Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G Rao
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. G RaoYour feedback matters!
For the past 5 days I have had a really bad headache worse than I have before, I have no head injuries and my eyes and above my eyes hurt a lot to the point where I am crying.
I'm 24 years old male, whenever I eat something my stomach bloats. In the morning things are OK but especially after my lunch my stomach bloats which generates gases. What shall I do? I didn't faced any issues when I lived at home but from last year when I came out to do my job, I'm facing these symptoms. Please help me. Thank You.
Hi doctor My age is 25, I'm masturbating from last 7 years, and know a days when I masturbate my stomach, back (kidney portion) and bellow pennis. Please suggest me and give me solution for this please.
Myself kishore I suffered last 3 month pain in chest , I did many check up but all are normal like ECG, Ultrasound, X-ray. After taking high dose injection I relief in my pain. So I want to know about my Disease. Because I am totally confused about my health.
After masturbate I am feeling like to urine is coming and then I go for urinate. It good habit or bad habit going for urine after masturbate.
Is there any harm if I get jerking ways while bike driving in case of fatty liver though there is improvements in LFT while having medicine and precautions in diet for last one month!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hi, I am suffering from spinal tuberculosis. And I had gone by a surgery after the some test of that pus we got to know that I have mycobacterium tuberculosis. I am taking akurit-4 four tablet at time since last 2 month. But I am not getting relief from back pain what should I need to do now?
I am a spinal injury person. Walking with stick for balance problems. M 5' 8" and 72 kgs. Doing exercise and Physiotherapy regularly. I drink Amul Taaza 200 ml packet every morning with turmeric and night with honey. Now, what type of milk is preferable for me? Cow milk or Amul taaza ?Pls suggest.
Constipation by itself is not a disease but it a condition in which your bowel movement is infrequent and the stools are hard and difficult to pass.
Constipation happens to most of us at one time or the other and then it goes away naturally. Chronic constipation is constipation which is long-term and it usually signals a deep-rooted medical problem which requires intervention.
Symptom of constipation
While fewer bowel movements is a foremost symptom of constipation, other common symptoms are-
- Trouble passing stools
- Pellet-like hard or small stools
- A sense of being full even after a bowel movement
- Flatulence, swollen belly
- Belly pain
- Throwing up
- Changes in your lifestyle and usual diet like travelling
- Having too much of dairy
- Colon cancer
- Eating disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS
- Neurological conditions like Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- Inactive lifestyle
- Less water and fibre in diet
- Overusing laxatives
- Problems with the muscles and nerves in the digestive system
- Drugs like pain medications and narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills
What should you do?
Constipation can be handled by taking simple steps like:
- Drinking four extra glasses of water a day over your normal intake.
- Drinking warm water in the morning.
- Adding more fibre to your diet by eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating more bran cereal and brown rice.
- You can use a very mild over-the-counter stool softener and laxatives like magnesium hydroxide. But take care to not use them for more than two weeks at a time. If you don’t get any relief, it’s time to call your doctor.
- Constipation happens out of the blue and is not a new problem for you.
- You see blood in your stool.
- You are losing weight.
- You are experiencing severe pain during bowel movements.
- Your constipation is more than two weeks old.
- You are getting pencil-thin stools.
The following tests are recommended to unearth the reasons behind chronic constipation:
- Blood tests to check hormone levels
- Barium studies a kind of test which looks for blockages in your colon
- Colonoscopy which again looks for blockages in your colon
A type of constipation which is due to pelvic floor /outlet dysfunction. This may need biofeedback therapy. At times some kind of minor surgery
Constipation really is very amenable to diet and lifestyle changes. Eat a well-balanced diet and go for light, regular exercise to prevent chronic constipation. Also, drink two quarts of water every day to keep yourself regular.