Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Gopal Rao
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. A Gopal RaoYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic and my muscles seem to be loose than before. Can you suggest remedies to tighten my muscles. Is there any medicine that will help?
My friend is suffering from cold and cough from few days. Is it normal due to whether change or other reason?
What are the symptoms of chicken pox? In elder and in beby child what about its cure, and the medicines. Please refer the answer as soon as possible.
When you are potentially exposed to HIV, and if there is a way to prevent from getting infected, you will seek to perform it. One such procedure is Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) which must be initiated within 72 hours of possible exposure to HIV.
What is PEP meant for?
The Human immune deficiency virus causes HIV infection that affects the immune system and is considered to be one of the deadly forms of infections. This virus spreads through bodily fluids such as blood, semen, vaginal fluids and breast milk. There are chances of encountering the infection under the circumstances such as having sexual intercourse or sharing needles with an infected person by accident. In such a case, PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) can come to your aid in preventing the infection.
The medical term PEP refers to the intake of ARV or antiretroviral medicines after being exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus. To be more specific, PEP is a short-term antiretroviral treatment that works towards reducing the symptoms and likelihood of the HIV infection after being exposed to it.
Who should opt for PEP treatment?
PEP can be ideal for everyone who comes in contact with the HIV and is an HIV negative. Whether one is exposed to HIV through a needle stick injury during his/her work as a health care professional, or whether it’s unprotected sex that has exposed one to HIV, or the sharing of used needles or through sexual assault, opting for the PEP can be the next best step as it is particularly meant for emergency situations.
When and how long PEP can be taken?
Are there any side-effects of taking PEP?
When opting for PEP treatment, some people may experience a few side effects due to it, which varies from person to person, such as vomiting, nausea, headaches, diarrhea, fatigue, etc. However, none of the side effects are life-threatening and can be easily treated. Often, it is due to the reaction of the PEP medications with other drugs that one is taking at the same time that the side-effects start showing. Moreover, as PEP can potentially prevent HIV infection, this benefit certainly outweighs the inconvenience caused as side effects.
PEP is considered to be one of the most effective and promising treatments available for preventing HIV infection if taken correctly and within the certain time duration. In case one thinks he or she has been exposed to HIV somehow, talking to a health care professional regarding PEP becomes crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I work in software company as Admin and IT head. My work involves sitting in front of computer for at least 4-5 hrs everyday. I walk 30 minutes everyday. I drink at least 3 litres water everyday. From last 2 years I started feel fatigue and dizzy everyday. I lost nearly 10 kgs during suffering from severe acid reflux. I did endoscopy and colonoscopy after a Gastroenterologist advice. I took Ganaton tablets for 3 months. Now I don't have acid reflux but dizziness is there. Sometimes I feel burning sensation inside my palms and inside foot. Some times I feel like prickling in left leg calve area. My health checkup shows. If I touch very cold water, nerves in my palm bulge twice size and protruding. I have severe constipation and more gas formation. Fasting sugar: 90 Post sugar: 102 BP: 120/70 Total Cholesterol: 170 Vitamin B12: 26 I suspect it is because of Vitamin B12 deficiency. Can you please suggest me any B12 supplement and other food habits to follow to rectify the problem.
I’m 20 but I dint sex and I watching pron video. And my sperm is coming faster and watery I will do hand job So how to stop and get normal sexually life.
‘Hives’ or ‘urticaria’ can be defined as an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps on the skin surface. This happens because of the body’s response to involuntary histamine release by the skin’s blood vessels (which in turn, cause a leakage of blood plasma). The infection generally lasts for about 5-6 weeks, varying significantly in sizes and shapes. Although it is not a serious medical condition, hives can posit considerable discomfort to the affected person (coupled with severe itching and a constant burning sensation near the spot).
Although the exact reason behind the development of this condition is still unknown, researchers suggest that there are some factors that initiate the disorder.
- Hives can occur as a result of insect or parasite bites.
- In some cases, this disorder might occur as a side effect of painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Excessive intake of alcohol or foods rich in proteins such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate, berries etc. might also cause hives.
- Excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun or high levels of stress can also result in hives.
- Also, suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders might drastically aggravate chances of chronic hives as well.
- Development of numerous reddish welts around the face or the arms along with a severe itchy sensation, recurrent feeling of tightness around the chest and constant dizziness.
- Oral inflammation
If not treated immediately after diagnosis, this disorder might cause life- threatening allergic reactions such as Anaphylaxis (a condition which narrows down the bronchial tubes and causes significant breathing troubles) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
The homeopathic preparations useful for treating hives have been mentioned below:
- Apis mellifica: This medication works best for a case of hives that has resulted from insect or parasite bites. Other symptoms that are taken care of by this medication include severe itching and a stinging sensation that worsens at night or with exposure to cold, coupled with mild fever.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure hives that include symptoms of a burning sensation, abnormal swelling, and constant restlessness.
- Ichthyolum and Astacus: This preparation is effective to cure chronic hives caused due to serious medical conditions such as uric acid, tuberculosis, or excessive alcohol consumption. People suffering from this particular type exhibit symptoms such as a large appetite, irritability, and a constant itchiness.