Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr VJs Cosmetic Surgery, Cosmetology & Hair Transplantation CentreYour feedback matters!
Dr C Vijay Kumar is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The interior of the Dr VJs Cosmetic Surgery, was no nicely done, it was so clean. I am so much benefitted with hercosmetic surgery treatment, I am glad that I chose him for the treatment.
I was suffering from hair loss from past 2 years. Visited a lot of clinics before ending up at Dr VJs. I was patiently heard and told to go for PRP. Post treatment , i can say that i am very happy with the results . Hair loss reduced completely
Increase in size achieved from 30 to a size of 34. The surgery i think went on for an hour. I was given a good guidance before going for surgery. All the pros and cons are explained. Now i am looking more confident and happy post surgery.
I had my hair transplantation for 4000 grafts 8 months back. Absolutely wonderful results. Got 80% of my hair. I am jubiliant to say the least.recommend it highly
Completed my 6th session of PRP today . Hair loss completely reduced . Expecting it to stay this way . I Recommend it to others
Extremely patient in hearing my problem. Very helpful. Got rid of my male breast.economical too
Cosmetic surgery is not restricted to the top half of your body. Today along with facelifts and breast implants, butt implants are also gaining popularity. This procedure is also known as gluteal augmentation. Butt implants are usually made of silicone. These soft, solid structures are implants under the gluteus maximus muscles and above the pelvic bone through an incision. The incision is typically made in the butt crease so that it is less noticeable. Here are a few others things you should know about butt implants:
- It is performed under anaesthesia: Butt implant surgery may be performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes anywhere between 2 to 7 hours. However, this procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and no hospitalisation is required.
- It takes time to recover: After the procedure, you will probably notice swelling and tenderness in the area. In most cases, the patient is advised to wear a compression garment for a few days after the surgery. This should resolve itself in about 4-6 weeks but complete recovery can take up to 8 months. This is because the tailbone muscles are cut during the procedure.
- The effects are permanent: Silicone implants can last a lifetime and hence the results of this surgery are permanent. With time the body’s natural tissues merge with the implant. However, in some cases, the implant may slip with time causing an asymmetrical appearance. This can be corrected through a follow-up surgery.
- Anyone can get a butt implant: Butt implants are typically used for people with a flat posterior, but you don’t necessarily need to have a skinny frame to undergo this procedure. Also, there are no size or weight limitations to getting the procedure.
- It is customisable: Butt implants can be customised to suit the person’s size and frame. A surgeon will typically take into account the shape of the patient’s pelvic bone and natural butt contours to create a butt implant that enhances the patient’s frame and does not look unnatural.
- There are risks: Complications are rare but possible with this surgery. Making an incision under the butt crease reduces its visibility but increases the risk of infections. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to anaesthesia. Other possible side effects include pain, discomfort, nerve damage and reduced sensitivity.
- They do not feel completely natural: Silicone butt implants may feel harder than normal tissue and at some angles may not look very natural remove these and post more of positive aspects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Losing weight is a challenge for most people but even more so for those suffering from obesity. With rigorous dieting and exercising you may lose fat but in the case of obese patients, this weight loss leaves behind sagging skin. Surgery is the only solution to this problem.
A tummy tuck of abdominoplasty is a procedure that removes excess fat and skin from the abdomen to create a firmer, more appealing silhouette. A tummy tuck may also be advised for women who have recently given birth and want to get back to their original figure. Most people fear going into surgery as every surgery has its own risks but a tummy tuck procedure is considered quite safe and hence need not be a cause for concern.
An abdominoplasty is usually performed under sedation or general anaesthesia. A horizontal incision is made between the navel and the pubic region. The length of this incision depends on the amount of excess skin to be removed. In some cases, an incision may be needed above the navel as well. The stubborn abdominal fat is removed and the muscle structure is repaired before pulling the skin taut and removing all excess skin. In most cases, the naval will also need to be shifted. The incisions are then closed with sutures or staples and allowed to heal.
It can take about 2 weeks for the results of a tummy tuck surgery to be visible. This is because most patients experience swelling for a few days after the surgery. The results of a tummy tuck surgery last fo as long as the patient can maintain his or her weight. For this reason, patients are usually advised to lose some weight and reach a stable weight before the surgery. In cases of excessive obesity, a single surgery may not be enough to recontour the abdomen and a follow-up procedure may be needed.
A tummy tuck surgery is not considered a weight loss procedure and hence putting on weight by following an unhealthy diet and neglecting exercise can detract from the results of a tummy tuck. For this reason, you may be advised to follow a strict diet after the surgery. This procedure is also not advised for women who are planning a family and have a high probability of pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.
