Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj Kumar SakuruYour feedback matters!
I've got head ache since past 7 days I don't know what to do my eyes are red I cant bear the pain any more plzz help me out.
Dear doctor, whenever I eat citrus fruit and garlic I get itching on my eye with tears and I sneeze many times. Why it is happening, pls help.
I can not able to see long distance previous 3weeks Is there any vegetables which help me to raise eyes power.
I have a 2.5 myopia and my no. Is constant for a long time but I have been feeling pain back side of my left eye since I got specs I have checked it with doctors but they say eye is fine what may be the prob.
I've been having eye ache from the past week. And headache too. Headache in the sense on the sides of my head and I thought may be it's due to lack of sleep. I've moved to Australia 2 months ago and I've started working. I'm not able to sleep on time due to working hours. And from the past 2 days I'm not able to fall asleep even though I'm trying to. I'm not able to have deep sleep. May I know what the problem is.
Hi I have problem of eye I want to know how can I improve my eye and head. please reply fast am waiting I have more problem so please solve.
I am 23 years old working man. I use to face screen on an avg. 12hrs a day (computer in office 8hrs and phone 4hours) Now a days I believe I am addicted of watching porn which cause decrease in my health, even I noticed my vision is also effected. Is there any watching porn and discharging really effecting my vision? Or my vision effected by any other reasons. My eyes also startedstarted regularly itching and heat in eyes, fall of water from eyes. Please suggest what to do? Or some precautions required?
I am working in kitchen so the bowl of hot vegetable soop is drop with my hand and soop is coming in my eyes.
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as:
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I feel my eyes heavy after work. Is that something that I need to lower my work stress or else is there any another thing?
How decrease the spectacles no naturally without any operation. My spectacle no is -2 so please help me out.
The skin around the eyes is usually one of the first areas to show signs of aging. There are four noticeable changes that occur around our eyes as we get older. These are:
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Eye bags
- Scleral show
There are many causes for these conditions and they affect each person differently. While some people show signs of aging early, others continue to look youthful for longer.
Let's take a look at four common causes for our eyes to show signs of aging:
- Loss of fat and bone tissue: As we age, the fat in our facial muscles begins to clump up and shifts downwards. As this happens skin begins to sag. The loss of fat is also accompanied by a loss in bone tissue. This makes the skin under the eyes sag further as they lose their underlying support. A loss of fat and bone tissue also leads to hollow surfaces on the skin which results in dark circles.
- Loss of collagen: Collagen is a protein that gives the skin its strength and structure. It is also important in the production of new skin cells. Collagen production is affected by a number of factors such as exposure to UV radiation, smoking and high sugar intake. While these are controllable factors, one uncontrollable factor that affects the production of collagen is aging. As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, the production of collagen reduces. With the loss of collagen, skin becomes thinner and veins become more visible. This also results in a thinner epidermis that makes fine lines appear and causes wrinkles around the eyes.
- Loss of elasticity: Along with collagen the other protein responsible for the firmness of skin is elastin. Elastin helps the skin return to its original state after being stretched or pinched. As we grow older, the production of elastin is also reduced. This loss of elasticity is visible around the eyes as skin begins to droop. The eyelid muscles are also one of the most used muscles in our body. We use them unconsciously every time we open and close our eyes, squint, wink etc. As the amount of elastin is reduced the eyelid skin no longer returns to its normal state every time it is used. Thus it triggers the appearance of wrinkled skin around the eyes.
- Weak muscles: Muscles also grow weaker as we get older. This causes the fat sacks to protrude through the skin leading to bags under the eyes and puffiness. A weak levator muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelids can also cause the eyelid to appear droopy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.