Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arunkumar Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
My mother has knee pains, and she has been using the pain killers, is this continuous use of pain killers cause any side effects? S.
I'm having insomnia. How can I get a better sleep. Tried many things like having milk before bed .etc etc.
Sir I am 44 year old and suffering from knee pain and bones pain and my all joints create sound so what I do?
I am 59 yr woman with severe pain in right knee, because of arthritis. how to reduce this pain please advise.
Sir, I am 28 year old male. I am newly married. After intercourse I feel pain in my knee therefore I want to know that what is the reason for this pain. I am very disappointed. So please give me advise.
Sir, my wife is suffering from her knee & Leg pain & swelling from last five six months. Now her paw also swelling & getting red. Please tell me how can she relive from this?
I have suffering from sharp knee pain ,joint pain and teeth pain. Ter is any medicine or should I go for x-ray. please suggest.
You might be aware that there is no way that you can prevent arthritis to happen except for being car. But what you can do is delay and reduce the risk of its potential onset. If your joints are healthy now, there is no guarantee that they will always be, unless, you take good care.
Do you know a few kinds of arthritis can be modified. They are:
1. Gout - Have a healthy, balanced diet which is low in cholesterol, alcohol and sugar. This will help you fight against the onset of gout.
2. Osteoarthritis - To modify the risk factor of osteoarthritis, it is important to maintain a healthy weight.
How to defeat arthritis?
1. Keep a check on your weight: If you are obese, you are putting more pressure on your joints and as a result, they wear out soon. By losing weight, you can make a lot of difference in your joint health.
2. Ensure good water intake: Our body is 70% water. And water is one of those things which is the most important for us. Staying hydrated is very important, even for your joints. Because when the body is dehydrated, and the body needs water, it uses the water stored in our bodies, incl the water in the cartilage.
3. Try to avoid any injury: No one really wants to get injured but it is important to be careful and cautious against injuries of any kind. The more injured your joints are, the more susceptible they are to wear and tear now, and arthritis later in life.
4. Don’t stress with physical tasks: There is a way and correct posture to do them, but many people ignore those and perform the tasks clumsily. This puts additional pressure on your joints.
5. Get Your share of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is very important for us. If your body has adequate amount of vitamin D, then you are less susceptible to arthritis. It is wise to get the levels tested and if low, a doctor consulted for proper medication.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I feel weakness in my legs lower to knee and feel pain upper of my brain and also feel pain in my chest. What should I do?
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees.