Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Manasi
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment of Allergy & related Disorders
Treatment of Infection
Face Hair Removal Procedures
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Skin & related Disorders
Treatment of Nail infection
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi ManasiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lakshmi Manasi to be very helpful. Thanks Dr.
very friendly.. helped me alot..
Topical steroids using as fairness creams without doctor's surveillance that to for prolonged period leads to potential side effects. Make the skin get addicted to topical steroid. Steroid creams initially reduce inflammation so acne and pigmentation vanish like miracle and again reappear on attempt to withdraw. This is becoming distressing to the person so will continuously use the cream for years. This leads to many side effects which become tough even for dermatologist to treat.
Some of the side effects are-
1. Thinning of skin
2. Telangiectasia- small vessels under the skin becomes visible
3. Steroid-induced acne
5. Depigmentation of skin
6. Unwanted facial hair
7. Delayed wound healing, bruises
8. Rosacea- erythema and itching even with little sun exposure
People using such steroid creams please stop them and visit near by dermatologist to deaddict your skin. Get it treated before it becomes never ending problem.
1. Don't forget to use sunscreen while going out. Select sunscreen with moisturiser.
2. Apply moisturiser twice daily preferably immediately after bath with little damp skin.
3. Use mild glycerine soaps for bath.
4. Take lot of citrus fruits.
5. Wear lip balm containing SPF frequently.
Hello Dr. I am a female ,24, with moderate acne and hyperpigmentation. I also have body hair all over my body including chest and abdomen (male pattern) I had a USG done to rule out pcod which was normal. Could you tell me what my next step should be? Waiting for your reply. Dr. Vaishali.
I have side effect of cosmelite on face. Nd my face become black but I use glyco acid cream nd it become almost normal bt it do not cure skin under eyes nd little dark patch on nose. In one of your ans mam you suggest lumacip but it also contain hydroquinone. Is it safe to use. Pls reply mam.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger.
Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems, such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a Vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!