Do you know that enlarged breasts, which are observed in many men are caused because of a health condition? This is known as gynecomastia and involves enlargement of the breast tissues in men. The condition is commonly called man boobs. It is usually not something serious and is not always permanent.
During the puberty stage, gynecomastia is quite common and normal. It occurs because of natural changes in oestrogen and testosterone, the sex hormones. The condition is also likely in men of old and middle age because of ageing and hormonal shift. Certain medicines such as antibiotics, heart medicines, AIDS medicines, drugs for heartburn and anti-anxiety medicines may also be responsible for this condition. Drinking alcohol in excess and taking marijuana, and other recreational drugs also increase the chances of gynecomastia. Breast size may also get enhanced by the use of herbal products containing lavender oil and tea tree oil.
Men affected by gynecomastia are featured by having a rubbery mass underneath their nipple region. It is less in amount and is usually tender. Fluid discharge is also an indication in some cases.
For the diagnosis of gynecomastia, you should visit a plastic surgeon, who deals with cases of hormone imbalances. Blood or hormone tests may be required if your physical examination shows that your breasts are larger than usual, the lymph nodes are swollen, or when the lump is sore.
Commonly, gynecomastia can not be cured with medicines. Surgery is compulsory. In the case of teenagers, the breasts become of normal shape within two to three years. Surgery is the only option for restoring your chest shape and improving your self-image. In the surgery for treating gynecomastia, a small cut is made on your breasts and extra breast tissues are removed. This makes your breasts smaller and flatter. The nipple may also need to be repositioned. Liposuction is another procedure which is carried out for this purpose, in which extra fat is sucked out from under your skin. Among the different modes of treatment for gynecomastia, surgery is meant for long term results. However, you need to undertake a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain your new chest shape. Gaining weight and taking drugs may cause gynecomastia to reoccur. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.
Many men and women suffer from baldness these days and in order to conceal it, look for options available in the market. Though there are many temporary solutions, the most permanent solution is hair transplantation.
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation is broadly achieved by removing grafts/follicles from the back of the head which are more resistant to hormonal changes and placing them in areas of scanty growth or baldness. There are two methods to remove the grafts – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
In FUT method, a strip of scalp is cut out from the back of the head and is dissected into individual grafts.
FUE method of hair transplantation involves taking the individual follicular units/grafts from the back of the head one by one by cutting around it through a tiny specialised machine and removing them. The process is tedious and takes a few hours but is painless after a few numbing injections are given.
The rest of the procedure remains the same in both techniques. Tiny sites are created using very fine blades and needles in the balding areas after numbing them again with local anaesthetic injections. These grafts are then inserted in the sites on the front of the head or wherever there is hair loss.
Advantages of FUT method
- Larger areas of baldness can be covered in fewer sittings.
- The recovery time is much quicker with the patient often returning to work the next day itself.
- The resection rate (the grafts that get cut whilst removing) may be lesser providing superior results. However, the resection rate depends on the skill of the surgeon and his/her staff.
Advantages of FUE method
- As this method of hair transplantation does not involve taking an entire strip of scalp from the back of the head like in strip surgery, there are no cuts or stitches.
- There is no linear scar.
Both methods involve surgery hence a proper consultation with the surgeon is required who can explain the procedure and its advantages and disadvantages. It takes several hours to perform the surgery and implant hence it is important to block the day out completely and be mentally prepared for it. Most surgeons will want to shave the entire head before embarking on the procedure so make sure that you factor that in.
Post surgery care
It is important to follow post surgery instructions and take good care of the grafts. Swelling of the scalp, face is common for a few days. You will be on antibiotics, steroids, painkillers for a few days and will be asked to use Minoxidil and or Finasteride.
The grafts are wetted with saline repeatedly for a few days after the transplant. Hair is washed with a diluted shampoo the next day in a specific manner without disturbing the grafts. They will eventually fall out after two weeks and the new growth will be seen anywhere between three to six months. In FUT method, post-op wound care of the scar is important and the sutures are removed after a week.
Who should opt for FUT method?
- People who have larger areas of baldness.
- People who would like to get the procedure done in a single sitting.
Who should go in for FUE method?
- Suitable for people who have smaller areas of baldness.
- People who want to wear shorter hair styles.
- People with active lifestyles like sportsmen, etc.
- Women with smaller areas of baldness.
- People who prefer less invasive procedures and don’t want cuts, stitches on the scalp.
- Those who want faster recovery.