Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B Ramesh BabuYour feedback matters!
I've been suffering from depression since a long time. I take Tab. Serta 100 mg/day. Despite that, my depressive feelings have not subsided. I consulted my doctor and he said that the medicines have to be continued for some more time. Is there any alternative?
I am a teacher and since last year I am going through throat infection and pain, suggest Some measures from swollen throat and throat pain. My Dr. suggest me to give a voice rest or else quit teaching. What measures I should take now?
Im 65 years old lady under grt depression due to my own life condition and worried abt my and childrens future. Have lost interest in every thing including any religious activity. Any suggestion?
My wife is suffering from depression, her thinking is negativeshe is compleately in tention. Kindly suggest me some medicines so she will be tention free.
I am 34 year old and have a 1. 5 months daughter. I got married 2 year back. At the time of marriage we were dating and at marriage time I was one month pregnant. So after marriage when we got to know about my pregnancy we decided to carry on this. So we stop doing intercourse. During pregnancy I gained 15 more kgs. All of a sudden everything changed with d responsibility. Bcz of lack of sleep and holding all financial burden alone my husband started sleeping alone. Now after marriage we never get intimate. We sleeping a separate rooms. N there is no romantic feeling between us. How we can resolve it? .
Since 5years I'm smoking, I want quit it but I can not. What I have to quit from it and lead a Normal healthy life.
Actually I smoke and I want to know which cigret is a bit harmless cigret please say me of your opinions.
Iam getting worried and tensed when facing a matter or someone. Even if I try to control my mind I cant. My heart beat increases gradually. I cant able to speak, my lips will vibrate. Iam done with this problem. Please help me. This happens even for small matters.
Sir, My elder daughter, age 24 years is a patient of schizophrenia and is under treatment at PGI Chandigarh for the last 10 years. Presently she takes clozapine 200 mg single dose daily. Her problem is somewhat controlled but not totally cured. My younger son aged 17 years ,who is presently studying in class 12th (Non Medical stream) is quite intelligent and is presently taking coaching for Joint Entrance Exam of Engineering stream. His problem is that while he is quite at ease with Maths and Physics, he does not fare well in Chemistry. In weekly coaching/school test he does not fare well in Chemistry. Whenever, his results are out he is quite upset and gives up studying other subjects also. He does not want to go school/coaching institution and quarrels with his mother. When scolded for this, he becomes abusive and makes illogical arguments. However, after some time all is normal and he agrees to go to school/coaching institution . He does perform well in studies but again he is not consistent with his studies for the reasons mentioned above. Sometimes he is so optimistic that he he boasts of cracking IIT exam. But gives up easily when confronted with non performance. His lifestyle is somewhat similar. Sometimes, he cares well for his outlook, dress etc. But on another occasion, he does not care about his personal hygiene also. This issue was also discussed by me with Consular of my daughter at PGI Chandigarh, who asked me to bring my son for check up as soon as it is possible, but the problem is that my wife differs with me and says that our son has no psychiatry problem and it is just a behavioral problem and that would subside with the passage of time. She also fears that taking our son to PGI Chandigarh would make him dependent on medicines (with side effects) life long , as is the case with our elder daughter. Here in this context, I would request you to kindly advise me the right course. Thanking you.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Help me.
I am suffering from stammering and I am 19 years old. While at home and talking to other people I stammer less but whenever I find myself in public places wgen I have to face public and speak I stutter alot and sometimes I have blockage due to which I am unable to even speak, I also get anxiety and my stomach also hurts while speaking. So should I consult a speech therapist, psychologists or a Public speaking and Personality development course ?I am confused.
My grandson who is 10 months old does not get proper sleep during the day as well as at night n cries a lot at night if he does not get sleep.
I am 25 years old, I had my first panic attack on 2nd oct 2016. (my grandma has passed away in sept 2016 at age of 76 she suicided, yet no one knows the reason but she used to say I ll die soon before her death and doc gave her depression tablets, they was no use. I was fine for a month, later I had a small argument with my husband where I told you depress me always. I was thinking over it and that day was my first panic attack took place like I started thinking am I depressed and what even I ll suicide that day onwards till nov 28 I used to get sweat hands and shortness breathing n all. I visited a psychiatrist he suggested me nexito 10 mg after a week I refuse to take as the reviews on net showed they r addictable. I do not want to rely on tabs anyway. Later I joined meditation and zumba and my anxiety reduced to a great extent but thoughts of death and if I see old people I get a feeling they ll die soon how r they still happy? How r everyone happy as they know they ll die one day. That time I get a short breathing prob for secs and m fine in notime. But at times I get a feeling m not enjoying my life thinking about all this cause before I was a brave girl a university topper never feared for anything and now I get a thought its better to die instead of such disturbance n very next sec I say to myself m not a coward no matter what I ll search for solution. Now can I overcome it forever without medication? Or else if I take nexito will I get addicted to it? And r they any chances of getting anxiety again in future? N hows hypnosis or nlp help me?
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.