping, backache and excessive uterine bleeding accompanied by pain.
It is important that you must consult a doctor before thinking of getting an IUD fitted. Several screenings and tests need to be carried out before deciding upon the IUD that would work best for you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.