Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.VenugopalYour feedback matters!
I have twin baby 5 month old I m not having enough milk can you give an advice what to give and what not to give.
Hello doctor, since last 1 week at evening and night time after giving food sometimes he completely vomited. At evening we give him fruits juice like mango, papaya, Apple and evening give navadhanya, Ragi powder, banana powder. Morning he is OK eat properly. We tried to feed Rice. Idly.and all these things he vomiting. Now 14 months completed and feeding him 3 times a day along with brest feeding. Please suggest what we have to do in this situation.
My son is 13 years old and he weighs approx 70 kg what should I do to make his weight normal. His height is approximately 5.3 feet.
My daughter is about 4 years old. From the birth of her, she didn't do clear potty & she go behind the bed & she straighten her legs tightly & she press her toilet place. She didn't hunger, until we give she didn't eat anything with her only. please say any suggestions or tell any syrup name.
The attack of asthma is severe if
The patient is breathless at rest, is hunched forwards,talks in words rather than in sentences(infants stop feeding),is agitated,drowsy,or confused,has bradycardia or has a respiratory rate of more than 30/mt.
Wheeze is loud or absent.
Pulse is more than 120/mt( greater than 160/mt in infants)
PEF is less than 60% of predicted or personal best,even after initial tratment.
The patient is exhausted.
The response to initial treatment is no prompt and sustained for at least 3 hours.
There is no improment within 2-6 hours after oral glucocorticoid tratment is started.
There is further deterioration.
Mild attacks ,defined by a reduction in peal flow of less than 20%,nocturnal awakning and increased use of B2- agonist, can usually be treated at home if the patient is prepared and has a pesonal asthma management plan.
Moderate attack may require and severe attack usually require care in hospital /nursing home.
Good mroning, I am Dr Ashok Rajput, a Pulmonologist, practising in Delhi. Today I will talk to you about very common disease, that is, Bronchial Asthma.
Asthma starts in early childhood and may persist in adult life. It is an episodic disease which is intermitted initially. Later, if left untreated, it become continuous and perennial. Whne one is exposed to dust, fumes, pollen and smoke then the inner lining of the airways swells and becomes inflammed and the lumen narrows. So it becomes difficult to breathe. So these patients get cough, wheezing, snoring and running nose.
The diagnosis of this condition is very easy. What you have to do?
You do Spirometry or a lung function study in which you blow into a computer and you get a graph. You repeat the test after giving bronchodilators, say 15-20 minutes. If you find an improvement in FEV1, one of the parameters, more than 12% you clinch a diagnosis of Asthma.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple these days. The main stay of treatment is inhaled corticosteroids which is given through the inhalers. There are many types of inhalers available with good drugs which act for 12 hours which you need to take only in morning or evening and your Asthma gets controlled. When I say controlled, that means you will no longer have cough, wheeze or sneeze. You can sleep undisturbed in the night and can perform all the activities. You can lead a normal life.What you require is small dose of this inhaler.
Thank you for listening to me.
If you want to contact us, you can come to our clinic or contact through Lybrate.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.
Sir Baby Maanya can't understand general conversation around her. She wasn't so before 4_5 years .she was not so active as her age group children.In her class ;she gets reserve and loose her temper. Because she is not able to communicate normally. Her BERA reports is normal. Her EEG and MRI test reports also normal. She is weak by birth. But her IQ level is good. She spends time in video games.in class 4th. Dr. says no need of hearing aids. To whom should we go to diagnose her problem. Please help. I'll be very grateful to you.
Hello everybody. I'm Dr Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a consultant gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon here at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini. Today, I would like to share some information with you about fibroids.
Fibroids are becoming increasingly common these days. They usually occur in the age group of 30 to 40 years of women but can occur at any age group usually at the age group of 30 to 40years.
Now what are fibroids?
Fibroids are usually noncancerous just an overgrowth of the muscle tissue of the uterus. Fibroids are also called myomas or leiomyomas. Now these fibroids can be located anywhere in the uterus. They can be either in the muscle tissue of the uterus or even in the ovaries or from a stem hanging inside the uterus or out of the wall of the uterus by hanging by a stem. The size and location number of fibroids vary a lot and according to them the symptoms depend.
