Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Hymakar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K HymakarYour feedback matters!
On an average a person consumes nearly 800 calories daily from added sugar. This does not just include natural sugar found in fruits or milk but the processed sweet sugar as well, that is added to cakes, tea, coffee, confectionery and even pasta sauce and salad dressing. However, it is possible that you can limit your sugar intake or even quit it to get some truly amazing benefits.
When you take this hard decision, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as mild depression, anxiety or restlessness. But if you remain adamant and continue with your decision, your body will soon show some incredible results that you couldn't have imagined.
Here are a few of them:
1. Your heart will beat happily
Sugar raises insulin levels that activate the responses of sympathetic nervous system thereby elevating your bp and heart rate. When you cut down on sugar, your ldl cholesterol will decrease by 10% and triglycerides will reduce by 20-30%. And your risk of heart attack will reduce manifold.
2. Your weight fluctuations will be gone
With the exception of fruits, sugar is mostly present in processed or high-carb foods that contain loads of other unwanted constituents like fat etc.
So when you quit sugar, your body has to no longer worry about those unwelcome calories and your weight will stop moving right and left across the scale.
3. Digestion will become efficient
When you quit sugar, the digestive system becomes more efficient. Since your stomach and intestines have to no longer worry about those difficult to digest processed foods, their abilities and functioning improves. Even your colon begins to work better, may be you take more trips to the restroom, so things get even more on track.
4. No more acne troubles
Sugar triggers acne troubles. When you cut it down, you will no longer be troubled by those zits that dampen your looks. Your skin will actually clear up, cracks will disappear and you will get a healthier skin.
5. You will no longer have sweet craving
With sugar, there is a huge negative, as you enjoy sweets, you crave for more sweets. But if you quit sugar, slowly you will begin to avoid foods that contain sugar and as a result, whenever you will eat anything that has sugar, it will taste over sweet and you will not be able to have large portions. This means no more cravings for sugar!
I am a diabetic since last 16 years Recently I checked my HbA1c which 5,6 and fasting insulin is 7,4 Is it OK?
Does Beta Blockers like propranolol / Atenolol / etc good in people with type 2 diabetes? Please advise
Unani treatment is a very ancient form of curing diseases. In the old times, it was practiced in Greece and Arabian countries. According to Unani practitioners, our body is an amalgamation of the four major elements: fire, water, air, and earth. These components remain present in our bodies in equal proportion but when the balance is somehow disturbed we develop certain conditions that distort our lifestyle. However, the condition can be improved if natural products are used to restore the balance. It is almost like rectifying a natural discrepancy with a measure that is in turn, natural.
Diabetes is a condition that is accompanied by frequent urination, excessive pressure on the urinary bladder, weight fluctuation, increased intensity of thirst and hunger, tiredness and loss of sexual drive. According to Unani a person becomes diabetic when one of these disorders takes place:
- If the normal temperament of the kidneys is disoriented.
- Renal inadequateness
- Widening of kidneys and urinary tract.
Here are some of the natural treatments to help you fight diabetes. The products that we are going to talk about are easily available and using them does not require much hassle.
- Jamun Seeds: Jamun seeds have anti-diabetes qualities. Dried and ground jamun seeds can be had, twice, daily mixed along with water. A diabetic person can also chew jamun leaves to control diabetes.
- Bitter Melon or Karela: Karela is a vegetable rich in plant insulin-polypeptide-p. The extract of the vegetable can be consumed daily to reduce blood sugar level. The Karela juice needs to be drunk, twice to thrice per day for better benefits.
- Neem: When it comes to Unani or Ayurvedic medications, Neem tops the list. One can grind around 50 grams of neem and then soak the paste in 100 ml of water. After keeping it overnight the solution needs to be strained and drunk. Neem extract not only administers blood-sugar level, it also purifies the body. Add neem to your diet and get rid of numerous ailments.
- Cotton Seeds: Cotton seeds contain antioxidants, which are the foremost components to fight diabetes. 2 grams of cotton seeds need to be boiled in 1000 ml of water and the process should be continued until the water level comes down to 300 ml. After this, you need to strain the solution and drink the extract at least twice a day.
- Falsa Berry: It is another natural product that regulates diabetes. Take 10 grams of Falsa berry and soak it in water. Leave it overnight. In the morning strain the solution and drink the extract on an empty stomach for the best results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!