Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Manasi
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment of Allergy & related Disorders
Treatment of Infection
Face Hair Removal Procedures
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Skin & related Disorders
Treatment of Nail infection
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi ManasiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lakshmi Manasi to be very helpful. Thanks Dr.
very friendly.. helped me alot..
Hello Dr. I am a female ,24, with moderate acne and hyperpigmentation. I also have body hair all over my body including chest and abdomen (male pattern) I had a USG done to rule out pcod which was normal. Could you tell me what my next step should be? Waiting for your reply. Dr. Vaishali.
I have side effect of cosmelite on face. Nd my face become black but I use glyco acid cream nd it become almost normal bt it do not cure skin under eyes nd little dark patch on nose. In one of your ans mam you suggest lumacip but it also contain hydroquinone. Is it safe to use. Pls reply mam.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger.
Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems, such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a Vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, my lips are very dark, pls suggest a best medicine for pink lips I have used lot of creams but dint get any result. Pls help.
I use minoxidil 5% to last 2 weeks. But still hair loss more so minoxidil is work or not? Pls give info.
Muje apni moustache hair remove karwana chata hu permanently laser treatment se or full face. Kiya muje bata sakte he aplog kitne season karwane ae mustache permanently chala jayega?
Hello. As my boyfriend is currently suffering from chicken pox I want to know whether I am at risk or not. I was there with him the night before he got rashes. And it says that it is contagious from one of two days before the rashes appear .I have had chicken pox already before when I was small. So kindly let me know whether I am at risk or not. Also is there any preventive measure for it. Something like a medicine to prevent the virus from infecting me and can I have it now if any?
The complexion of a person is determined by a pigment known as melanin. More the amount of melanin in a person, darker the complexion. The benefit of melanin is effective sun protection, and it prevents damage from sun exposure.
We have noticed people with dark (brown/black) spots that are darker than the surroundings skin. Commonly affected areas are the face, neck, hands, back, etc. These are melanin concentrated areas and become more visible in fair complexioned people. They are caused due to overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, which are responsible for the production of melanin.
Now, what causes freckles is not clearly established, though the following are proposed.
- Exposure to sunlight: The cells responsible for melanin production absorb the sun and therefore produce excessive melanin. This is a natural defence mechanism of the skin.
- Ethnicity: Races with white skin are more likely to have freckles than races with darker skin.
- Weather: Some people tend to have freckles only in the summer with fairly clear skin during the winter.
- Genetics: If your parents or siblings have freckles, the chances of you having it are quite high.
- Tanning: Whether by natural means of greater exposure to the sun or artificially done if the salon, increases the chances of developing freckles.
Treatment: There are rumours stating that freckles are “angel kisses,” and “good night charms” and should not be removed as it would bring bad fortune. This is, however, not true and for purely cosmetic reasons, they need to be removed. The commonly affected age group (<30) also is cosmetically sensitive, and therefore the need to treat these.
Prevention is the best and the first solution. Whether by race, heredity, or lifestyle, if you are prone to develop freckles, ensure you are taking the necessary steps to avoid getting freckles in the first place. Avoid sun exposure without sun protection, avoid tanning, and you will be surprised how you can actually prevent freckles. Watch out for weather changes and avoid sun exposure. Reducing the amount of sun exposure can also help in keeping the freckles light, thereby not making too much of a cosmetic concern.
If prevention is not possible, some of the effective treatment measures include:
- Topical creams: These contain bleaching agents like Retin-A. One disadvantage though is that it acts on the entire skin and not just the freckles.
- Laser: A beam of the laser is used to get rid of the unwanted melanocytes which produce melanin. It also improves skin tone and colour.
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the melanin-producing cells, thereby removing freckles.
After treating freckles, preventing freckle formation with limiting sun exposure and sun protection is extremely essential. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!