Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in no.201,Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Edward Goldwin
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Edward GoldwinYour feedback matters!
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
- Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
- Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
- Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
- The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
- Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
- Persistent foul breath
- Red inflamed gums
- Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
- A sensation of pain while chewing food
- Loose teeth
- Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
- The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
- Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
- After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
- If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
- Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
- Scaling should be done every 6months.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 17 year old boy. I feel the bad smell in my mouth. When I get up. And even when I have food or water. I feel that near my voice box something is there which is creating the problem. When I mingle and then leave the air out then I can feel that bad smell. So what can be done to get rid of this problem.
I have toothache 3 to 4 days before and also swelling on right cheeks. I am taking zerodol sp, pan 40 and Clavam 625. The tooth pain is no more but still I have swelling. Can I take any more medicine or any home remedies for it.
Dear sir I have pain in my teeth from last 3 days. I can't eat hot and cold I teams. Kindly suggest what should I do please suggest.
My teeth are paining and there is swelling on that side. I have taken mox 250, brufen 400 and subsequently salt and baking soda mouthwash. combiflam is also used.in a small measure. However the pain is persisting. I am diabetic type 2 on insulin and nearly 80 years old. Can you suggest a quick relief .i will visit a dentist after the pains subside.
rotate in both directions and pulsate are the most effective.
They are particularly useful for people with limited movement, such as disabled or elderly people, who often find that using a manual toothbrush does not allow them to clean thoroughly.