Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok PamuYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years male and blood comes out from my upper teeth (not lower jaw teeth) when I brush. What do you think? Is it because of structure of my teeth and are they can be fixed using braces at this age?
I have problem of stomach in digestion because I have ulcers in my mouth every month or two times in a month. What should I do?
I am throwing up blood every morning, its not much in amount and comes with my spit. I can feel it coming from my throat and I feel chest pain till I eat something just after the throw up. I am smoking since 2 years but only 1 or 2 in a day, I drink very occassionally and blood colour which comes out is bright red. I drink lot of water and my diet is also good. I take heavy breakfast and lunch but my dinner is light as I prefer it to be light. I have consulted a doctor he says it can be acidity or gastric ulcer, but Im worried as It happens twice or thrice every week. I hope I have explained everything, please help!
Hello doctor I am 30 years old I eat in cold like ice cream my teeth in painting what I do now please tell me.
Initially I had front lower teeth swollen gums for that I checked up with dentist he did scaling of all teeth. Initially it was perfect no bleeding all well but slowly apart from existing teeth other few teeth are now started bleeding accompanied with bad breath I dont want bad breath pls suggest sincere suggestions.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.