Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arunkumar Krishna Rao
Submit a review for Dr. Arunkumar Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
My mother 57 years suffering rheumatoid artheritis from last 2 months. Dr prescribed sazo500 twice daaily,ultracet twice daily, gemcal plus 1tab daily,folvite 4tab per week and folitrax 10 1tab weekly. She also havebeen taking thyroxin 75 and s amlosafe 2.5 per day from last 5years. Now mom relief from 70% joint pain. But now she feels very week and poor appitite. Why?
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by extreme muscle pain that is followed by weakness, fatigue and issue with the state of mind. It is believed that fibromyalgia causes painful sensations by affecting the way your mind forms pain signals.
Indications now and then start after a physical injury, surgery, disease or critical mental anxiety. In different cases, side effects progressively show after some time with no single occasion that triggers it.
Here are some coping methods you can use to help yourself live well with fibromyalgia:
Minimize stress and tension in your life. Stress may play an essential part in activating fibromyalgia side effects and its symptoms. Many individuals with fibromyalgia tend to feel on the edge, anxious, and inactive around the time when the side effects fibromyalgia flare up.
Exclude yourself from unpleasant circumstances. People tend to amplify issues, making them appear to be far more prominent than they are. When you think of something to be a last chance situation, despite the fact that in reality, it is not, your body responds as though you are at risk. Work at treating your feelings as problems come by.
Make worksite adjustments. To continue working full-time, you should stay rationally and physically ready to handle your employment obligations. To keep away from stress and tension, you may need to give additional time during the day to complete your personal needs and sort out your problems. Converse with your manager and work out a timetable that allows you to manage your time.
Coordination. Coordination is important with an unending condition like fibromyalgia. Transparent conversations diminish the problems amongst you and your companion, family, friends and colleagues.
Figure out how to say no. Failing to say no to excessively numerous requests will make you overburdened. That will add to your anxiety level. To help yourself say ‘no’ to a convincing companion, consider the circumstance before you reply and also think about the time you will be saving.
Keep a diary. Writing in a diary consistently can turn into a great channel for analyzing yourself and your situation. A few people can also figure out when their fibromyalgia symptoms started. That can help them see how and when the symptoms began.
Take a hot shower. Take a hot shower, a hot tub bath, or a steam bath. To begin with, it will help you to unwind the muscles that are tense. It will also decrease the pain and make your muscles more flexible and effortless to move.
- Exercise frequently. As per physiotherapists, exercising routinely is vital to get rid of fibromyalgia. In light of the pain, delicate muscles, continuous weakness, and stiffness felt by individuals with fibromyalgia, many have turned out to be physically unfit. Hence, all of the above-mentioned treatments are very important in order to stay fit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.
Hi sir, Iam suffering headache in some incidents. Stomach pain. And my grand parents also suffering with knee pains. Plzzzz give solution. In hyd telangana.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.