Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi M N VYour feedback matters!
I have been trying to conceive since last 3 years but failed every time. I have had a HSG done which showed my left tube is blocked and the right side is partially open. What are my chances of conceiving after this procedure. 2 years hv already passed since I did that. Thanx.
Hi, I am 27 years old. And from last 6, 7 months i'm having a problem. Earlier my period cycle was of exact 28 days but from last some months i'm getting periods in 26,25 or sometimes 27 days. I am feeling pain in my lower abdomen near about 10 days before my period date. And having back pain too. M doing sitting job from last 4 years so in confusion now. Is this weakness or hormonal changes. One more thing that i'm noticing hairs on chin area from last 6 months. Is this normal or anything serious. please help me out. I'll be getting married in october and why m getting these problems now? Suggest any medicine or other solution.
Hello there, I am suffering from back pain and all time urine pressure though the urine output is good. Gastric is there as I am feeling pain all over, like sometimes in leg hand stomach or heart. High irritation and I just want to hold my stomach or that pain tightly. Again pain is not that chronic I mean some irritation. My period is due in two days. That period pain I can identify but this type of irritation and heaviness never happened. Once slightly I felt for a day and my gastric issues got over then that irritation was not there.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.
Hii Doctor, I want to know about 2 days ago I had sex with my partner as well as anal sex also. Now she is suffering from weakness, body pain and fever. Is it a symptom of getting pregnant. If yes the how to prevent it.
My wife is having high BP from her first pregnancy which is happened 3 years before. Now she is taking Telma 40 on daily night. Now we are planning for 2nd kid so what are the complications for her in conceiving 2nd kid. Kindly suggest us. Note Latest BP reading: 160/80 Weight: 95kgs Age: 29.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high-quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.
Mitochondrial replacement (MRT, sometimes called mitochondrial donation) is a special form of in vitro fertilisation in which the future baby's mitochondrial DNA comes from a third party. This technique is used in cases when mothers carry genes for mitochondrial diseases. The two most common techniques in mitochondrial donation are pronuclear transfer and maternal spindle transfer.
Cells are the tiniest part of any organism including the human body, but has various parts within, which have specific functions. The mitochondria, for instance, are the batteries of the cells and produce energy for all functions, including cellular movement and adequate cellular function.
The egg, being a single cell, also is highly dependent on the mitochondria for its optimal function. For an egg to be healthy, it should have optimal energy, and that comes only when the mitochondria is functioning at its best. This determines the overall quality of the egg too. Poor eggs, it is well established, is one of the major cause of infertility, as it cannot implant itself and sustain the entire term of pregnancy.
Studies have confirmed that eggs have more mitochondria than normal cells, as their energy requirements are higher.
The ovaries have cells called precursor cells, which eventually can become eggs and get fertilized. Studies have shown that when mitochondria from these precursor cells are infused into the fertilized egg, the overall quality of the egg improves and therefore improves chances of fertilization.
Mitochondrial transfer is the new technique which is being developed and has resulted in a baby but involves third party IVF and hence is in a ethical debate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a IVF Specialist.
My daughter is not having regular motion. After every 2 to 3 days she is pooping. Is it normal at this age? She is under complete breastfeeding. She looks completely normal and happy. What should I do? Please suggest.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS lead to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
In today’s world, when you go to meet someone casually, or for an interview may be, the first thing that people will notice is your looks. The world has become very shallow; here your packaging matters than the content. And looking it positively we can make out that one doesn’t get to know about your inner beauty until he comes to talk to you or spend time with you, and to do that your looks should be capable of bringing people to you.
For maintaining this good look and personality you need to take efforts. You don’t need to take too many efforts so as to look like a supermodel, but some simple things and precautions to get a good look, a good personality and a healthier, prettier you!
Focusing initially on the looks of your face, you don’t need going to parlor every now and then or continuously applying tons of makeup on your face. You need to wash your face at least four times a day with a face wash, the one with natural ingredients.
Then resort to simple makeup like cream, powder, natural mascara, some lip gloss, simple accessories. For hair care, apply oil before washing and don’t use conditioner very frequently, and comb your hair at least twice a day. Don’t be stressed, it reflects on your face and body.
You don’t just need to look healthy but also feel healthy, for that the first thing you should start with is some yoga and meditation for 10-15 minutes along with your daily work out of at least 30 minutes. Working out doesn’t really help if along with that you keep eating like a baby elephant. You need to be on a healthy diet, not the starving diet.
The important thing in diet is to eat, but eat less and eat in regular intervals of like 2 hours, and whatever you eat should be less of oil, fat and spice. Don’t cut off on anything, just reduce the quantity, as everything is essential for body, the body even needs fats in proper quantity but not more than that. And try to eat salad, sprouts, and juices whenever you’re hungry. Also chew your food properly and try to avoid processed food as far as possible.
Following these simple things you’ll not look good but will also start feeling good. And when you feel good, only good things will happen with you. Also keep smiling, that’s the best way to look and feel good.