Now what are the symptoms of fibroids?
The symptoms of fibroids depend on where the situation where the fibroid is located, how big it is and how many numbers of fibroids are located. The symptoms can be they usually cause the change in menstruation. The patient usually experiences heavy bleeding with painful cramping and now instead of monthly bleeds. The bleed may come at irregular intervals and at least twice or thrice in a month. There can be pain during bleeding. Other than the painful bleeding, the fibroid can also result in various symptoms. Because of the size and the weight of the fibroid, it might press on the urinary bladder and the patient might experience frequency of urination even pain during urination. Same if it's at the back of the uterus, it might press on the anus and cause painful deification obtained while passing motions. Because of the heavy bleeding patient might land up with low hemoglobin and having anemia and generalized symptoms of anemia like the fatigue, the weakness, loss of strength, loss of stamina, all these are the symptoms of fibroids. Just a pain in the lower abdomen can also be the manifestation of fibroid.
Fibroid can also cause infertility. Patient might find difficulty in conceiving or there are chances if the patient conceives if the fibroid is located inside the lining of the uterus it might cause increased chances of miscarriages. There might be abortions then but the good thing is that fibroids rarely cause cancer. It might twist on itself, cause severe pain and but it rarely causes cancer and grows over a period of time. It slowly grows over a period of time, sudden growth is a matter of danger sign.
Now, what are the treatments available for fibroid?
Fibroid if it is asymptomatic the patient is comfortable it was just the routine diagnosis, need not require any treatment at all but usually fibroids cause bleeding problems. So the most common treatment that we employ is starting the patient on medical treatment, a number of hormonal pills come which regulate the hormones inside the body of the uterus and limits the blood flow of the patient and the patient remains comfortable. If medical treatment is either not successful or by the location of the fibroid we already know that medical treatment will not work as in case if the fibroid is coming inside the lining of the uterus. In those cases the fibroid has to be removed surgically for the fibroid is usually done. If it is coming inside the lining of the uterus even if it is very small or a big fibroid is obstructing, the uterus lining causing pressure symptoms. In that case surgery has to be done. Now for surgery also there are two to three types of surgery which can be done.
- If so patient is young, she has to conceive again and family is not completed, we try to remove only the fibroid. It is known as myomectomy.
- If the patient is elderly age family is completed, it caues a lot of problproblemshere are multiple fibroids, in that case, the modality of treatment is a one-stop treatment in which we prefer to remove the whole uterus in which case it is known as hysterectomy.
- Regularly total laparoscopic hysterectomy fully by laparoscopy is done routinely at the hospital at Saroj Medical Institute for fibroids.
So this is much for fibroid for today. If you have any query you can contact me at lybrate. I am Dr. Pulkit Nandwani or you can even take a consultation appointment at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini, Delhi.
Sir, my 4 years daughter can't speak, she can hear properly but cannot speak, she speaks only 2-3 words like mammi, kaka. What should I do, I consult the doctors they said she will speak. But as long as time is moving I am getting very upset. Please suggest some solution.
Sir, Meri Beti 4 month and 15 days uska birth weight 2 kg 700 gm the. Uska ab weight 4 kg h jo ki health chart se km h. Usko Atoz syerp Di h chide speslist ma. Or wo bottle se feed kerti h or buffalo milk piti h 1/4 water add Kerke. Or kabhi loose motion or vomit ho Jaati h. Cough nhi h Usko. Loose motion to hota hi rhta h. Or kabhi ek dum tight potty aati h.Please advise.
My 18 months girl baby do not speak or identify things. She loves music and enjoy some particular songs. She is very active and can say two three words only. She is fond of TV and phone. We are worried as she didn't show interest in speaking like other child of her age. Please suggest. Thank you.
My baby is suffering with constipation please advise me what is the best solution for it. Her age is 20 months. We have consulted doctor's many times but no use.
I have a 10 month old baby he is having cold since 8 days rather more of congestion I can also see him breathing through mouth cuz of congestion what should I do about it?
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.